• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

EarthSpike (Earth)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GreenNickel

Verified Member
This move would allow an earth bender to tap shift (only when standing on earth) and small columns of earth erupt under your foes (1-4 spikes), briefly slowing, doing damage, and slightly knocking up enemies. However, when charged for a few seconds, the spikes would do the same amount of damage as an uncharged earthspike, but the knock up and slow would be increased.

This move is similar to icespike for water benders, but instead of the earth erupting and sinking back down immediately, they would linger for a few seconds before going back into the ground. This move would provide excellent mobility for an earth bender as well as great CC.

João

Verified Member
Like the idea, and could have a movement like the Water Wave but now for earthbenders

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Maybe when you press shift and click, the thing that happens in the gif could happen?

Kwesi

Verified Member
I feel like this ability should have alternative functions. The tap sneak would function as you mentioned in your suggestion. The other thing which I'm suggesting is that there be an effect much like how it is demonstrated in the GIF you provided: when holding sneak and left-clicking at a target would cause 3 columns of earth to erect where the target is positioned.

I don't feel slowness is necessary, but I understand why you suggested the effect. The knockback will definitely be the most powerful affliction of an ability like this.

GreenNickel

Verified Member
Since many of earth's abilities require charge time/delay (shockwave, lava flow, earthsmash), I thought that earthspike would temporarily deter the enemies so it would give the earth bender some extra time to charge for his next move. That's why I thought a knock-up and small slow would be nice.

Kwesi

Verified Member
Since many of earth's abilities require charge time/delay (shockwave, lava flow, earthsmash), I thought that earthspike would temporarily deter the enemies so it would give the earth bender some extra time to charge for his next move. That's why I thought a knock-up and small slow would be nice.
In the suggestion the ability can be performed instantly, but there is also a charged option.

GreenNickel

Verified Member
It could possibly be a combo. But the point of this ability was to provide earth benders with a simple, quick method for escape/increase attack potential. Making it a combo would increase the time for casting it and that's what this ability was supposed to avoid.

Kwesi

Verified Member
It could possibly be a combo. But the point of this ability was to provide earth benders with a simple, quick method for escape/increase attack potential. Making it a combo would increase the time for casting it and that's what this ability was supposed to avoid.
I personally agree with you: I see this ability this ability working as a standard ability rather than a combo ability.

Status
Not open for further replies.