• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied Drowning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nin01

Verified Member
Since water benders can freeze water, blood bend, and draw water out of plants, then how come they can't suffocate people with water? After being inspired by the move suffocation by the air benders, I wanted to suggest this idea for a long time!

This should work by using water manipulation towards an opponent as usual. But after it hits them, you should hold shift and be able to suffocate them. This move should to the equivalent damage to being hit by a fist, and should only have a couple hits.

If possible, the ability should be a move itself by clicking a water source (Unless you have a bottle) and holding shift while looking at the player until the water goes to the player; From there, you can click and the water will do damage to the player! Such as air, it should be able to be deactivated by the bender being able to use a basic move on the water bender performing the move.

I have not yet decided what the name of this move should be called, since Suffocation is already a move. So please give ideas and tell me what you think about this!

Be honest!!!

Verified Member
i actually suggested something like this a long time ago but it got denied for no reason :( so i could help you with ideas if you want

Taiko the Waterbender

Verified Member
I really like it, aside the fact that it is the bender who chooses how much health to take. If I was going to end someone's life, I would spam clicking.

I think that this move, if added, hopefully, should work by simple drowning, which is already in-game.

On the other hand, we need something to counter this from it being too overpowered.

Nin01

Verified Member
I really like it, aside the fact that it is the bender who chooses how much health to take. If I was going to end someone's life, I would spam clicking.

I think that this move, if added, hopefully, should work by simple drowning, which is already in-game.

On the other hand, we need something to counter this from it being too overpowered.
Like not spam clicking to drown someone xD

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Why it would get deny? Holding shift is even more op than just spamming the left click mouse button, which by doing so takes less time to drown an living thing and requires a heed on suffocating him. Also, it would be unique by it's control, as I think it makes abit difference from the ripped off move.

I also would like to share an idea, that this should be disable in the same manor of the Suffocate ability, but with the exception of requiring to be close to the target. And to prevent the accidental punching, which would speeded up the process of killing the player, right click spamming would be a replacement for the suggested left click.

Last edited:

Nin01

Verified Member
Why it would get deny? Holding shift is even more op than just spamming the left click mouse button, which by doing so takes less time to drown an living thing and requires a heed on suffocating him. Also, it would be unique by it's control, as I think it makes abit difference from the ripped off move.

I also would like to share an idea, that this should be disable in the same manor of the Suffocate ability, but with the exception of requiring to be close to the target. And to prevent the accidental punching, which would speeded up the process of killing the player, right click spamming would be a replacement for the suggested left click.
Totally agree! So the water bender should hold shift but when they click it speeds up the drowning process?

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Obviously, everything is up to (concept and not) developers. I'm suggesting that rapid right clicking a player when close to him will start to drown him.

Green

Verified Member
I have an idea on how to make this ability not OP.

Just make it to when where another bender is in the water you can hold shift and it will drag them under. This will also speed up the drowning process some. The bender has to be 10 blocks or less for it to work. The only was to stop this is to hit the water bender to lose there concentration. It will have a 15 second cool down.

SuperBower118

Verified Member
Since water benders can freeze water, blood bend, and draw water out of plants, then how come they can't suffocate people with water? After being inspired by the move suffocation by the air benders, I wanted to suggest this idea for a long time!

This should work by using water manipulation towards an opponent as usual. But after it hits them, you should hold shift and be able to suffocate them. This move should to the equivalent damage to being hit by a fist, and should only have a couple hits.

If possible, the ability should be a move itself by clicking a water source (Unless you have a bottle) and holding shift while looking at the player until the water goes to the player; From there, you can click and the water will do damage to the player! Such as air, it should be able to be deactivated by the bender being able to use a basic move on the water bender performing the move.

I have not yet decided what the name of this move should be called, since Suffocation is already a move. So please give ideas and tell me what you think about this!

Be honest!!!
If this is going to *eventually* kill the opponent regardless of what they do, then this isn't needed. It's OP, for starters. If it's going to get to the point where if you happen to go into a two block deep water pool (whether it be your doing or not) and you'll be able to be killed and you can't do anything about it, then that's not balanced. At least with Suffocation you can hit the airbender and it'll stop.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
I have an idea on how to make this ability not OP.

Just make it to when where another bender is in the water you can hold shift and it will drag them under. This will also speed up the drowning process some. The bender has to be 10 blocks or less for it to work. The only was to stop this is to hit the water bender to lose there concentration. It will have a 15 second cool down.
This is quite opposite, your's op while the original poster of this idea didn't mention anything about for the victim to be in water and that it requires for a watermanipulation hit, which his is alot less over-powered than yours. Adding one of mine ideas to this concept, I think it would come up to be a great move, because this shouldn't be rejected and the reasons is that I have yet to see someone complaining of Suffocate being "over-powered".

SuperBower118

Verified Member
This is quite opposite, your's op while the original poster of this idea didn't mention anything about for the victim to be in water and that it requires for a watermanipulation hit, which his is alot less over-powered than yours. Adding one of mine ideas to this concept, I think it would come up to be a great move, because this shouldn't be rejected and the reasons is that I have yet to see someone complaining of Suffocate being "over-powered".
You're wrong. Having to hit someone with a watermanipulation is a "nerf" if anything. I'll elaborate on it more later.

Nin01

Verified Member
If you didn't listen from earlier, the move can be disabled just like suffocate. Simply use the basic move for each element and it will be disabled.

SuperBower118

Verified Member
If you didn't listen from earlier, the move can be disabled just like suffocate. Simply use the basic move for each element and it will be disabled.
If you're going to be underwater in drowning, how exactly are you supposed to produce a basic move? I also feel that drowning isn't exactly water's style of fighting,

Status
Not open for further replies.