• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Lightning Change

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Hello people!

I was just using lightning and I thought it could use a change :p So here are my ideas!

1. When lightning is charged, the particles would appear at your hands instead of in front of you.

2. There should be a config option for lightning particles, I personally liked the old ones :p (MAGIC_CRIT)

3. When you are charging lightning, you would be able to speed up the process by left clicking up to a configurable amount of time. Everytime you click, the charge time would decrease by a configurable amount of seconds. This came to my mind after looking at some GIFs, where the lightning benders make big movements with their upper body and arms:

Hope you like it! Leave suggestions in the comments! :)

- Finn

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
How would you see the particles at your hands? Screen is only so big.

Unless you have a screen setup like @jedk1

Hero

Verified Member
Fire in general needs some charge particles. It's extremely annoying how charging moves look the same until they release it...

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
? ik my screens are huge and all... but are you telling me you never see your hand ingame? o_O
You see your hand, but players see your hands different than you do. The hand positions are different, so if you put it where you see your hand, other players will just see particles in front of your body. And vice versa, players would see particles at your hand, you wouldn't see the particles

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
You see your hand, but players see your hands different than you do. The hand positions are different, so if you put it where you see your hand, other players will just see particles in front of your body. And vice versa, players would see particles at your hand, you wouldn't see the particles
Just quickly look down, not much of a deal. :p

jedk1

If you take a look at the ParticleEffect class, you can define what players see what particles
So:
Display particles at hand location for player
Display particles at model hand for everyone else

Hero

Verified Member
If you take a look at the ParticleEffect class, you can define what players see what particles
So:
.....wow.....you look smart

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
So:
Oh....

greengabe22

Verified Member
I think this is a great idea! but on some servers lightning is only about 1 or 2 seconds charge so this may create a insta shot xD, Also metalhook shoots from the right hand and you can see those particles, so you would bwe able to see it as long as it's not too low down

paliate

Verified Member
I think it's not really needed. The realism is appreciated ( @Gahshunk ;) ) but I don't really see the need to edit the move for mostly aesthetics.
The old lightning is gone but I'm sure you can make one pretty easily considering your an addon dev.

As far as the speeding up the cooldown, It wouldn't really make much sense. It's there for a reason, To balance it out and I think if you were to change that fire would become unbalanced.

Status
Not open for further replies.