• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Accepted Developer Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carbogen

Verified Member
How much experience do you have working on Java Projects?
I have had a lot of opportunities to develop with Java... Starting from my grade 10 year (last year) I have been developing plugins and enrolled in a classical Java course. As far as concepts and code went, I learned most of it on my own faster than the course would teach me. However, the course really did help me learn the fundamentals and guide me towards the more advanced stuff.
Have you ever publicly released a plugin? If so, could you provide a link?
Publicly? No. I've hosted a few servers before and often had custom plugins running... The variety ranged from Vampire/Elf plugins, RPG Experience plugins, and modifying Orion304's bending plugin to add more moves. I also made an RPG plugin for bending (based on permissions and configuration files) which granted players certain abilities at certain Minecraft levels.
Why you want to be a developer for ProjectKorra:
I have always dreamed to be a developer, and I have a passion for Avatar LoK (TLA too)... I figured this might be a good place for me. I haven't worked "for real" before, so I think I might want to start in a friendly environment that matches my likes/dislikes, where people are friendly and often willing to help, and where I can do what I love: programming bukkit plugins.​

Country / Time Zone:
I moved to Toronto, Canada 6 years ago, have lived here ever since. That's Eastern Standard Time.
Additional Relevant Skills:
I have a decent amount of experience with ProjectKorra's API and code (been stalking the Github), and have strong abilities in programming add-ons abilities and, more recently, combos.
One more thing: I will be posting a thread reasonably soon on my new ComboModuleAPI, which enables a Developer to implement ComboAbilities into PK. Let me know if you'd like to implement that into the official plugin :)

Thank-you for reading,

~Brendan Wilson (Carbogen).

Status
Not open for further replies.