• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

EarthSpike (Earth)

Status
Not open for further replies.

David

Verified Member
The gif seems like Earth Line to me. When I think of Earth Spike, I think of when Toph fights that one Earthbender with the light green mask, and she raises several earth spikes to repeatedly bounce him off the arena.

GreenNickel

Verified Member
The gif seems like Earth Line to me. When I think of Earth Spike, I think of when Toph fights that one Earthbender with the light green mask, and she raises several earth spikes to repeatedly bounce him off the arena.
After watching the scene where Toph fights that guy (the Gecko), I agree. However, I did not use that gif because Toph uses that move to knock the guy around and eventually off the arena (seemed more of a utility move), where the move I envisioned would just straight up do damage and knock up (more of a simple damage ability). Thanks for your suggestion though.

GreenNickel

Verified Member
I suppose this could be an earth combo, considering the duration of the combo sequence is short and not complex.

GreenNickel

Verified Member
Would it look like the icespike that waterbenders use?
Yes. At least thats what I want it to look like. In icespike however you tap shift, columns of ice shoot up, and immediately go back down. With earthspike, I think that the spikes would erupt out of the ground, stay there for a few seconds, then retreat back into the ground.

6tijn

Verified Member
yes, I think that would look great c: AND It would have more use than icespike; fore icespike you need you oponent to be on ice.... Wich ectually almost never happens becaus eit's so easily avoidable.

JewFroJustin

Verified Member
I think that the animation for this (in-game) would be like an earthline going towards the enemy, and when it reaches the enemy a single 2-block high column shoots up from the ground and does some knockback along with some damage. That's how I imagined it, but idk

Moonelight

Verified Member
I think that the animation for this (in-game) would be like an earthline going towards the enemy, and when it reaches the enemy a single 2-block high column shoots up from the ground and does some knockback along with some damage. That's how I imagined it, but idk
only one? weak.
Earth is slow yet strong, but that doesn't mean it can't be fast.
It would require more than one spike to appear to make me like the move.

DanStryder

Verified Member
Could this have a sideway function? So if I clicked with this ability on a wall then spikes (depending on the depth of the wall) would shoot out the wall then slowly retract, I can see it being a good way to throw people about if used well with the ground part too, almost like a combo of our own

paliate

Verified Member
I don't think we should be thinking about this as looking / being like icespike.
Earth and Water are two different elements, and like stated before it does seem alot like earthline, just with a fancy spike like feature at the end, It's not worth all the coding for a move that is almost exactly like a already created move.

6tijn

Verified Member
Well, I wouldn't base your opinion on that GIF. How I think it would look is that when you left click under someone spikes come out of the ground beneath them. I don't think it would look like earthline at all. Also keep in mind that their was a great distance between Toph and those bandits. The spikes she created didn't go from her all the way to them.

Fuzzy

Verified Member
Could maybe be a combo?
I like the idea of this becoming a combo for Earthbending. Its similar to shockwave/earthline and catapult/raiseearth. Its similar to shockwave/earthline by the ground effects it has until it reaches the person, and its like catapult/raiseearth because it flings a user in the air. Very good suggestion :p

6tijn

Verified Member
Well, for the ones who say that this is too alike earthline or shockwave. ISn't JetBlast a fire combo that is VERY alike firejet. Isn't IceWave alike WaterWave? I think there may be combos that are similar to already existing moves.

Status
Not open for further replies.