• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Firebending Rework

Status
Not open for further replies.

owlcool

Verified Member
1. Fireblast needs to be changed up to be quicker, firebending has been shown many many many times to be faster then it is in the plugin. So here is my proposal to change that, fireblast click would make a small fireball that would do 1/2-2 hearts damage(You guys down in comments say what should be acceptable), and that you can use 3 of those fireballs at a time, either no burn damage or each fireball can only light the target on fire for half a second. If you shift click on the fireblast slot, a normal fireblast travels that does the normal damage of fireblast and does normal burn time. If you charge fireblast, and release shift, then a charged fireblast appears. If you charge fireblast and click, then a short stream of fire will emerge, maybe like torrent.

2. Firejet is just too dang powerful. So to balance it, how about this? You can't stop whenever you want to by clicking on the fireblast slot, only by hitting the ground. If you click with firejet, it only does about half the normal power of firejet it would do now. A combo would be added that makes firejet the normal range, by shifting on fireshield first and then clicking firejet while shifting.

3. Firejet click should last forever in sozin's comet, but it would be as slow as firejet click in number 2, and that would be half the speed of the regular firejet.

4. In Sozin's comet, maybe we could add a event that would look like a orange ball of fire over the players head, only visible to the player(Like seismicsense), and won't actually last for as long as sozin's comet.

5. Some towny configurations that allow you to just click on a furnace and it cooking your food or ore, even if you can't bend in that area.

Last edited:

Chickenemerald

Verified Member
How would fire kick work with the shift click fireblast or would it be the same, I adore the idea,and mabey the fireball for fireblast could shoot out a firecharge covered in fire particles shaped like a ball so it looks like it from the show,the heatcontrol thing is great and realistic, full support

Pickle9775

Staff member
Head Moderator
Verified Member
1. I agree with, but you can change this in the config
2. I think it's fine, being able to stop it when you want to, but regardless of the distance traveled the cool down stays the same which I think is fair
3. I don't quite understand what 3 is
4. I don't quite understand what this is either, is it supposed to be like illumination?
5. I feel like that would be a little too OP considering how minerals like that are considered Earthbender territory, and while yes we have seen firebender's destroy chains, keep in mind both of them were Avatars. Also, you already can do this. You put the ore in a furnace, fireblast, at the furnace and bam! it cooks.

owlcool

Verified Member
1. I agree with, but you can change this in the config
2. I think it's fine, being able to stop it when you want to, but regardless of the distance traveled the cool down stays the same which I think is fair
3. I don't quite understand what 3 is
4. I don't quite understand what this is either, is it supposed to be like illumination?
5. I feel like that would be a little too OP considering how minerals like that are considered Earthbender territory, and while yes we have seen firebender's destroy chains, keep in mind both of them were Avatars. Also, you already can do this. You put the ore in a furnace, fireblast, at the furnace and bam! it cooks.
4. Would basically be a cool little event signaling that sozin's comet has come and actually representing the comet.

jedk1

1. Fireblast needs to be changed up to be quicker
theres a config option to make it faster
that would do 1/2-2 hearts damage
theres a config option to make it weaker/stronger
2. Firejet is just too dang powerful.
theres a config option to change speed etc if you want to nerf it
A combo would be added that makes firejet the normal range, by shifting on fireshield first and then clicking firejet while shifting.
you mean like that combo that already exists that i cant remember the name of right now?
3. Firejet click should last forever in sozin's comet, but it would be as slow as firejet click in number 1, and that would be half the speed of the regular firejet.
this line makes no sense
4. In Sozin's comet, maybe we could add a event that would look like a orange ball of fire over the players head,
or you know, just display the message for people telling them its on... and given you were complaining about rain causing lag, you now want to introduce a bunch of particles above a players head? you confuse me.
with gold being the most easily burnt
a quick google search just revealed that to burn gold you would require extremely hot temperatures, probably way way higher than any normal firebender could produce.
ever heard of those diamond tip drills that can get extremely hot?
you are mistaking industrial diamonds for diamonds used in jewellery. industrial diamonds are designed to be a lot more durable.

So mr "I know everything and I am always right" owlcool, please, for the sake of the community and your own self, research these things. get more background. check if it exists, check if its possible. It takes a lot of time to have to de construct one of your comments just to tell you how many things are already there

owlcool

Verified Member
theres a config option to make it faster

theres a config option to make it weaker/stronger

theres a config option to change speed etc if you want to nerf it

you mean like that combo that already exists that i cant remember the name of right now?

this line makes no sense

or you know, just display the message for people telling them its on... and given you were complaining about rain causing lag, you now want to introduce a bunch of particles above a players head? you confuse me.

a quick google search just revealed that to burn gold you would require extremely hot temperatures, probably way way higher than any normal firebender could produce.

you are mistaking industrial diamonds for diamonds used in jewellery. industrial diamonds are designed to be a lot more durable.

So mr "I know everything and I am always right" owlcool, please, for the sake of the community and your own self, research these things. get more background. check if it exists, check if its possible. It takes a lot of time to have to de construct one of your comments just to tell you how many things are already there
1. Even then you can only use one fireblast at once. .-. The point of this is to bring the plugin closer to the show, not make it possible to be made like the show.
2. Even then it is annoying, firejet needs to stop being the excuse of people saying that Firebending isn't underpowered.
4. The normal click firejet would become half the speed as it is now, this click fireblast during sozin's comet would last forever, but the speed of it wouldn't increase.
5. Compared to? All the minerals have the same burning speed in minecraft, let's Try and make it Somewhat closer to real life. I doubt gold burns less quickly then diamond, and gold being the heavy butter like mineral it is with it being so malleable it seems believe able to think that it burns faster then iron. If you want to be helpful simply put in what order they should be melted.

jedk1

1. Even then you can only use one fireblast at once. .-. The point of this is to bring the plugin closer to the show, not make it possible to be made like the show.
Yes cos more spam is definitely what we all want.
2. Even then it is annoying, firejet needs to stop being the excuse of people saying that Firebending isn't underpowered.
not if you nerf it enough.
4. The normal click firejet would become half the speed as it is now, this click fireblast during sozin's comet would last forever, but the speed of it wouldn't increase.
just turn down the speed of it in the config. the sozins comet feature should be suggested in the rpg section of the forums.
5. Compared to? All the minerals have the same burning speed in minecraft, let's Try and make it Somewhat closer to real life. I doubt gold burns less quickly then diamond, and gold being the heavy butter like mineral it is with it being so malleable it seems believe able to think that it burns faster then iron. If you want to be helpful simply put in what order they should be melted.
why would you be heat controlling diamonds anyway? plus burning metals would still require an extreme amount of heat, that tbh, i doubt a firebender could achieve on the fly. unless you are confusing burning with melting?

owlcool

Verified Member
Yes cos more spam is definitely what we all want.

not if you nerf it enough.

just turn down the speed of it in the config. the sozins comet feature should be suggested in the rpg section of the forums.

why would you be heat controlling diamonds anyway? plus burning metals would still require an extreme amount of heat, that tbh, i doubt a firebender could achieve on the fly. unless you are confusing burning with melting?
1. It is simply what it is like in the series, if you could show a single event a waterbender used more then one watermanipulation in a row then watermanipulation could finally be realistic, when in the show firebenders were aggressive attackers with lots of spam. In most Firebending fights firebenders use at least 3 fireblast at once, simply look up the fight between Zhao and Aang on YouTube, Zhao used like 4 giant fireblasts at once, or look up Zuko and Azula vs Aang and Katara, Zuko used 5 fireballs at once and most likely would have continued doing so if he was not damaged while doing so.
2. The plugin community won't recognize that being configured, they would simply say, Why not change it back? Because it is unrealistic that is why.
4. I don't think a rework of a element should go in the RPG forums since it said once Sozin's comet.
5. You would be heat controlling diamond ore, not diamonds. Besides, What's da difference between burning and melting? xD

jedk1

1. It is simply what it is like in the series, if you could show a single event a waterbender used more then one watermanipulation in a row then watermanipulation could finally be realistic, when in the show firebenders were aggressive attackers with lots of spam. In most Firebending fights firebenders use at least 3 fireblast at once, simply look up the fight between Zhao and Aang on YouTube, Zhao used like 4 giant fireblasts at once, or look up Zuko and Azula vs Aang and Katara, Zuko used 5 fireballs at once and most likely would have continued doing so if he was not damaged while doing so.
okay so what you are saying is you are assuming every single fire bender is the same skill as zhao or zuko or azula. Also. just set the cooldown of fireblast to 0. there. you can shoot as many as you like.
2. The plugin community won't recognize that being configured, they would simply say, Why not change it back? Because it is unrealistic that is why.
Then whats the point in having a config?
4. I don't think a rework of a element should go in the RPG forums since it said once Sozin's comet.
sozins comet is rpg not core.
5. You would be heat controlling diamond ore, not diamonds. Besides, What's da difference between burning and melting? xD
... ... ... ....

owlcool

Verified Member
okay so what you are saying is you are assuming every single fire bender is the same skill as zhao or zuko or azula. Also. just set the cooldown of fireblast to 0. there. you can shoot as many as you like.

Then whats the point in having a config?

sozins comet is rpg not core.

... ... ... ....
1. Compared to a bender that can lightning bend and combustion bend?

2. The point of a config is to change the plugin to fit around individual server's needs, some servers can support shockwave spam but others can't.

3. This would basically be equivalent to asking for a suggested move to have a certain effect during full moon. This would be added to mainly core.

jedk1

1. Compared to a bender that can lightning bend and combustion bend?
servers dont have to allow that, and from the few that ive been on, it appears that its the case with their setups. where benders only after a while gain new skills. Now, if this is the case, you are wanting normal low skill benders to have the same skill as a top skill bender. It doesnt work. A new move suggestion would be better.

2. The point of a config is to change the plugin to fit around individual server's needs, some servers can support shockwave spam but others can't.
Exactly, so the plugin can fit around a servers needs and/or wants/desires. So then with you saying that, why would you say
You just argued against your own point.
3. This would basically be equivalent to asking for a suggested move to have a certain effect during full moon. This would be added to mainly core.
sozins comet is rgp. rpg is rpg. core is not rpg.

Pickle9775

Staff member
Head Moderator
Verified Member
Besides, What's da difference between burning and melting? xD
Burning: To be on fire
Melting: A chemical change in which the bonds which hold the atoms of an object together into a liquid state.

The melting point of pure iron is: 2,800 degrees Fahrenheit
The melting point of common stone (usually granite or some variant): 2220-2300 degree Fahrenheit
The point at which the proteins that make up your skin break down and cause your skin to melt: 110 degrees Fahrenheit
The point at which human skin will literally burst into flames: ~1000 degrees Fahrenheit

I can TOTALLY see people doing this and not being killed. And before you say FIREBENDERS ARE IMMUNE TO FIRE

Tell it to Zuko

owlcool

Verified Member
servers dont have to allow that, and from the few that ive been on, it appears that its the case with their setups. where benders only after a while gain new skills. Now, if this is the case, you are wanting normal low skill benders to have the same skill as a top skill bender. It doesnt work. A new move suggestion would be better.

Exactly, so the plugin can fit around a servers needs and/or wants/desires. So then with you saying that, why would you say

You just argued against your own point.

sozins comet is rgp. rpg is rpg. core is not rpg.
Now if this was the case, It isn't actually skilled benders that use more then one fireblast, it is fire benders with any basic grasp of firebending. We aren't using the movie as a source, but it looks more like the firebending combat in the movie then anything else. Every main Firebender has used more then two fireblasts at once. And if you want to actually compare something, look at all the times Waterbenders used two watermanipulation at once, to all the fire benders using two fireblasts at once, then compare all the firebenders using two fireblasts at once in the plugin, to all the Waterbenders using four watermanipulation a from underwater. The truth is firebending in the plugin is nothing like it is in the show. A simulation that has firebenders combustion and lightning bend by default, but not use more then one fireblast at a time by default is all sorts of wrong. True, not every bender could lightning bend or combustion bend, but the firebender that were able to competently firebend at a decent level were able to. Let's look at all the firebender that were able to use multiple fire blasts at once.
1. Iroh.
2. Mako.
3. Zhao.
4. Zuko.
5. Korra.
6. Jeong Jeong.
7. Azula when she was like 12.
Now do you mind explaining to me the apparent "vast majority" of firebenders that can't use more then one fireball at once? Do you mind showing a waterbender waterbending multiple blasts at once? (Not icebending)
The statistics simple point that firebenders only being able to use one fireblast at once is completely wrong.

Firejet seems to be an instance in which fire can touch the Firebender and not catch on fire. The only instances in which fire benders burn themselves is when they are intending to do something different but are interupted, such as combustion man's chi paths or Pi Li aiming for a target that is far away but the metal inturrupting her shot. Fire benders are somewhat immune to their own flames.

Now then, let's review how this could help firebenders. Firebending's main move, fire blast, can only be shot one at a time. This would be fine, if it wasn't easily block able by waterbending earthbending and airbending's main attacks, in this case at long range fire blast is used for blocking attacks to get to close range, this would make firebending better at long range, and more like what it is in the show, balancing it with less damage from the small fireballs and the fireballs can't block moves like earth blast. You are opposed to this because firebending can be configured to represent the less powerful firebenders, in which case it still stays because it is part of actual firebending even though it is a somewhat powerful technique, because it is more balanced and cannon then watermanipulation. If you want fire benders to have the skill of 5 year olds in the show then I am sure you could config it to be like how it is now.

Last edited:

jedk1

Now if this was the case, It isn't actually skilled benders that use more then one fireblast, it is fire benders with any basic grasp of firebending. We aren't using the movie as a source, but it looks more like the firebending combat in the movie then anything else. Every main Firebender has used more then two fireblasts at once. And if you want to actually compare something, look at all the times Waterbenders used two watermanipulation at once, to all the fire benders using two fireblasts at once, then compare all the firebenders using two fireblasts at once in the plugin, to all the Waterbenders using four watermanipulation a from underwater. The truth is firebending in the plugin is nothing like it is in the show. A simulation that has firebenders combustion and lightning bend by default, but not use more then one fireblast at a time by default is all sorts of wrong. True, not every bender could lightning bend or combustion bend, but the firebender that were able to competently firebend at a decent level were able to. Let's look at all the firebender that were able to use multiple fire blasts at once.
1. Iroh.
2. Mako.
3. Zhao.
4. Zuko.
5. Korra.
6. Jeong Jeong.
7. Azula when she was like 12.
Now do you mind explaining to me the apparent "vast majority" of firebenders that can't use more then one fireball at once? Do you mind showing a waterbender waterbending multiple blasts at once? (Not icebending)
The statistics simple point that firebenders only being able to use one fireblast at once is completely wrong.

Firejet seems to be an instance in which fire can touch the Firebender and not catch on fire. The only instances in which fire benders burn themselves is when they are intending to do something different but are interupted, such as combustion man's chi paths or Pi Li aiming for a target that is far away but the metal inturrupting her shot. Fire benders are somewhat immune to their own flames.
Okay mr owl. Seeing as you are so enraged by the quality standards of firebending in the plugin, and seem to have so many issues with it, why dont YOU learn how to code? why dont YOU make all the changes you like to the code, then make a pull request on the github? I honestly dont see you making any effort to make moves yourself, cos tbh, if a server owner really wanted this, its probably easily done.

owlcool

Verified Member
Okay mr owl. Seeing as you are so enraged by the quality standards of firebending in the plugin, and seem to have so many issues with it, why dont YOU learn how to code? why dont YOU make all the changes you like to the code, then make a pull request on the github? I honestly dont see you making any effort to make moves yourself, cos tbh, if a server owner really wanted this, its probably easily done.
I am learning how to code btw, I just started this year. So sorry you can't tell if a stranger has been trying to learn to code from online. I just got past keywords, should I memorize those btw? And why aren't null, true and false considered keywords? And what is the big difference between editor and views? I guess that the editor is the thing at the center that actually changes the code, and the view is the thing to the left that changes what code thing you are editor(?) you are using or what code tab(?) you are changing, something like that. I am learning java coding from a Java Coding for dummies book(7th edition).

jedk1

I am learning how to code btw, I just started this year. So sorry you can't tell if a stranger has been trying to learn to code from online. I just got past keywords, should I memorize those btw? And why aren't null, true and false considered keywords? And what is the big difference between editor and views? I guess that the editor is the thing at the center that actually changes the code, and the view is the thing to the left that changes what code thing you are editor(?) you are using or what code tab(?) you are changing, something like that. I am learning java coding from a Java Coding for dummies book(7th edition).
tbh idk why they arent keywords, i never learned coding the conventional way of reading a book. I teach myself what I need to know so I can get that job done. If I don't know something then i google it.

owlcool

Verified Member
tbh idk why they arent keywords, i never learned coding the conventional way of reading a book. I teach myself what I need to know so I can get that job done. If I don't know something then i google it.
View and Editor?

Status
Not open for further replies.