• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Evolution

owlcool

Verified Member
What do you think is the next Human Evolution, and why? State why.
Examples.
1. More resistance to radiation, as we are consistently effected by radiation from things like Phones, Computers, etc.
2. Less intelligence. This would still be an evolution, but it wouldn't be one I would want. I will explain how this works, Later.

Gamzee

God Tier Member
Verified Member
I don't really understand this thread, but here I go. Nothing. We are not mating based on survival so I would say our evolution is pretty much over. I'm not an expert on this topic, but that is my opinion.

Hero

Verified Member
I don't really understand this thread, but here I go. Nothing. We are not mating based on survival so I would say our evolution is pretty much over. I'm not an expert on this topic, but that is my opinion.
Yeah, we mate out of love, money ,and fun....nasty humans. We pandas are cool dough.

owlcool

Verified Member
Evolution would happen because of mutations of humans surviving more often then actual humans, or reproducing more then other humans.

Believe it or not, Humans are still animals.

Also, there are some examples of Human Evolution's that occurred over just like a thousand years, such as surviving at higher altitudes. I would recommend you research it a bit.

Hero

Verified Member
Evolution would happen because of mutations of humans surviving more often then actual humans, or reproducing more then other humans.

Also, there are some examples of Human Evolution's that occurred over just like a thousand years, such as surviving at higher altitudes. I would recommend you research it a bit.
We know that humans are animals, but you do have to take into a fact that not everybody believes in evolution .

Gamzee

God Tier Member
Verified Member
1. More resistance to radiation, as we are consistently effected by radiation from things like Phones, Computers, etc.
They both have low low low amounts of radiation.

Yes, but at a much much slower rate than any other species, as our life expectancy is so high and our technology so advanced we need not mate based on hunting skills, but on personality.
No shit.
Your body naturally gets adjusted to conditions, as humans are masters at adaptation. But I could be wrong.

owlcool

Verified Member
They both have low low low amounts of radiation.

Yes, but at a much much slower rate than any other species, as our life expectancy is so high and our technology so advanced we need not mate based on hunting skills, but on personality.

No shit.

Your body naturally gets adjusted to conditions, as humans are masters at adaptation. But I could be wrong.
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/07/02/science/02tibet.html?_r=0
"at least 30 genes had undergone evolutionary change"

owlcool

Verified Member
We have around 24,000 genes so thats not much, and as I said, now that we have advanced technology (which they don't have) evolution will slow down.
Of course, Humans also adopt AROUND advanced technology. Try an evolution that causes you to be more likely to survive a car crash, per say.

Gamzee

God Tier Member
Verified Member
Of course, Humans also adopt AROUND advanced technology. Try an evolution that causes you to be more likely to survive a car crash, per say.
How would that work? Cars are very new things when compared to the human race. It took those Tibetans thousands of years just to have a bit stronger lungs.

Evolution isn't a skill tree in an RPG. It is a very long and complex process, one that the relatively small amount of fatal car crashes won't change.

owlcool

Verified Member
How would that work? Cars are very new things when compared to the human race. It took those Tibetans thousands of years just to have a bit stronger lungs.

Evolution isn't a skill tree in an RPG. It is a very long and complex process, one that the relatively small amount of fatal car crashes won't change.
No reason why these inventions won't stay around for a while.

Pickle9775

Staff member
Head Moderator
Verified Member
Human evolution has ended. As many people said we don't mate out of a desire for advantageous traits. Not only this, our intelligence has skyrocketed (in terms of evolution): in the blink of an eye. Take a look at Darwin's finches. They evolved to have different beaks based on what was available to eat on their island.
Because of our technological advancements we are able to ensure those who have genetic inability to survive and live a full life. In addition to this we have the ability to be on the OTHER SIDE OF THE PLANET within a day. Genes are constantly mixing and changing. In order for a new species to arise you would need a large pool of people and they would only be able to breed with other people in that pool. The most common "large" mutation usually comes with sterility so they can't be passed on.
A little nitpick, your question also poses an issue with the feasibility. One species does not evolve into another, they evolve from another. Chimps didn't evolve into humans, we both evolved from a common ancestor because of a split population of said common ancestor.

Side note: We can't just evolve to get a more efficient circulatory system. Things like that are deeply coded into our DNA and likely won't change for the better. Very few modern mutations are helpful. And evolution did screw is over. It ensured we got an age where we could pass on our genes, but then it just gave up. Things like Alzheimer's can affect us because early humans couldn't see it as an issue during the time of reproduction because it came long after.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I wouldn't say it has ended. I believe the lenght of people changes mainly. I could be wrong though!