• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Suggestion Fire Sword

owlcool

Verified Member
Element: Fire
Item: A fire sword that increases the power of firebending 3 times as much in whatever slot it is in except heatcontrol and firejet. So a fireblast 3 times as powerful.
Crafting: Diamond sword with another diamond sword and a nether star, and a netherrack in any pattern in the crafting table.

paliate

Verified Member
I don't think that this is able to be done without making a mod since i don't believe that plugins can create items.
Feel free to prove me wrong.

David

Verified Member
I don't think that this is able to be done without making a mod since i don't believe that plugins can create items.
A plugin can create entirely new items, but they cannot create new textures

Element: Fire
Item: A fire sword that increases the power of firebending 3 times as much in whatever slot it is in except heatcontrol and firejet. So a fireblast 3 times as powerful.
Crafting: Diamond sword with another diamond sword and a nether star, and a netherrack in any pattern in the crafting table.
This seems silly but for some reason I kind of like it. Similar to Zuko's use of swords during his fight with the Earthbending police.

Also 3 times as powerful seems kind of drastic, it'd be nice if the power boost was configurable.

I think it should completely change the ability that it is in imo. Have the sword in Fire Blast slot, Fire Blast takes the shape of a crescent and is much faster.
Have it in Fire Shield, and it shows the animation of someone blocking with a sword, just with Fire Particles and it has the same effect as blocking with a sword.
Have it in Blaze and I think the Blaze should go farther, or in a straight line, or just give the sword Fire Aspect.
I don't know about wall of fire, but, anyways, you get the point where I'm going with this~

Hit_Manx

Verified Member
Maybe instead of crafting specific swords it could add temporary enchantments onto a normal sword such as fire aspect but there could be other enchantments made like the ones in custom enchants.

David

Verified Member
Maybe instead of crafting specific swords it could add temporary enchantments onto a normal sword such as fire aspect but there could be other enchantments made like the ones in custom enchants.
Yeah, I like that. And I think there should be a permission node though for players who can and can't use it.

owlcool

Verified Member
Tardis plugin? Sonic screwdriver? Grappling hook? http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/tardis/

This seems silly but for some reason I kind of like it. Similar to Zuko's use of swords during his fight with the Earthbending police.

Also 3 times as powerful seems kind of drastic, it'd be nice if the power boost was configurable.

I think it should completely change the ability that it is in imo. Have the sword in Fire Blast slot, Fire Blast takes the shape of a crescent and is much faster.
Have it in Fire Shield, and it shows the animation of someone blocking with a sword, just with Fire Particles and it has the same effect as blocking with a sword.
Have it in Blaze and I think the Blaze should go farther, or in a straight line, or just give the sword Fire Aspect.
I don't know about wall of fire, but, anyways, you get the point where I'm going with this~
1. Takes a extremely large amount of stuff to make. First off, you have to get to the nether, then kill enough wither skeletons to get 3 wither heads, then you have to get soulsand, then you have to construct the wither, then you have to kill it, then you have to get two diamond swords and put those in a crafting table, and fill the remaining slots with netherack. And that is only upgrading one slot. Kinda underpowered if you think about it.

2. Nice suggestion.

LionLord63

Verified Member

It does make sense, sort of. Crystals are known for amplifying one's energy. Firebending, according to Iroh, is just directed energy. To be honest, I would've loved to see the show have an antagonist that utilizes crystal energy to create a powerful weapon.

AlexTheCoder

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
It does make sense, sort of. Crystals are known for amplifying one's energy. Firebending, according to Iroh, is just directed energy. To be honest, I would've loved to see the show have an antagonist that utilizes crystal energy to create a powerful weapon.
Instead of, ya'know, SPIRIT VINE energy to create a powerful weapon?