• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Suggestion Instructions ChatColor

xNuminousx

Verified Member
This is an extremely minor issue, but as an add-on developer I find it a nuisance that the color if the getInstructions() or more specifically the "Usage:" part of it cannot be changed. I suggest that the color of the Usage be linked to the color of the branding in the language file.
Code:
  Branding:
    JoinMessage:
      Enabled: true
    AutoAnnouncer:
      Enabled: true
      Interval: 30
    Color: RED
    Borders:
      TopBorder: ''
      BottomBorder: ''
    ChatPrefix:
      Prefix: ''
      Suffix: ' '
I changed it to RED

Here's an example of what I mean:
Screen Shot 2017-10-03 at 3.21.24 PM.png

As you can see I'm going for a specific theme here and then there's the golden letters of Usage:. I did say this was minor, it's probably not a big deal to anyone. I haven't tried contributing to PK via GitHub before but I'll try to fix it myself and make the pull request; don't want to bother other devs about such a minor thing. BUT if i can't do it then we're back to the suggestion.

xNuminousx

Verified Member
Scratch where I said it should be put, I found in the language config where you can define the "Usage: " string, but it doesn't allow you to change it's color so.... I guess put it there. But it's pretty hidden away in the ocean of letters.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Change it to be "&r &<insert your color here>Usage:" or whatever, something like that.