• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Fire Stream

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chen

Verified Member
This would be a move somewhat similar to fireblast, however it would be a consecutive stream of fire, we have seen this been used throughout the show (both) and it would be great to implement it.
You may be thinking that the reason to the size of this stream is because of Sozins comet, however this is just an example.
The stream would last for about 3 seconds at day, 2 at night.
The range would be around 7 blocks at day, 9 at night.
And if the player were to hold shift before hand it would increase the size of the stream to a certain extent.
This ability could be blocked by an earth wall, (raiseearth, earthgrab etc) surge shield (Ice and water) airshield, fire shield, and if 2 fire benders were both performing the technique at eachother, they would both continue to blast but not follow through past the opponents firestream. Further more airblast/swipe/burst could temporarily stop the stream for about 0.7 seconds.

Last edited:
V

Vidcom

This could be done, however it has potential for being OP. The gif you showed (thanks btw the people who do that are awesome) is a Sozin's Comet stream so it would have to be much weaker, and even this is similar to a fireblast that never stops. As a result, it could be implemented, but it would definitely need some strong nerfs to prevent spamming.

Chen

Verified Member
Yeah I agree with the huge chance of it being op, I suppose it could do little impact damage along with the burning affect to prevent it being op. And thanks I try make it so everyone can visualize it.

Last edited:

SchvinDZC

Verified Member
It could easily be balanced by keeping the range short (11-12 blocks?) and the damage per second minimal.

And if its possible to code, the stream should be able to move with you and wherever you look - like a flamethrower. You should also have to hold down shift to use it, I'm not sure left clicking would work well.

RavenCorella

Verified Member
Holy bump.

You could add a cooldown to prevent it from being spammable
I really want tis!

You can even make it a combo to require a variety of moves to perform, orrr...

(Normal fireblast -> Click)
(Charged fireblast -> shift for several seconds then release)
You can make it like this:
You charge a fireblast like you would normally, which takes about 3-5 seconds AFAIK, but instead of releasing it with shift, you would press LMB whilist holding shift.

Status
Not open for further replies.