• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

[Fire] Breathing Technique

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sprrow26

Verified Member
Hello

This is my first suggestion to you guys, so please bear with me.

Basically, this move is inspired by Iroh's explanation of fire bending as drawing power from the breath. This would work very similarly to an Addon made by Jedk (Meditate), which after an average cast time, gives the user some very nice buffs. I feel these buffs should be as follows, based on realistic assumption from firebending explanations in other areas of the show:
- Strength 1 (Based on Fire being the element of power)
- Speed 1 (Breath allows the firebender to become more focused and ready for action, thus increasing physical potential)
- Fire Resistance (Based on a scene during Sozin's comet where Iroh uses his breath to raise and lower flames around him)

Picture/Video evidence

Because I am not really familiar with making gifs, here are video links and times for each one:

11:23-11:35

7:36-7:47 (I understand this is during the comet, but it is quite obvious that firebending is only enhanced during the comet, thus this should be possible on a smaller scale outside of the comet)

Thank you for taking your time to read, and have a good day.

HydroMan

Verified Member
Even I have already suggested a firebreath to be an official move for firebender, I liked buffs you gave for it to have those listed effects on the user. I give you my support on this!

Sprrow26

Verified Member
Im thinking that this buff would appear whenever you left click with firebreath slot whenever you bend fire with any type of ability. By shifting with tgat slot you would able to flamethrow the actual firebreath. This is so that our two alternative moves won't interfare with each other. :)
I was more thinking that this would be a separate charge ability, as having it on click would be very OP

HydroMan

Verified Member
I was more thinking that this would be a separate charge ability, as having it on click would be very OP
Maybe? But the actual buffs should appear from your firebending, like explained in the show "firebending comes from the breath". For it being a seperate move, it could be called "Breath" instead. So by holding sneak for long enough will activate it?

promancer

Verified Member
Hello

This is my first suggestion to you guys, so please bear with me.

Basically, this move is inspired by Iroh's explanation of fire bending as drawing power from the breath. This would work very similarly to an Addon made by Jedk (Meditate), which after an average cast time, gives the user some very nice buffs. I feel these buffs should be as follows, based on realistic assumption from firebending explanations in other areas of the show:
- Strength 1 (Based on Fire being the element of power)
- Speed 1 (Breath allows the firebender to become more focused and ready for action, thus increasing physical potential)
- Fire Resistance (Based on a scene during Sozin's comet where Iroh uses his breath to raise and lower flames around him)

Picture/Video evidence

Because I am not really familiar with making gifs, here are video links and times for each one:

11:23-11:35

7:36-7:47 (I understand this is during the comet, but it is quite obvious that firebending is only enhanced during the comet, thus this should be possible on a smaller scale outside of the comet)

Thank you for taking your time to read, and have a good day.
Sorry, I'm going to be a bit hard on you. I don't even know where to start. This is an unneeded buff. Don't compare air to fire, not a good way to start off an conversion. The 3rd reason you stated was only on sozins comet. How do you get firebreath buffing a firebender from meditate. This is more op than water not having to pick a source, (which fire already doesnt), you get to use a constantly damaging move, that is 100% accurate, but now you want to make it so that fire gets a buff from it... wow.

Sprrow26

Verified Member
Sorry, I'm going to be a bit hard on you. I don't even know where to start. This is an unneeded buff. Don't compare air to fire, not a good way to start off an conversion. The 3rd reason you stated was only on sozins comet. How do you get firebreath buffing a firebender from meditate. This is more op than water not having to pick a source, (which fire already doesnt), you get to use a constantly damaging move, that is 100% accurate, but now you want to make it so that fire gets a buff from it... wow.

Please, read the article again. Not once did I mention anything to do with the move "Firebreath". This is called "Breathing Technique". And the comparison is NOT BY ANY MEANS to Airbenders... It is giving an example of how I feel the ability would work mechanics wise. The firebender draws power from the breath. And also, it can be logically assumed that a weaker version of Iroh's breath controlling fire could be undertaken outside of comet. And Fire already being a powerhouse? Are you serious? We're the only element that doesn't have a spammable that does ridiculous damage... The only reason we even COMPETE with other elements is because of firejet. Tldr: This move has nothing to do with breathing fire or doing damage, it works solely as a charged buff. You hold shift while on it's slot until particles appear, release, then gain the buffs listed.

promancer

Verified Member
Please, read the article again. Not once did I mention anything to do with the move "Firebreath". This is called "Breathing Technique". And the comparison is NOT BY ANY MEANS to Airbenders... It is giving an example of how I feel the ability would work mechanics wise. The firebender draws power from the breath. And also, it can be logically assumed that a weaker version of Iroh's breath controlling fire could be undertaken outside of comet. And Fire already being a powerhouse? Are you serious? We're the only element that doesn't have a spammable that does ridiculous damage... The only reason we even COMPETE with other elements is because of firejet.
So you want to give the most violent element a meditate like move. Ofc you do. But just because water can heal doesn't mean it can give itself strength. Your basing a new op move on a possible skill from a ability only a handful of firebenders possessed.

Sprrow26

Verified Member
So you want to give the most violent element a meditate like move. Ofc you do. But just because water can heal doesn't mean it can give itself strength. Your basing a new op move on a possible skill from a ability only a handful of firebenders possessed.
So you're saying only a handful of firebenders can breath? Okay, that logic is amazing... Please watch the video evidence in which Iroh explains "Firebending draws power from the breath". And how exactly is it a meditate type move? You really need to separate the difference between game mechanics (Ie the way the move is activated, such as holding shift until particles appear...) and enactment (Ie what the character would do if it weren't minecraft, which is breathe...)

HydroMan

Verified Member
I must say that fire resistance is useless to this ability, as you can already activate that effect through switching heatcontrol slot.

Sprrow26

Verified Member
I must say that fire resistance is useless to this ability, as you can already activate that effect through switching heatcontrol slot.
See, thats why I added it in. It allows for fire resistance during fight preparation, instead of having to switch to heatcontrol all the time. Also, the buffs will be on a very short timer (2-3 seconds for each), so it will not be for the whole fight.

Hero

Verified Member
See, thats why I added it in. It allows for fire resistance during fight preparation, instead of having to switch to heatcontrol all the time. Also, the buffs will be on a very short timer (2-3 seconds for each), so it will not be for the whole fight.
I sort of like this, but I also think its sort of op. Fire is already strong (too strong imo) so I am sorry, but I need to disagree with this. Maybe get rid of the fire resistance.

promancer

Verified Member
Exactly, nowhere
I sort of like this, but I also think its sort of op. Fire is already strong (too strong imo) so I am sorry, but I need to disagree with this. Maybe get rid of the fire resistance.
Its too op. I agree with hero (for once), also, when you meditate you concentrate chi or other in your body. Your basically suggesting the same thing for fire. Fire isn't peaceful, it's good enough. Air needs meditate because it's literally about movement and low dmg. Its got about 1 defensive move, airshield, and a ton of moves can go through it.

Hero

Verified Member
Exactly, nowhere

Its too op. I agree with hero (for once), also, when you meditate you concentrate chi or other in your body. Your basically suggesting the same thing for fire. Fire isn't peaceful, it's good enough. Air needs meditate because it's literally about movement and low dmg. Its got about 1 defensive move, airshield, and a ton of moves can go through it.
Air is an mobility element.

Sprrow26

Verified Member
And fire is a slow eleme- oh wait, I almost forgot about firejet, you know, the ability that allows you to make right turns that not even a military jet could make.
I'm sensing a lot of toxidity from you toward fire. We actually are not doing all that good at the moment. Water and Earth can just sit there spamming EB and WM, leaving us defenceless due to a cooldown on every ability.

promancer

Verified Member
I'm sensing a lot of toxidity from you toward fire. We actually are not doing all that good at the moment. Water and Earth can just sit there spamming EB and WM, leaving us defenceless due to a cooldown on every ability.
And that's what you're suppose to be, defenceless, fires moves consist mainly of all dmging moves.

promancer

Verified Member
Also, fire isn't suppose to be good in movement, it's suppose to be good in damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.