• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Fixed Day/night enhancement messages are sometimes spammed to players

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snhnry

Verified Member
Version: 1.2.0 release

I've been unable to replicate this or even get a screenshot of it happening, but multiple players are reporting that sometimes the day/night messages for fire and water are spammed into their chat hundreds of times when the sun is setting or rising.

It doesn't seem to have any consistency, and happens fairly infrequently, maybe one out of every 50 day/night cycles

Mist

Staff member
Administrator
I haven't had this happen and fire / water are my main elements. If it is something you run across again, if you could get an error log, that would be fantastic.

Snhnry

Verified Member
Unfortunately, as far as I can tell, it only manifests to the client. I've been unable to find any errors that occur at the same time.

Snhnry

Verified Member
Here is a screenshot. http://i.imgur.com/uwns1tg.png Tabbychat is consolidating hundreds of the messages and still being spammed. Around the time this was happening, a long string of NPEs constantly filled up console.

Code:
7:52:09 PM
CONSOLE:
WARN]: java.lang.NullPointerException

Joeri

Verified Member
Here is a screenshot. http://i.imgur.com/uwns1tg.png Tabbychat is consolidating hundreds of the messages and still being spammed. Around the time this was happening, a long string of NPEs constantly filled up console.

Code:
CONSOLE:
Weirdt, btw the player in the screenshot is using fullbright... Is that allowed on ur server?

HiddenCloud

Verified Member

Code:
CONSOLE:
I think the nullpointer was caused by a world being unloaded thus becoming null, and since there were no null checks in the day/night cycling method I think that's the cause for the message spamming. I wrote a better day/night cycling that will most likely resolve the bug if MistPhizzle merges the commit.

Snhnry

Verified Member
I think the nullpointer was caused by a world being unloaded thus becoming null, and since there were no null checks in the day/night cycling method I think that's the cause for the message spamming. I wrote a better day/night cycling that will most likely resolve the bug if MistPhizzle merges the commit.
That would be consistent with what was happening. Our bending world unloads when empty.

sehunpark

Verified Member
This has been fixed as of 1.3.0 BETA 8
This seems to still occur on my server with version 1.3.0 BETA 10. I never saw it when I had multiple bendings (Either a coincidence or some odd occasion.), but when I became a waterbender only, I was spammed by these messages on the client. Nothing in the console though.

SamuraiSnowman

Verified Member
This seems to still occur on my server with version 1.3.0 BETA 10. I never saw it when I had multiple bendings (Either a coincidence or some odd occasion.), but when I became a waterbender only, I was spammed by these messages on the client. Nothing in the console though.
We got a new code for it in BETA 10, that made it so it spams every night and day change.. I recommend removing the permissions for the message until the bug is fixed (That's what my server did).

HiddenCloud

Verified Member
The last person who reported this said that he got an error when the spamming occured, can you please provide the error, it can be helpful when fixing the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.