• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Discussion about the doc

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Reading the comment section of the doc ,that consists of a log with listed plans for each ability changes/additions/removes in 1.9, I seen most of them being a criticisms/hates that aren't constructive enough. Here's the link to it https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bQ-Om5YSWjSnwVkkwHxPzfnIG8bDf42ynXx8nrEx5hU/mobilebasic?pref=2&pli=1

In this thread, leave a comment about what you dislike from the planned tweaks of a certain abilities(-y). Tell us why you disliked them and If you want to - elaborate on how the issued listed in there can be fixed. Don't just go around here saying "not everything should be canon" and alike arguments and ect.

@TLAalltheway, knowing you as the only member oh nvm, @Jwaffles04 ~ knowing both of you that disliked these changes from these forums, I especally want you guys to see this post, so that you miss it out.

Last edited:

chazpants

Verified Member
The one thing I don't really like is the fact you can't charge moves on firejet anymore. The changes to water I like and earth.

Loony

Verified Member
Leaving comments on that doc is pointless. Isn't an official doc, some things in the doc have changed and will continue to do so.

Leaving feedback on that doc will not be read by our staff.

xNuminousx

Verified Member
Leaving comments on that doc is pointless. Isn't an official doc, some things in the doc have changed and will continue to do so.

Leaving feedback on that doc will not be read by our staff.
Um...? You should still consider all feedback and suggestions. As you've said several time there isn't a finalized version and something someone said here could help you out with the finalized once you get to that point. People could still give you ideas here to help you out with the finalized version. People are having a chance to give you feedback to help you complete the doc, don't shut them down like that.

Loony

Verified Member
Um...? You should still consider all feedback and suggestions. As you've said several time there isn't a finalized version and something someone said here could help you out with the finalized once you get to that point. People could still give you ideas here to help you out with the finalized version. People are having a chance to give you feedback to help you complete the doc, don't shut them down like that.
The majority of the "feedback" I've seen so far are for things that have been changed. I will accept feedback when we release the changes ourselves, not from a document that's old and leaked.

TLAalltheway

Verified Member
Fire:
1. Fireblast is now fireshots, the most OP add on ever to exist (unblockable)
2. No fireticks? Useful against EarthBenders, though not canon or whatever is was a useful tactic
3. WallOfFire removal.. Why? Now replaced with fireshield shifting type function. This removes a lot of tactics with fire.
Water:
1. Manip is now torrent, gg.
2. Torrent dragging now like waterflow? Torrent dragging was somewhat hard and needed practice of master, you could move your opponent wherever if like water flow that'd be OP.
Earth:
I mostly like what you're doing with earth, good job on that, I especially like the idea of the absorption so earth armor so actually it protects you from things.
Air:
1. Removal of airblast, air is supposed to be very very fast, the new mechanic just seems awkward to move with where as air blast now is smooth.

Gamzee

God Tier Member
Verified Member
If the ability to launch yourself with AirBlast is taken away I probably won't even use PK anymore. Just because it isn't totally canon doesn't mean it shouldn't be in the plugin, it was a fun ability and removing it only because it isn't canon even though its been in the plugin for years is really dumb.

Loony

Verified Member
Fire:
2. No fireticks? Useful against EarthBenders, though not canon or whatever is was a useful tactic
3. WallOfFire removal.. Why? Now replaced with fireshield shifting type function. This removes a lot of tactics with fire.
Water:
2. Torrent dragging now like waterflow? Torrent dragging was somewhat hard and needed practice of master, you could move your opponent wherever if like water flow that'd be OP.
Earth:
I mostly like what you're doing with earth, good job on that, I especially like the idea of the absorption so earth armor so actually it protects you from things.
Air:
1. Removal of airblast, air is supposed to be very very fast, the new mechanic just seems awkward to move with where as air blast now is smooth.
If the ability to launch yourself with AirBlast is taken away I probably won't even use PK anymore. Just because it isn't totally canon doesn't mean it shouldn't be in the plugin, it was a fun ability and removing it only because it isn't canon even though its been in the plugin for years is really dumb.

We're not removing AirBlast...
We aren't adding the FireShots addon..
WallOfFire isn't confirmed to be removed..

People commenting on these changes that aren't happening is just giving me a headache

SuperBower118

Verified Member

People commenting on these changes that aren't happening is just giving me a headache
Then maybe the staff team should actually make a big announcement on this saying it's fake, and also tell us what you do have planned (Not this second, but sometime in the near future). We deserve to know too.

Gamzee

God Tier Member
Verified Member

I don't have a way of knowing how the plan is different so I made my argument of why the function should not be removed. Clear and simple.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Canon andare the factors that make up for an ability. Already covered that up.

Loony, that feedback could be used after the changes are released.

Fire:
Water:
Earth:
Air:
1. Removal of airblast, air is supposed to be very very fast, the new mechanic just seems awkward to move with where as air bblockable is smooth.
The Log states it will act like that custom ability, not necessary being the same as fireshot. I believe they will make it blockable (fireblast). Remember how op were waterarms?
Airbenders weren't that fast. They were slow. Wanna elaborate more on why you dislike watermanipulation?

NickC1211

Verified Member

I'm sorry that you have to deal with this. In my opinion people shouldn't even complain until the changes are made and they experience them first hand. They don't know how hard it is to take a whole bunch of ideas and make it into something that pk as a whole will benefit from.

Loony

Verified Member
In the doc the description of new fireblast sounds very similar to fireshots.

WaterManipulation, as described in the doc, sounds like torrent. Why?... Just, why?.. Manip is now torrent, gg project Korra, gg.
Nah, it sounds like that because of how its interpreted. It will be similar, but not the same. Imagine the FireBlast we have now being able to be rapid fired 4 times before the cooldown is activated. It would go faster than the current FireBlast too.

Manipulation will stay the same, but torrent will be added on to it. You're not loosing a feature there.

We're keeping torrent, but changing it.

TLAalltheway

Verified Member
And that's bad to you why?
Because torrent is supposed to be torrent and manip is supposed to be manip.
Manipulation will stay the same, but torrent will be added on to it. You're not loosing a feature there.
Ok, thanks for clearing that up. I thought you were going to get rid of the current manip and make it torrent.
Imagine the FireBlast we have now being able to be rapid fired 4 times before the cooldown is activated. It would go faster than the current FireBlast too.
That legit sounds exactly like fireshots but without the shifting before you fire.

xNuminousx

Verified Member
Because torrent is supposed to be torrent and manip is supposed to be manip.
Water is the element of change bruh, let it change~
Ok, thanks for clearing that up. I thought you were going to get rid of the current manip and make it torrent.
Nicest thing I've heard you say I think <3
That legit sounds exactly like fireshots but without the shifting before you fire.
I do agree with this.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Water is the element of change bruh, let it change~
But what If Surge change/turned into FireShield(I know how unrealistic scenario that would be), would it be then called the element of change or power?

#MindBlown

That's actually a bad example for you to give for that concept of that particular element. I don't know If you get the context of it, but the changes by pk can be done to any bending arts, as the doc shows they aren't just changing abilities for water too, but for other as well.

I went full sherlock and know and all in here, lol.

Last edited:

xNuminousx

Verified Member
I know how unrealistic scenario that would be
You're right, that is unrealistic xD I wouldn't disagree with a waterbender having the option to form water around themselves with surge, as long as the old surge is till present.
I don't know If you get the context of it, but the changes by pk can be done to any bending arts, as the doc shows they aren't just changing abilities for water too, but for other as well.
You are correct but I was responding to a specific part to his post that mentioned water. You check my post above.