• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Fixed FireBending issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elzoz

Verified Member
im using pk core 1.5 beta 13

and this is not really a bug but more of a thing need fixing, i found that if you use a fire ability like blaze or fireblast at certain blocks for example coal block or haybale , the fire have an ability to not go over it (with blaze) or stick to it (with fireblast) i think it is because it doesnt notice that it is an ignitable block and therefor goes around/dont ignite it :s

there are probebly a shit ton of more blocks that cant do this that i havent looked up yet but yeah...

what i want to happend instead is that it would go over it or ignite it!

if you want me to i could look up all the blocks if you just give me the signal :p or i could leave it, pick you poison :3

dNiym

Verified Member
If it helps your crusade:
Blaze will overwrite the following entities on the ground, meaning they go away and fire is left in their place.

Code:
Material[] overwriteable = { Material.SAPLING, Material.LONG_GRASS,
Material.DEAD_BUSH, Material.YELLOW_FLOWER, Material.RED_ROSE,
Material.BROWN_MUSHROOM, Material.RED_MUSHROOM, Material.FIRE,
Material.SNOW, Material.TORCH };
And these blocks will ignite meaning a fire is left burning on top of them.:

Code:
Material[] ignitable = {
Material.BEDROCK, Material.BOOKSHELF,
Material.BRICK, Material.CLAY, Material.CLAY_BRICK,
Material.COAL_ORE, Material.COBBLESTONE, Material.DIAMOND_ORE,
Material.DIAMOND_BLOCK, Material.DIRT, Material.ENDER_STONE,
Material.GLOWING_REDSTONE_ORE, Material.GOLD_BLOCK,
Material.GRAVEL, Material.GRASS, Material.HUGE_MUSHROOM_1,
Material.HUGE_MUSHROOM_2, Material.LAPIS_BLOCK,
Material.LAPIS_ORE, Material.LOG, Material.MOSSY_COBBLESTONE,
Material.MYCEL, Material.NETHER_BRICK, Material.NETHERRACK,
Material.OBSIDIAN, Material.REDSTONE_ORE, Material.SAND,
Material.SANDSTONE, Material.SMOOTH_BRICK, Material.STONE,
Material.SOUL_SAND, Material.SNOW_BLOCK, Material.WOOD,
Material.WOOL, Material.LEAVES
};
Fireblast also uses this exact same bit of code to decide what gets set on fire. If you want to add in all the things that should catch fire / burn up ill put it into a pull request and maybe the devs will include it. It's something that would help everyone out!

Elzoz

Verified Member
Devs i present you to this guy ^ XD

i cant code for shit but i kinda see how it works dNiym :p well i think this should be added, its kinda annoying when you want to do blaze and it just goes around it or doesnt happend at all :p but yeah :)

Elzoz

Verified Member
ive spent a good time using both blaze and fireblast on each and every block to see what happends and here is the result of the block's that i couldent bend on :p

No monster spawning blocks (cobblestone, stonebrick and so on..)
No glass blocks, not normal or stained
No stained clay or harden, but normal tho.

melon
pumpkin (both not glowing and glowing)
noteblock
glowstone
ironblock (BUT it do work to bend on goldblocks...weird)
dispenser
iron ore and gold ore
sponge...but..ummm...just putting it out there, not to shure if it would be good to add but..the more you know :D
coalblock
crafting table
piston....might not be a good idea aswell but yeah :p
furnace
bale of hay, its fricking immune?? Oo dude if they dont fix this im doing to build my home in hay and laugh at all the find benders while saying "YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE!" XD
redstonelamp
emerald ore
elemraldblock
redstoneblock
netherquartz ore...strangely :s
no type of quartzblock at all :s

well that was it? i hope you can make somthing good out of this :3

Elzoz

Verified Member
oh! um a thing they should REMOVE is to be able to bend on snow and also you cant bend on tnt, i dont know if it would be good if they could or just bad :s il leave that to you!

dNiym

Verified Member
Cool thx I'll
oh! um a thing they should REMOVE is to be able to bend on snow and also you cant bend on tnt, i dont know if it would be good if they could or just bad :s il leave that to you!
add most if not all these. We will have the same issue with the new 1.8 blocks.

As for TNT you can ignite it with fire blast not sure about blaze

Elzoz

Verified Member
yeah but can you really shoot fireblast on top of a tnt to set it on fire? ik if i shoot it on the side and its starts to spread to prime it :s but anyways, i could do it WHEN this plugin jumps to 1.8 but since thier arnt any stable legit bukkit 1.8 im doubting it will be soon? :s idk but i can help out if it comes to that aswell :p

dNiym

Verified Member
yeah but can you really shoot fireblast on top of a tnt to set it on fire? ik if i shoot it on the side and its starts to spread to prime it :s but anyways, i could do it WHEN this plugin jumps to 1.8 but since thier arnt any stable legit bukkit 1.8 im doubting it will be soon? :s idk but i can help out if it comes to that aswell :p

Well a Charged Fireblast will definitely do it, not 100% sure on the non charged version, although if it sets things on fire it probably will prime it.

dNiym

Verified Member
Okay, I've added all those blocks so a blaze on top of them will set them on fire. Now for the overwritables. These are items that blaze would remove and leave fire in their place. Are there any others that should be added?

Code:
Material[] overwriteable = { Material.SAPLING, Material.LONG_GRASS,
Material.DEAD_BUSH, Material.YELLOW_FLOWER, Material.RED_ROSE,
Material.BROWN_MUSHROOM, Material.RED_MUSHROOM, Material.FIRE,
Material.SNOW, Material.TORCH };
P.S. I commented out snow as I completely agree with you the moisture in snow should prevent fire entirely.

For Example:
Blaze won't overwrite / burn Cake, Cactus or Crops i'm sure theres quite a few other plantable / growing things that aren't included in the above list.

Status
Not open for further replies.