• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Expanding Combustion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Helios

Verified Member
I have a few ideas to make combustion more than a shift move. I hope you'll like my ideas.

IDEAS
My first idea is being able to redirect Combustion after it has left you. There is an example of this in Book 2 EP 8 in ZaoFu. It happens when Mako and Bolin are behind the big rock and Suyin tells Bolin to hit her in the forehead. My idea for this move happens right before that. P'li uses combustion and then redirects it to go around the rock. a controls idea for this is holding shift and moving your cursor, much like moving Torrent. Its too bad though, I can't find a gif of this. If someone could post one, I can edit it in this post. That'd be awesome!

My second idea is disrupting Combustion. If someone comes up and punches you in the head, (will it be possible to only define the head for this in code?) your combustion will not work for a while, and any time you try it, it'll just blow up in your face. Not sure if only punching in the face would be the only thing to do. If you guys have ideas for moves that could do this, let me know in the comments. I, luckily, did find a gif for this one.

Thanks for the read guys. PLEASE let me know what you think. I think this would be a great addition to add a little more depth to the only move in its sub-bending, Combustion Bending. As always, have a good one.

Last edited:

Zephyrus_Arrow

Verified Member
Interesting concept. I like the second part better, though. To me, combustion moves too fast to have very much control over it for the first part.

Last edited:

dNiym

Verified Member
disrupting is much more doable. While redirecting is totally possible as fast as combustion moves it would quickly be out of range and done before you could steer it like torrent/water manip.

We actually just had this discussion on our server, and talked about if the combustion bender was hit (with anything) while combustion was selected they would receive nausea for a few seconds and have their firebending disrupted for 3 seconds.

Joeri

Verified Member
disrupting is much more doable. While redirecting is totally possible as fast as combustion moves it would quickly be out of range and done before you could steer it like torrent/water manip.

We actually just had this discussion on our server, and talked about if the combustion bender was hit (with anything) while combustion was selected they would receive nausea for a few seconds and have their firebending disrupted for 3 seconds.
I feel like it shouldn't be a block, but rather when you try to use the ability it just explodes in your face

6tijn

Verified Member
I like the idea of disabling combustion for a while. I also think that the cooldown is so long, so you can't use it much. I think it would be nice if a firebender could 'specialize' himself in combustion bending. Then Combustion would be there main move, and they would be able to use it more often. But their main fire moves would be much weaker to compensate. But I don't think it's realistic to do that. Now Combustion is something you can like only use every minute?

Joeri

Verified Member
I like the idea of disabling combustion for a while. I also think that the cooldown is so long, so you can't use it much. I think it would be nice if a firebender could 'specialize' himself in combustion bending. Then Combustion would be there main move, and they would be able to use it more often. But their main fire moves would be much weaker to compensate. But I don't think it's realistic to do that. Now Combustion is something you can like only use every minute?
10 seconds cooldown or so.

owlcool

Verified Member
Maybe this could have like a chiblocker punch type effect. If someone uses this the INSTANT they get damaged, then it will blow up in their face.

Zephyrus_Arrow

Verified Member
Maybe this could have like a chiblocker punch type effect. If someone uses this the INSTANT they get damaged, then it will blow up in their face.
That could be really cool, plus the attacker would have to be SUPER accurate with their timing, or else they'd get to eat Combustion for breakfast.

owlcool

Verified Member
That could be really cool, plus the attacker would have to be SUPER accurate with their timing, or else they'd get to eat Combustion for breakfast.
Probably not that much, but I see where you are coming from. Fall damage should not account for this, and nausea should cause this to happen 2

Helios

Verified Member
Indeed. I wish more people would like the Combustion Redirection, cause that's what made me think of the whole thing.

owlcool

Verified Member
Indeed. I wish more people would like the Combustion Redirection, cause that's what made me think of the whole thing.
People would like it more, if combustion had longer range. It should be able to go around a corner, but pretty much nothing else.

Status
Not open for further replies.