• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied Liquid Metal Bending.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FearlessPie121

Verified Member
As a decently long enough ProjectKorra supporter/player, I have seen moves improve and worsen. All I can say is: How would this even look somewhat realistic? Liquid Metalbending is indeed a subelement, yes, but there are just some things that should be left as a gap of Minecraft and the Show bending.

Essential Questions:
  • Could we do this without the use of a resource pack?
  • How could we benefit from liquid metalbending when metal is mostly solid.
  • How is this gonna look realistic?
  • How is it gonna fit in with Project Korra?

djmyernos

Verified Member
Yes, it's a cool idea. Who wouldn't want to bend liquid metal? However, is it necessary? Basically, you're taking waterbending moves, and making them for earthbenders. We already have lavabending. I think it'd make more sense for the developers to spend their time creating new moves and developing other aspects of the plugin, instead of taking the time to transfer a couple of moves to a different element. As people have brought up several times in this thread, just because it's in the show, doesn't mean it should be in the game.

promancer

Verified Member
Desc: Basically a metal bender can change the state of metal to a liquid or a solid kind of like water bending we could make moves were u can bend liquid metal at your enemy like torrent in water bending. Or for say we could make moves for defense which include having liquid metal and changing the state of the metal into a solid forming a metal shield to protect you against your opponent.

Element: Earth
Sub-Element: Metal Bending

More Information: So in season 4 of The Legend of Korra in the final battle between Korra and Kuvira we see that Kuvira is bending liquid metal that kinda asks like water bending in a way along with this she can change the state of the metal to liquid or solid which gives your more options for your next move in a fight. I suggest at least three liquid metal bending moves.

Move 1: Metal Torrent.
Type: Offense Ability
Info: Basically this will act kind of like torrent in water bending but say you could change the state of the metal in mid-air and the opposing person will be hit with an Iron Block, or just keep it liquid and will deal damage. Maybe more damage with adding a charged more powerful version.

Move 2: Metal Shield.
Type: Defense Ability
Info: Basically you can change the state of the metal from liquid to solid and create a metal shield blocking any projectiles lets say FireBlast or AirBlast.

Move 3: Metal Redirection.
Type: Defensive and Offensive Ability
Info: Basically if someone throws Metal Torrent at you, you can use this move to block and then redirect the liquid metal bake at your opponent in a stream of liquid metal like Metal Torrent.
Kuvira used a special type of metal that stays liquid at room temperature, and this was only shown all of two times in the series over literal decades. Both of the metals were shown to have incredibly special properties and were rare, shown by 2 main characters.

Not to mention that this is just copying moves, and that earth doesn't move fluidly enough to use these moves. Even when Kuvira used the liquid metal it was in single movements, she was simply swift and precise with them. We're talking about someone precise enough to control a mech the size of a skyscraper with a dozen metal spheres.

Btw, your saying that this should be a thing when it was used by the person to create two separate sub elements, then kuvira who beat korra in a weakened state and equaled her in her healthy state.

Last edited:

SuperBower118

Verified Member
Kuvira used a special type of metal that stays liquid at room temperature, and this was only shown all of two times in the series over literal decades. Both of the metals were shown to have incredibly special properties and were rare, shown by 2 main characters.

Not to mention that this is just copying moves, and that earth doesn't move fluidly enough to use these moves. Even when Kuvira used the liquid metal it was in single movements, she was simply swift and precise with them. We're talking about someone precise enough to control a mech the size of a skyscraper with a dozen metal spheres.

Btw, your saying that this should be a thing when it was used by the person to create two separate sub elements, then kuvira who beat korra in a weakened state and equaled her in her healthy state.
Exactly. Having everyone bend liquid metal on Kuvirra's / Korra's level is like saying that firebenders should be able to bend blue fire on Azula's level, to the point where she can cut a building in half with one fire slice.

Moonelight

Verified Member
Just going to add this in: I do like the idea of Liquid Metal Bending, but I don't think it would be easy to portray in Minecraft. Especially with the resources wer're limited to. Though we could always use particles, I still don't think it'd fit the needs. I am a huge fan of the liquid-metal style of bending, I can't get enough of it. But if I ever want it to get done, I want it done correctly. Even if that means waiting for another Minecraft update, I'll do it.

It's best to just patiently wait for what you want to come, trust me.

Status
Not open for further replies.