• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Fire: Discharge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gahshunk

Verified Member
Discharge
So I had this idea for firebending a while ago, and I'd like to expand on it. It is essentially a lightning-based technique for firebenders that has some utility value. I know lightning is not something easy to get particles for and may look wonky since there really isn't any lightning to use but... Do with that what you will. I'm also noticing this is one of the few times lightning actually pushes back the opponent instead of just electrocuting them in place.
Element: Fire
Bending Type: Active Ability
Effects:
-Left Click: Unleash an electrical current that knocks back opponents slightly, inflicting damage. The difference to regular lightning is the lack of fatal damage and knock back.
-Sneak: Create a brief redstone signal upon tapping shift at the targeted location. Holding shift will prolong the redstone signal. Can be used to turn redstone lamps on and off.
Warm-up: 0 seconds
Cool-down: 5 seconds

Please tell me what you think c:

Last edited:

Migsel

Verified Member
I think this is pretty cool with the redstone powers and such but I think the damage is just what lightning does so maybe this could somehow just be added onto the current lightning (no pun intended)?

And about the particle effects, other threads were about how with 1.8 the new guardian beam could replace the lightning particles.

Gahshunk

Verified Member
I think this is pretty cool with the redstone powers and such but I think the damage is just what lightning does so maybe this could somehow just be added onto the current lightning (no pun intended)?

And about the particle effects, other threads were about how with 1.8 the new guardian beam could replace the lightning particles.
Most lightning I've seen simply electrocutes a person. This one actually knocks back foes. I think by giving it a lower damage value to compensate for the knockback, it could be a pretty neat addition to the defensive arsenal. After all, Azula's lightning almost killed Aang and Zuko. Mako's only temporarily stunned Amon. c:

Blockkkster

Verified Member
I like it but I feel like it should have a 2 second charge up time or so. In your Mako example he has to take time to (for lack of a better term) charge his lightning to release it in the bursty manner.

Gahshunk

Verified Member
I like it but I feel like it should have a 2 second charge up time or so. In your Mako example he has to take time to (for lack of a better term) charge his lightning to release it in the bursty manner.
I thought about that but decided against a warmup because the reason he couldn't get is hand up faster was because Amon kept him down with bloodbending, making Mako work for it.

Blockkkster

Verified Member
I thought about that but decided against a warmup because the reason he couldn't get is hand up faster was because Amon kept him down with bloodbending, making Mako work for it.
Yeah but normal lightning also has a charge up because you must take time to seperate your energies then recombine them. (Which is how lightning works) and you'd need time to hold the energy back to create the burst effect.

SamuraiSnowman

Verified Member
This is pretty cool, but I think for it to activate just any redstone block, there would need to be some form of metal (similar to what is shown above). I was thinking about trip-wire hooks (only ones that aren't wired) could be a cool way for a lightning bender only door or light switch.

Gahshunk

Verified Member
This is pretty cool, but I think for it to activate just any redstone block, there would need to be some form of metal (similar to what is shown above). I was thinking about trip-wire hooks (only ones that aren't wired) could be a cool way for a lightning bender only door or light switch.
I thought about that, but there's also the idea that redstone is the essence of electricity in Minecraft, so I have no problems involving firebending with redstone... Personally.

ChrisfromMars

Verified Member
Well, in ATLA lightning bending was extremely rare and almost always fatal. It was probably nerfed down in power over the ages and increased in speed and accessibility. Which is why the charged Azula lightning does more damage than the high speed Macho lighting. God, I would love to see those two battle in an Agni Kai... That would be so fking awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.