• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Earthbending and the other elements

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
So I know that this is going to get a lot of hate. But too many people say that "Earthbending has too many moves". I've seen it a lot in game and on the forums. I am making this thread so that you as the people know that earthbending doesn't have too many moves. To do this I'm going to create lists of all the stock abilities for each bending, except chi, reasons being that it doesn't have too many moves and it isn't a bending element.
This thread is about earthbending, so I'll start there.
Earthbending:
-Catapult
-Collapse
-EarthArmor
-EarthBlast
-EarthGrab
-EarthSmash
-Extraction
-LavaFlow
-MetalClips
-RaiseEarth
-Shockwave
-TremorSense

Firebending:
-Blaze
-Combustion
-FireBlast
-FireBurst
-FireJet
-FireShield
-HeatControl
-Illumination
-Lightning
-WallOfFire
- +5 fire combos

Waterbending:
-Bloodbending
-HealingWaters
-IceBlast
-IceSpike
-OctopusForm
-PhaseChange
-Surge
-Torrent
-WaterBubble
-WaterManipulation
-WaterSpout
- +2 water combos

Airbending:
-AirBlast
-AirBurst
-AirBubble
-AirShield
-AirSpout
-AirSuction
-AirSwipe
-Flight
-Suffocate
-Tornado
- +3 air combos

Based on moves - yes, it has 2 more moves than the other elements. But when you add in the combos, The other elements individually outnumber earth. So please, people need to stop saying that earth has too many moves, when in reality, it doesn't. Please do not take this as me saying Earth is worse than the other elements, I use earth primarily, and I can hold my own against the other elements. It just really bugs me when people say that earth has too many moves.

Thank you for reading!
(I am going to keep this thread updated with the latest moves, because it is also a good way for people to look at the moves without being in-game or having to go to different places like the wiki which currently doesn't have all the moves for every element.)

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
@MistPhizzle your thread is a great thread. But I wanted to create a thread so that people can see that earthbending doesn't have too many moves. My thread focuses on this. Your thread focuses on the big picture of it all. All the elements, dev builds. Different in essence from my thread. Still a great thread though. I took your advice and that's why I've been thinking about a lot of ideas.
(Apparently haven't posted many good ones so far)

Najh98

Verified Member
@MistPhizzle your thread is a great thread. But I wanted to create a thread so that people can see that earthbending doesn't have too many moves. My thread focuses on this. Your thread focuses on the big picture of it all. All the elements, dev builds. Different in essence from my thread. Still a great thread though. I took your advice and that's why I've been thinking about a lot of ideas.
(Apparently haven't posted many good ones so far)
I meant with all of the extra abilities. They made a lot of earth moves. I didn't mean the default moves.

Well, the default moves plus the extra moves.

Gamzee

God Tier Member
Verified Member
You can say it but custom moves aren't supported by the PK Team so they are not taken into consideration when making adding new moves.

Najh98

Verified Member
You can say it but custom moves aren't supported by the PK Team so they are not taken into consideration when making adding new moves.
Ok, and? It doesn't matter if they are or not, I can still say it. Deal with it.

Sketz

Verified Member
My Server Elements:

Fire:
FireBlast
FireBurst
FireShield
Lightning
Blaze
Volt
HeatControl
Illumination