• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied Earth Combo: Earth Tomb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam Heppner

Verified Member
This would be an earth combo. This would be the order of the moves: Earth Grab, Raise Earth (looking at the earth grab), Collapse, hold Collapse. What this move would do is first, it would trap the entity just like a normal Earth Grab. But after clicking Raise Earth at the Earth Grab, the Earth Grab will form a complete dome around the entity. Then the player will click Collapse, and the newly formed "dome" will sink into the ground. Finally, once the dome is in the ground, the player will hold sneak on Collapse, causing the wall of the sunken dome to crush in, causing impact and suffocation damage. The player may release Collapse at any time cause the hole to fill in and the entity to be pushed up towards the surface. Now, I know that this move is pretty OP, because it's basically an insta-kill. That's why I say you should make it where the play must preform and time the moves perfectly, in order to "balance the scales". There may also be a config in the files on how long you can hold the final move in Earth Tomb. Also a file if you want to be able to spam the last move by punching causing the Earth Tomb to be a "mincer". If it's still too OP, comment down below in what needs to be changed.

SuperBower118

Verified Member
So pretty much just causing suffocation with earth- I'm pretty sure this idea has been suggested before. It's something interesting for sure, but I just don't see how it'll completely benefit the plugin. Also, timing the moves perfectly doesn't really work, because normally people do time combos nearly perfectly.
I find this a bit too rewarding for involving 3 moves, with all of them you only have to perform one action.

Sam Heppner

Verified Member
So pretty much just causing suffocation with earth- I'm pretty sure this idea has been suggested before. It's something interesting for sure, but I just don't see how it'll completely benefit the plugin. Also, timing the moves perfectly doesn't really work, because normally people do time combos nearly perfectly.
I find this a bit too rewarding for involving 3 moves, with all of them you only have to perform one action.
Maybe have a "mass cool-down effect"? You could make it where after preforming this combo, the player will be "drained", making them not be able to do any moves. Except, of course, when in avatar state. If that doesn't work, then instead you can either make the player preform more moves? I have just started here, so I don't know what's too OP and what's not. Maybe you could help me? Just tell me what I should do to make it where this combo will be accepted.

SuperBower118

Verified Member
Maybe have a "mass cool-down effect"? You could make it where after preforming this combo, the player will be "drained", making them not be able to do any moves. Except, of course, when in avatar state. If that doesn't work, then instead you can either make the player preform more moves? I have just started here, so I don't know what's too OP and what's not. Maybe you could help me? Just tell me what I should do to make it where this combo will be accepted.
First off, just because a feature is liked by the community. Second, the thing is that, the concept of earthbenders suffocating their opponents has been suggested in the past. I'm pretty sure the reasons why you don't see a move/combo that earthbenders can do to suffocate people with earth is for a few reasons. The first reason is mainly because it can just be OP if you're bending something like stone and not dirt or sand. The second reason is that I feel like the ability to suffocate people with earth is more add-on y. Earthbenders surround a person with earth to suffocate them in the ground wasn't something really something that was shown too often. I personally feel like that the feature of earthbenders bringing a bunch of earth around and on top of a person to suffocate them isn't necessary. That'll just promote watercamping for waterbenders.

promancer

Verified Member
First off, just because a feature is liked by the community. Second, the thing is that, the concept of earthbenders suffocating their opponents has been suggested in the past. I'm pretty sure the reasons why you don't see a move/combo that earthbenders can do to suffocate people with earth is for a few reasons. The first reason is mainly because it can just be OP if you're bending something like stone and not dirt or sand. The second reason is that I feel like the ability to suffocate people with earth is more add-on y. Earthbenders surround a person with earth to suffocate them in the ground wasn't something really something that was shown too often. I personally feel like that the feature of earthbenders bringing a bunch of earth around and on top of a person to suffocate them isn't necessary. That'll just promote watercamping for waterbenders.
If you think watercamping is bad, imagine a one hit, impossible to dodge, easily performed combo that can be used anywhere there's earth. This would be worst than bloodbending...

promancer

Verified Member
http://projectkorra.com/forum/threads/earthcombo-earthcrush.3529/#post-48675

Status
Not open for further replies.