• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Looking Into Flute

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Haii ppl!

This is a suggestion for an item. I know most items should be in the RPG plugin, but this one fits the spirit plugin I guess. So, we all know when Bummy played music as his last hope against a spirit. What I suggest is you can craft a flute. This is the crafting pattern:
X I X X = Iron
O I O O = Emerald
X I X I = Stick
When you crafted it, you can right click it. Your xp bar(or scoreboard) will tell you what slot to select to play the right sound! When you played the 9 right sounds. The target spirit will have a 80% chance of changing to a light spirit. When you played 8 right sounds, it has 60% chance of changing, 7 sounds = 40%, 6 sounds = 20% and 1-5 = 0%. When you play the flute when you aren't targeting a spirit, something else happens:
When you played 9 right sounds, the flute will keep on playing, as long as you have it in your hand (represents you playing it). Animals would follow it, and creepers and spiders won't attack you. When you are playing the right sound, a sweet note block sound will be played. When you play the wrong sound, a high and annoying note block sound will be played.
The durability would be configurable. It would be 30 by default?

That's it for now! Lemme know what you think :)

- Finn

Last edited:

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Pls give some feedback guys:) There aren;'t many post in the Spirit section. This one could be the first discussed one :D :p

Gamzee

God Tier Member
You said you have to keep the item in your hand, but switching slots to 'play' the flute would cancel it right?

Also, I could see this being unfair against people who like being a dark spirit. They shouldn't be forced to change their type, and clear their binds making then extremely vulnerable to attack.

Kwesi

You said you have to keep the item in your hand, but switching slots to 'play' the flute would cancel it right?

Also, I could see this being unfair against people who like being a dark spirit. They shouldn't be forced to change their type, and clear their binds making then extremely vulnerable to attack.
Perhaps it could take considerably longer to convert players.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer

You only have to chance slots while playing. When you've done that(and never targeted a spirit) the music will keep on playing as long as you have the flute in your hand.

djmyernos

Sounds cool! I agree with others about turning players into dark spirits. It depends how long it takes for all the notes to be played. If it takes a longish time, the player would simply be able to move away before it's complete. Plus, we don't really know how the whole Light and Dark Spirit stuff will work? Maybe you can change what type of spirit you are once you die. That way, if someone likes to be a Dark Spirit and they are turned into a Light Spirit, once they die they can go back to being a Dark Spirit. Just a thought. But overall I love the idea.

Very creative control system you have thought of for the flute! This would make it feel like that playing this instrument requires to have a skill to perfect this seductive hypnosis than just making it look like all it requires to play one note (right click or whatever).

I do have 1 question, what will this item will look like?

You only have to chance slots while playing. When you've done that(and never targeted a spirit) the music will keep on playing as long as you have the flute in your hand.
Here's my thought of how this could be set up:
Right Clicking will clear (temporary) the user's inventory, and the flute itself will follow the slot you are selecting, making it look like to others that you still are holding the instrument while playing those sounds. When the durability ends, item gets removed or right clicking again will return your inventory with the last items you held in after using the item and the tool would stop switching through hot bar slots.

Janny

Haii ppl!

This is a suggestion for an item. I know most items should be in the RPG plugin, but this one fits the spirit plugin I guess. So, we all know when Bummy played music as his last hope against a spirit. What I suggest is you can craft a flute. This is the crafting pattern:
X I X X = Iron
O I O O = Emerald
X I X I = Stick
When you crafted it, you can right click it. Your xp bar(or scoreboard) will tell you what slot to select to play the right sound! When you played the 9 right sounds. The target spirit will have a 80% chance of changing to a light spirit. When you played 8 right sounds, it has 60% chance of changing, 7 sounds = 40%, 6 sounds = 20% and 1-5 = 0%. When you play the flute when you aren't targeting a spirit, something else happens:
When you played 9 right sounds, the flute will keep on playing, as long as you have it in your hand (represents you playing it). Animals would follow it, and creepers and spiders won't attack you. When you are playing the right sound, a sweet note block sound will be played. When you play the wrong sound, a high and annoying note block sound will be played.
The durability would be configurable. It would be 30 by default?

That's it for now! Lemme know what you think :)

- Finn
#OcarinaOfTime I love it.