• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Earth Pull

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hero

Verified Member
Sorry for my limited experience with coding but with my understanding, I believe you can sense when something is hitting the side of a block.

This addition to RaiseEarth allows an earthbender to make earth come towards him. Basically it's RaiseEarth sideways. It wouldn't (or at least shouldn't) interfere with making vertical column(s) because just have to aim for the side of the block and not the top.

How is this useful?

• Allows you to make a bridge of earth so you or friends can cross.
  • Allows you to make a shield from an enemy over your head.
How would you collapse this?

This was something that was hard to think because of the way it works. I decided that it could either right click the column(s) or just shift on the side of the block.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Better off as a individual earth ability, because like someone said it could get messy interfaring with raiseearth.

I went back and played as an earthbender for a little longer. I was in a ravine, and there was little way i could target the top of a block. I'm not sure if the thing i said before was a good idea. As still when you targeted the blocks side you could still pull up a pillar. I see how that would be useful and its not always the case that you can see the blocks top when you want to make a pillar. Like raising up a column to block a minecraft when hiding below. ect ect

As it stands now for RaiseEarth, you target the block that would be the top of the pillar. Thats the same. But the reason i suggested converging earthBridge and RaiseEarth is so the skillset wasn't cluttered and difficult to use.

The original developer for this plugin, for which this one is based on. Always tried to avoid the clunkyness of other bending plugins.
Example 1 -
29:25. Theres 2 abilities you need switch between to shoot a rock. Manipulate, shoot. 2 slots.
32:12. Same for water. Theres 3 abilities needed to shoot a ball of ice.
^This is what i wanted to avoid when i suggested converging RaiseEarth and EarthBridge.

That one is an alternate mod that makes lots of mistakes with balance and usability. Goes for a download approach, where this one has a better approach of not modifying the client.
LETmeTELLuWHYthisoneISbullship.
^Novice/middle/master level bending - no balance. 14:17 for some op firebending :/
^Bending is found on scrolls in chests.
^26:15 for exactly the opposite of what we want with earthbending. Creates blocks instead of moving existing blocks.
Its important to see what other similar plugins are doing wrong to understand how this one can be better.

I can make this "Potential future usability problem" thing into a seperate thread if requested.
http://projectkorra.com/threads/earthbridge-the-raiseearth-supplement.875/

Hero

Verified Member
Better off as a individual earth ability, because like someone said it could get messy interfaring with raiseearth.

We don't need a whole other ability for something that can fit easily into

The quote you gave me said that things should be merged together so things werent complex and difficult to use. And the link says he wants it as a seperate move. I disagree with that because earth as of right now as so many moves, it's overwhelming. The only thing it would interfere with is if someone is wants to collapse it, but I already named some ways he can make it work.

Status
Not open for further replies.