• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Deflection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nin01

Verified Member
As shown in the fight between Katara and Pakku, Katara was capable of grabbing the torrent from Master Pakku and redirecting it.

This could be very easy to design because all that need to be done is to make a water attack bendable as it is being used (The example provided is a demonstration for a water vs water fight, though should be possible in many other situations), so which still does damage yet provides a split-second opportunity for a water bender to select the block and bend it again. At the same time, it can be difficult to make since the water isn't staying still in combat.

Another example can be an air bender using the wind to stop a move such as earth shard since earth shard is an entitiy.

Though some would say "That is why there are defensive moves", I believe that this could make bending alot more exciting.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Ok so what I got from this is that moves such as torrent and watermanipulation can be used as a source?

Nin01

Verified Member
It wouldn't be nice code
Ok so what I got from this is that moves such as torrent and water manipulation can be used as a source?
Yes, while the water bender is attacking another water bender the attack being executed can be selected and used while in mid action.
I did realize some things can't be redirected such as air bending, frost breath, E.T.C. This is just a general idea for possibly redirect able abilities. That doesn't mean every thing should be redirect able, because that would be EXTREMELY difficult...

IceEyes

Verified Member
Only problem i see with this is that it is way to easy to redirect. For example you could just select manip and then shoot it back..
That's waaay to easy

Nin01

Verified Member
Here is what we can do, we can make the source fir bending only in one spot of the attack. This way it can be harder to redirect.

Status
Not open for further replies.