• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied Ice Wall

Status
Not open for further replies.

CookieDancer1590

I would like a move that is just like raiseearth, but for waterbenders. to use, click on a water source, then tap shift. this will create an ice wall that will last for about 5 seconds. It can NOT be bottlebent.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Surge does this but better. But I get where you are coming from and kinda like the idea.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
It is a logical suggestion in itself and should not be denied on the fact that it has been suggested before and was denied.

Gahshunk

Verified Member
I wouldn't be opposed to it as a combo or attachment for ice some but otherwise, surge does a better job of blocking incoming attacks

xD Cel Dx

Verified Member
http://projectkorra.com/forum/threads/icespike-rework.1857/

Deny this thread, we already have 20+ with the exact same idea.
would have thought because there are multiple threads on the subject they'd want to addd it. in all fairness surge and icewall are 2 different things, ice wall is static untill the bender starts moving away from it whereas surge would be moveable when do you see a waterbender use surge in this manor in the toons? dont think ive seen it but i have however seen a icewall being made in last airbender by katara at the northern water tribe while fighting zuko :) awesome suggestion hope it gets made :D

xD Cel Dx

Verified Member
water needs more moves!!!! why are people so aposed to new water moves..... u guys must have had a bad ass encounters with waterbenders because it seems every single water move thats suggested either gets denied or "looked at" and ik u guys are busy but isnt there more than 1 developer with different jobs? maybe someone should focus on water, you have an amazing earth coder that makes awesome lava moves why not leave tha how it is and have an amazing water coder that makes amazing water moves? same with air, chi and fire at the moment water really needs new moves so far there are 26 working earth moves, but only 13 stable working water moves, 14 stable air moves, 12 fire moves and 11 chi moves? think chi is being developed by mist, jedk could totaly make amazing air and/or fire moves for you guys this is areally simple waterbending move that HAS been seen and could be coded with ease by the looks of things. how do you know this will make a bad move? have you already coded it and added it into your server? theres only one way to find out.

brad

Verified Member
water needs more moves!!!! why are people so aposed to new water moves..... u guys must have had a bad ass encounters with waterbenders because it seems every single water move thats suggested either gets denied or "looked at" and ik u guys are busy but isnt there more than 1 developer with different jobs? maybe someone should focus on water, you have an amazing earth coder that makes awesome lava moves why not leave tha how it is and have an amazing water coder that makes amazing water moves? same with air, chi and fire at the moment water really needs new moves so far there are 26 working earth moves, but only 13 stable working water moves, 14 stable air moves, 12 fire moves and 11 chi moves? think chi is being developed by mist, jedk could totaly make amazing air and/or fire moves for you guys this is areally simple waterbending move that HAS been seen and could be coded with ease by the looks of things. how do you know this will make a bad move? have you already coded it and added it into your server? theres only one way to find out.
ikr!

owlcool

Verified Member
Those are community moves. Meaning they are not meant to go hand in hand with the plugin. Do I need to disprove more of your posts? Pretty much every post is either being looked into or denied. It is not just water. And it is going to be unbalanced quickly if we assign community coders to only make moves for one element, making them focus on a element they don't like, etc. If you don't want earth to be overpowered, Don't. Install. Community. Moves. I could make a op no cooldown firebending move that is a one hit kill, and if you installed it then it would be YOUR fault. Don't blame the community for not making tons of water moves. The biggest thing is waterarms, and that most likely is not even possible. This post has been suggested multiple times, and it is useless compared to surge, and it would unbalance bending if it was a clone of raiseearth, as it would give earth's biggest move to waterbenders. We rarely saw singular waterbenders making giant walls of ice. That could be easily replicated by multiple waterbenders using surge. Actually suggest some good moves that won't unbalance the plugin BEFORE complaining how waterbending is not getting any moves.

xD Cel Dx

Verified Member
Those are community moves. Meaning they are not meant to go hand in hand with the plugin. Do I need to disprove more of your posts? Pretty much every post is either being looked into or denied. It is not just water. And it is going to be unbalanced quickly if we assign community coders to only make moves for one element, making them focus on a element they don't like, etc. If you don't want earth to be overpowered, Don't. Install. Community. Moves. I could make a op no cooldown firebending move that is a one hit kill, and if you installed it then it would be YOUR fault. Don't blame the community for not making tons of water moves. The biggest thing is waterarms, and that most likely is not even possible. This post has been suggested multiple times, and it is useless compared to surge, and it would unbalance bending if it was a clone of raiseearth, as it would give earth's biggest move to waterbenders. We rarely saw singular waterbenders making giant walls of ice. That could be easily replicated by multiple waterbenders using surge. Actually suggest some good moves that won't unbalance the plugin BEFORE complaining how waterbending is not getting any moves.
if ur not going to give me some nice or decent feedback can you not comment on my posts at all or even better just ignore me XD i already know what you've said and its bullshit that waterarms is impossible if that was true we wouldnt be able to use half of the other moves. at the end of the day we dont have 2 arms to use but does that mean that you have to use both of your arms for a move? idc if waterarms is made anymore lol i already have it just to put the cherry on the cake its a combination of surge waterspout, phasechange and octopus form :/ just need to add left and right click combos and it'll be ready :p and as for "good moves that won't unbalance the plugin BEFORE complaining how waterbending is not getting any moves" there are 0 moves that will bring balance either way they're "op" the download section is there to be used i know thats a community based project or whatever you want to call it BUT the fact still remains that its part of pk and for people who do like extra fancey moves and downloads its good lol all im asking is that theres a little bit of order/structure involved pls stop pretty flaming much every post u see with my name on it. i know its not just water its every element but water has been the least developed they've been working their asses off to fix all the bugs and stuff but i think its time for a bit of change?
also, to prove a point i didnt once say anything about the projectkorra core being unbalanced i said moves are, go to the suggestion section look throught the moves and check which ones have been made and which ones are pending, tell me if you spot the pattern :). pretty sure if a "selfish idiot" such as myself could spot it, you could...
Thanks
CaptainSnickerz

Last edited:

xD Cel Dx

Verified Member
and fyi earth already has atleast one move thats pretty much the same as water manipulation. i didnt say a huge wall of ice. if you actualy research bending and the styles you'll see that all moves are just developments from other basic moves (meaning they take say earthblast, then add a bit more earth and voila you get earthsmash, lightning redirection was learnt from waterbenders, even toph developed her own move from studying the badgermoles saying tht even ive made 4 different moves from watermanip and 5 different moves from surge (other than the already existing ones) withot changing a thing you just have to simplyfy and spot what you've simplfied #maths
do you even bend?

surge isnt fast enough you have to remember there are over 4 different types of waterbenders (plantbenders,swampbenders, icebenders, waterbenders and bloodbenders) and so far we have 2 (water and ice and 1 bloodbending move) on top of that there are other elemental benders that show an even bigger threat

Last edited:

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I still think about waterarms being made sometimes. I think, it WOULD be possible, but it would unbalance the plugin. It would be too much work for a community move, so I don't think it's going to happen.

owlcool

Verified Member
if ur not going to give me some nice or decent feedback can you not comment on my posts at all or even better just ignore me XD i already know what you've said and its bullshit that waterarms is impossible if that was true we wouldnt be able to use half of the other moves. at the end of the day we dont have 2 arms to use but does that mean that you have to use both of your arms for a move? idc if waterarms is made anymore lol i already have it just to put the cherry on the cake its a combination of surge waterspout, phasechange and octopus form :/ just need to add left and right click combos and it'll be ready :p and as for "good moves that won't unbalance the plugin BEFORE complaining how waterbending is not getting any moves" there are 0 moves that will bring balance either way they're "op" the download section is there to be used i know thats a community based project or whatever you want to call it BUT the fact still remains that its part of pk and for people who do like extra fancey moves and downloads its good lol all im asking is that theres a little bit of order/structure involved pls stop pretty flaming much every post u see with my name on it. i know its not just water its every element but water has been the least developed they've been working their asses off to fix all the bugs and stuff but i think its time for a bit of change?
also, to prove a point i didnt once say anything about the projectkorra core being unbalanced i said moves are, go to the suggestion section look throught the moves and check which ones have been made and which ones are pending, tell me if you spot the pattern :). pretty sure if a "selfish idiot" such as myself could spot it, you could...
Thanks
CaptainSnickerz
The thing is, the move earthblast is not, "Exactly the same as watermanipulation." It does more damage, you can only use 2 at a time, and is slower then watermanipulation. My point is, You forget that the coders are taking THEIR free time, doing free work, and you are complaining that they aren't working in the right area's. That is like complaining that a ALS charity is not working towards cancer research. The coders code what elements they want to code, they code what they want to code, and they are making completely optional abilities, that at the end, the Server Owner has to download and install. You are complaining about a free service. Basically you are complaining that you don't want pickles on a burger when the burger is free.
Bloodbending actually has 2 moves. There is the op bloodbending move and a move that removes your element, at least there was a while ago. Lightning redirection was not learned from waterbenders, it was learned by Iroh studying the element itself. The flow, the redirection of the element. Earthsmash is comparable to surge, in both speed and width. So what do we have left? Plantbending? We can already take water from plants, and if you are complaining about nobody coding plantbending moves then why don't you code some? Before you "call bullshit" on a process the works and out yourself as the one guy that thinks that the plugin is geared against waterbenders, then maybe you should take a step back.

Edit: And it is not like all the moves are based off of other moves. You wouldn't say walloffire is a copy of raiseearth, right? Or that airblast is a copy of fireblast, right? If you are going to think that way, go ahead. Everyone is entitled to their opinions. Just be aware you are wrong.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.