• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Complete Join Message Edits and Ideas

ndude5

Verified Member
As for shortening, I think [PK] could suffice. Perhaps you could optionally allow some of the more frequent messages to use the "shortened" prefix.
I like this idea; I think that having the message upon joining will be enough to tell them what it is, and if the user misses the join message, they could simply ask someone what PK stands for and the devs will still get credit. I just feel like having ProjectKorra in front of every message from the plugin might be too spammy (is that a word?). Like, when a player first joins the server, and they have to use /b d and /b h for each ability they want to use and then also bind abilities (which will be another 9 commands), the extra letters will build up and their chat will be super full with it. I think [PK] or just PK without the brackets would be cool.

I've also seen servers set it where when users hover over a word in chat, it shows them more text (like when you hover over an item in a GUI, it shows you the name). Maybe there you could incorporate a more detailed description of the plugin (including its full name), so that the devs would still get more credit.

I also want to say that I'm definitely not against the developers getting credit, I just don't want a ton of spam in chat because of it. :)