• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

How weird would Bending be if it were to be in VR mode?

Pride

Verified Member
Weird? No, you're weird. Bending on VR would be dope.

Just imagine. Here's an example:
When I meant weird, I meant as... Weird aesthetics, movements. XD
And that vid looks hella lit. But I meant VR as in... actual. Virtual. Reality. ;)

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Oh you mean those googles without controls. I remember there was made a thread a while back years ago with a similar idea - xbox kinect (#1 and a little bit off-topic, but we have discussed regarding virtual reality before in the past (#2, #3).

Sorry that I went on unrelated note, but I though you would like to hear some insight. Like you said in the title, it would be totally weird. In a bad connotation that is. Things that require the player to use their body instead of a controller/tool would fail to succeed. And the reasons is from the video I watch that gave a nice insight as to why would that happen.

TL;DW HTC VIVE would be better than those that don't have tools (like Xbox kinect for example). You don't get immersive much into the game If you were woggling your limbs around than playing with a control, but it becomes more like a chore and hassle because you don't feel like in your in game anymore.

Last edited:

Pride

Verified Member
Oh you mean those googles without controls. I remember there was made a thread a while back years ago with a similar idea - xbox kinect (#1 and a little bit off-topic, but we have discussed regarding virtual reality before in the past (#2, #3).

Sorry that I went on unrelated note, but I though you would like to hear some insight. Like you said in the title, it would be totally weird. In a bad connotation that is. Things that require the player to use their body instead of a controller/tool would fail to succeed. And the reasons is from the video I watch that gave a nice insight as to why would that happen.

TL;DW HTC VIVE would be better than those that don't have tools (like Xbox kinect for example). You don't get immersive much into the game If you were woggling your limbs around than playing with a control, but it becomes more like a chore and hassle because you don't feel like in your in game anymore.
1.) Lmao, I didn't, I meant the real thing that everybody's been dreaming for. But not going to be released in like, 3-5+ years. :(
2.) It's fine, lmao. And yeah, I'd like some insight on this.
3.) (Nice video), yeah, it would be better without those tools. Like, make it strapped to your hand or whatever to be able to feel the real deal with your own muscles and limbs. Hyped for SAO VVR tho, lmao. (VVR, very virtual reaility, so you don't mix it up with the lame Oculus Rift)

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
3.) (Nice video), yeah, it would be better without those tools. Like, make it strapped to your hand or whatever to be able to feel the real deal with your own muscles and limbs. Hyped for SAO VVR tho, lmao. (VVR, very virtual reaility, so you don't mix it up with the lame Oculus Rift)
The Developers would really have to work on the game to trigger the kinesthetic state for the players to enjoy it. They would also have to make the respective martial arts that represent the corresponding bending art fun. The Player would really have to be immersive in the game to feel the upcoming attack approaching them, which again 'immersivion' brings back to the issue of there being no real controller to simulate the feel that you're actually in the game, bending as if irl.