• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Fire shield fix

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr_Schmitty

Verified Member
As you all know, fire shield is a very hard move to use for fire benders , and almost seems useless due to its impossibility . Well, actually when timed right, the left click version can block fire blast (both forms), fire burst, earth blast, and water manipulation. (These are just the basics as it could possibly block more due to the new project korra moves.) It is a shame that such a useful move is virtually worthless because it is near impossible to use. (You have to click it at the EXACT (not even a half second delay) moment before the attack hits you, as spamming will not guarantee 100% safety and lag can sometimes delay screen time. I have tested this on my own server so I am very familiar in fire shield's workings.) My suggestion would be to increase fire shields up time (the amount of time it stays in the air by just one left click) to maybe about 1.5-2 seconds, or if you have no intentions of fixing it at the moment, possibly add another move that isn't near impossible to use like fire shield is. (Side note, about 98 percent of fire benders that I have seen choose not to use fire shield because it is too hard to work with, and I have played on about 16 different servers.) Thank you for your time.

owlcool

Verified Member
As you all know, fire shield is a very hard move to use for fire benders , and almost seems useless due to its impossibility . Well, actually when timed right, the left click version can block fire blast (both forms), fire burst, earth blast, and water manipulation. (These are just the basics as it could possibly block more due to the new project korra moves.) It is a shame that such a useful move is virtually worthless because it is near impossible to use. (You have to click it at the EXACT (not even a half second delay) moment before the attack hits you, as spamming will not guarantee 100% safety and lag can sometimes delay screen time. I have tested this on my own server so I am very familiar in fire shield's workings.) My suggestion would be to increase fire shields up time (the amount of time it stays in the air by just one left click) to maybe about 1.5-2 seconds, or if you have no intentions of fixing it at the moment, possibly add another move that isn't near impossible to use like fire shield is. (Side note, about 98 percent of fire benders that I have seen choose not to use fire shield because it is too hard to work with, and I have played on about 16 different servers.) Thank you for your time.
And here I was thinking that the only thing it is useful for is fire torpedo.

V

Vidcom

Huh. I did think that the left click function seemed a little broken, I guess my timing was off. This definitely needs a fix.

Dr_Schmitty

Verified Member
Huh. I did think that the left click function seemed a little broken, I guess my timing was off. This definitely needs a fix.
Thank you for your consideration and time. DBjet, Orion's friend and co worker on the original plugin, said that it wasn't broken, but that Orion intentionally made it hard. It seemed kinda stupid to me to put a move in that is near impossible, so I hope that it gets patched just a bit.

V

Vidcom

Personally, I'd just extend the time that it blocks in so. Also, DBJET IS ALIVE!?

Status
Not open for further replies.