• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Installing PK - FAQ and other information.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Hello dear people of the ProjectKorra community,

Recently (and honeslty since I joined) I've seen more and more people ask for help about setting up a server using ProjectKorra. From Java versions to permissions, all sorts of questions. I hope I can clear up a few things by creating this thread. This thread should contain some of the most asked questions about setting up your first things with ProjectKorra.

Permissions

I believe this is what most questions are about, so I'll start off with permissions.

Almost all permissions in ProjectKorra are enabled by default. This means that non OP players have access to what said permission grants access to without the permission. If you don't want that, you have to 'negate' the permissions. To do that, you add
-<permission node>
(without the diamond brackets of course)
to their user and/or group. Note the '-', which indicates you are negating the permission from the user and/or group.

The permissions included in ProjectKorra that are not enabled by default are in this spoiler
bending.admin
bending.ability.bloodbending
bending.water.bloodbending
bending.ability.flight
(These permissions aren't all, but certainly the ones you would use the most. For further reference, go to this link. All permissions are listed there with their children.)

Now, how do you know what permissions if for what? Each ability has it's own permissions. They all look like this.
bending.ability.<abilityName>
(Again, without the diamond brackets)
But some abilities are abilities that have a sub element. In this case you need access to their respective sub element as well. All sub element permissions look like this
bending.<original element>.<sub element>
(no diamond brackets. For example, bending.earth.lavabending)
To give access to a full element, you can use
bending.<element>
Now you know this, you have a basic knowledge about how to use PK's permissions. I won't be explaining to you how to use a permission plugin, there are plenty of tutorials for that elsewhere.

Versions

I've seen quite some confussion about this topic in the shoutbox as well.
First off, the versions numbers on the beta build's title stands for the PK version, not the MC version.

Although it is understandable that people download the stable build of PK, most other downloads you can download from here are built using a beta build. It is recommended that you download a beta build if you want to make use of things such as JedCore, ProCore, BendingBoard, and other addons.

Installing addons

This could have gone with the 'version' section but I'm putting it as a seperate section so I can give a good tutorial on how to install addons.

If you go into the ProjectKorra folder (which can be found in the plugins folder) you'll find 4 folders and 2 files. The folders are named 'Logs', 'Abilities', 'Combos' and 'MultiAbilities'. The 2 files are named deathmessages.yml and config.yml. Ignore the files and Logs folder, they are not important for now.

Let's continue. If you want to install an addon (which is an ability, combo or multi ability made by a forum member) you first gotta download one from the download section. First, make sure you've fully read the addon's overview page. Here you can find if an addon is a regular ability, a combo or a multi ability. If there's anything else that's important, it is also written on there, so again, make sure you've read it 100%! After that, you may download the addon. Then go to your downloads (or wherever the file is saved) and cut it. Now go to your ProjectKorra folder. If the ability is a regular ability, put it in the abilities folder. Is it a combo? Put it in the combos folder. And you can guess it already, is it a multi ability? Put it in the multiabilities folder! Then either restart your server, reload it (not recommended if it isn't a simple test server) or reload PK with /bending reload (I've personally had some conflicts with this command, I recommend restarting).

HOWEVER, there also are custom plugins uploaded on here! If it's a custom plugin (such as JedCore, ProCore, ProjectKorraMobs, BendingMenu, etc) then it should go in the 'plugins' folder!

If the addons hasn't loaded, then follow these steps:
  • Check your console:
    • Does it say the addon is outdated?
      • Yes: Remove it.
      • No: Continue these steps.
    • Does it say it is in the wrong folder?
      • Yes: Put it in the right one
      • No: Continue these steps.
    • Is there an error shown?
      • Yes: Report it to the developer of the addon, including a debug.txt file (see next section) and the error that showed up in the console)
      • No: Ask for help.

Debug.txt

I'll keep this short. When making bug reports (on things not working) and reporting addons not working, include a debug.txt. Run the command /bending debug, and the debug.txt will be created in the ProjectKorra folder.

Reporting bugs

I'll keep this short as well. If you want to report a bug in an addon, do so on the addon's thread, not in the bug report section. The bug report section is meant for bugs in PK plugins, not in addons.

I think I got pretty much everything covered now. If you still have questions (PK related of course), post them below.
This should help you getting started doing this yourself, not giving you the exact files and other things to do a specific thing. I hope this helped you and if it did, showing appreciation is always welcome. ;)

- Finn

Egbert

Verified Member
Help me please, i have a minecraft server and i want to give them perms for only adding the water elements. But if i give them the perms bending.command.add.water it doesn't work. any options

Egbert

Verified Member
yes but i want them to only have to elements, and if the change the other element wont go away. With /b choose your bending will reset

Egbert

Verified Member
no one? pls i really need it
is there any way you can a player acces to two elements and make them able to change those two?

StrangeOne101

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
@Egbert Do you have the bending.water permission as well? If you don't have permission to use water, you won't be able to add it.

Also make sure you have bending.command.add and not just bending.command.add.water (you can also negate all other add permissions as well with -bending.command.add.* , just make sure you give them bending.command.add.water first)