• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied Fire Particles

Status
Not open for further replies.

vidant829

Verified Member
Idea: The cloud particles that air currently uses would work even better for fire if the texture were changed to match that of flames as they have a better growing animation than sparks. Due to how large the particles can grow, fewer would be needed in almost all of the Firebending abilities which in turn would help reduce lag as well as offer more fluid animations for the element opposed to what it has now.

Archiuz

Verified Member
Idea: The cloud particles that air currently uses would work even better for fire if the texture were changed to match that of flames as they have a better growing animation than sparks. Due to how large the particles can grow, fewer would be needed in almost all of the Firebending abilities which in turn would help reduce lag as well as offer more fluid animations for the element opposed to what it has now.
I appreciate the feedback but in this case what you are saying is not posssible. It really makes very little sense. Try this, maybe it will help you understand;

open a resourcepack of choice and follow this rough file path;

assets -> textures -> particles

open the particles.png and take a look for yourself.

vidant829

Verified Member
I appreciate the feedback but in this case what you are saying is not posssible. It really makes very little sense. Try this, maybe it will help you understand;

open a resourcepack of choice and follow this rough file path;

assets -> textures -> particles

open the particles.png and take a look for yourself.
I'm familiar with texturing when it comes to minecraft so from personal experience I can say that it's possible. It just needs to be done within the restrictions of the space provided which will increase as the Korra Pack grows in complexity from 16x - Xx.

Archiuz

Verified Member
I'm familiar with texturing when it comes to minecraft so from personal experience I can say that it's possible. It just needs to be done within the restrictions of the space provided which will increase as the Korra Pack grows in complexity from 16x - Xx.
The overall space of texture will increase, but there is only 1 fire particle. There are multiple "smoke" [air] particles regardless of the size.

vidant829

Verified Member
The overall space of texture will increase, but there is only 1 fire particle. There are multiple "smoke" [air] particles regardless of the size.
What I meant in my initial post was that the cloud particle would be altered to look like flames as they could be used as an alternative to the current fire particle used now for Firebending. The fire particle also known as spark would remain the same however unless altered to better fit the pack.

paliate

Verified Member
Marked as Denied.
This doesn't really seem necessary and as it is just retexturing not changing the animation it wouldn't actually offer the fluidity you're looking to achieve either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.