• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

FireJet Speed Control

Status
Not open for further replies.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
I think firejet needs more control in terms of speed.

Basically, firejeters will be able to alter their speed while it mid-flight, increasing or decreasing it by changing slots. The FireJet slot will be the fastest speed (the number set in its config), scrolling from its right to left will reduce the speed one slot after another. The Particle intensity and quantity will shrink down as well with each scroll.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
I think so too. Logically speaking, wouldn't increasing/decreasing allow the bender to speed-up/slow-down the speed of their firejet? That's what my mind has to say.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Because charging moves on firejet involve changing slots.
You will still be allowed to use charging moves while changing speed.

Also, recalling the protest you gave in that "FireJet Nerf", I think this feature should have a [disa/en]able config option, because I know there will be people who would complain/dislike the idea of their firebenders forcefully having to change their speed when they want to charge an ability while on their jets.

SuperBower118

Verified Member
You will still be allowed to use charging moves while changing speed.

Also, recalling the protest you gave in that "FireJet Nerf", I think this feature should have a [disa/en]able config option, because I know there will be people who would complain/dislike the idea of their firebenders forcefully having to change their speed when they want to charge an ability while on their jets.
I expect you to be able to charge your moves and all, but when I'm going from let's say at Speed 3 to Speed 7, for example, it's gonna be kinda awkward and wonky.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Because of that issue (that some people will see as that), owners could disable this feature if they have charging enable (- future possibility if the firejet nerf becomes a thing).

Loony

Verified Member
More control for FireJet? Looking into - or is it in development? Hehehe ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

SuperBower118

Verified Member
I hope if this is added, firebending better receive some sort of rework to compensate for firejet being wonky. If not, then this would be better off turned off by default in the config.

SuperBower118

Verified Member
All I want is for people to stop hating on firebending and stop messing with firejet. Messing with firebending is already a risky business, and people wanting to nerf firejet need to take the view from a firebender's perspective.

Though fireblast charged's radius getting fixed would be nice too.

SuperBower118

Verified Member
Holding shift while firejetting could cancel out speed change while scrolling. How about that?
That still interferes with things such as if you want to firejet, and then walloffire, or if you want to do a FireCombo while firejetting. Also, not everyone is going to have a 1 second reaction time, and some people might not be fast enough to stop the speed change.

What would work is if you hold shift ON your firejet slot, and while you're holding shift, you can change speeds by scrolling through your slots / number slots. Personally, I don't think this is that needed, it doesn't really cantor to what fire really needs, and it's just an optional addition.

Status
Not open for further replies.