• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Suggestion Dark and Light Spirit Particles

owlcool

Verified Member
So I was basically thinking, Man, What could we do to make spirits easy to pick apart? Then a Brilliant idea hit me, Why not just use particles? So if you have any ideas for particles that could be used post down below. Here is a list of particles I found. http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Particles
Light Spirits: White Redstone, crit, bone meal particles that can be on happy villagers and on saplings when you use bonemeal on them, enchantmenttable, although I would reserve this for a wisdom spirit if there ever was one added @White_Knight28 , snowballpoof, explode, cloud, snowshovel, white clay breaking particles and white wool breaking particles.
Dark Spirits: black redstone, magiccrit, I know that there are potions programmed for every possibilty and that would include wither splash potions, maybe wither splash potions, smoke, largesmoke, portal, this may be a strech but it is still a possibility -}Angry villager, black clay breaking particles, black wool breaking particles, coal block breaking particles, and obsidian breaking particles.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Some of these could be used also for the spirit subtypes that I have suggested so far. Take a peek and see if you can match any up: Clicky

owlcool

Verified Member
Some of these could be used also for the spirit subtypes that I have suggested so far. Take a peek and see if you can match any up: Clicky
This is just basic matching input, and by no means complete.
Ocean: any water particle or thing like that really,
Swamp: slime particles
Moon: Snowball particles
Sun: yellow wool breaking particles
Animal: creeper could use explosion, endermen could be portal particles, etc.
Wisdom: Enchantmenttable particles
Helping: heart(You got better idea?)
Order: barrier
Chaos: purple redstone particles
Koh: AngryVillager
Chicken: White wool breaking particles
Cow: both white and black wool breaking particles
Zombie: a ugly green color, preferably around the head area, by ugly green I mean dark green, like dark green blocks have.
Skeleton: spawns a arrow entity every few seconds nearby.
Creeper: explosion particles
Guardian: needs work, but maybe something like fishing particles nearby.
Cave Spider: Splash potion poison particles

Last edited:

Gamzee

God Tier Member
Verified Member
My picks.
Light spirit - white-yellow redstone dust particles.
Dark spirit - dark purple redstone dust particles.

Dr_CrossFire

Verified Member
If you're talking about continuous particles around a player, that's not necessary, you can't tell a firebender from an earthbender apart without them bending too. If it's about the moves themselves, the devs have already stated they were planning on giving the moves of the different spirits white/yellow and black/purple particles.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
If you're talking about continuous particles around a player, that's not necessary, you can't tell a firebender from an earthbender apart without them bending too. If it's about the moves themselves, the devs have already stated they were planning on giving the moves of the different spirits white/yellow and black/purple particles.
/b w ?

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
It's Minecraft a computer game; lets have fun.

owlcool

Verified Member
Somehow I think the ways dark spirits looked compared to light spirits were more obvious then firebenders compared to non-benders.

Can you tell which one is a light spirit?

Can you easily tell which ones are non-benders?
Can you tell which one is a bender?

What about this time, can you tell who is a bender, by details other then their face?
Point being, we can't easily tell benders apart, but we can easily tell spirits apart.
Or, here is an example of an easy to tell dark spirit.

This is a easy to tell light spirit.

Spirits are way easier to tell if they are light or dark then it is benders or non-bender, why not represent this in the plugin?

Last edited:

Tenket

Verified Member
Thats spirits though. In the show you could tell spirits apart based on their appearance. They would look like spirits and different spirits would have different appearances. But minecraft makes everyone the same. Theres no obvious way to enforce an obvious difference between humans and spirits.

Not knowing what kind of bender someone is is fine. But knowing the guy in front of you could either bend a rock or do one of the billion crazy spirit things.....thats not ok.

So constant particles around a spirits feet would be pretty awesome. And necessary imo

Dr_CrossFire

Verified Member
Somehow I think the ways dark spirits looked compared to light spirits were more obvious then firebenders compared to non-benders.

Can you tell which one is a light spirit?

Can you easily tell which ones are non-benders?
Can you tell which one is a bender?

What about this time, can you tell who is a bender, by details other then their face?
Point being, we can't easily tell benders apart, but we can easily tell spirits apart.
Or, here is an example of an easy to tell dark spirit.

This is a easy to tell light spirit.

Spirits are way easier to tell if they are light or dark then it is benders or non-bender, why not represent this in the plugin?
Thats spirits though. In the show you could tell spirits apart based on their appearance. They would look like spirits and different spirits would have different appearances. But minecraft makes everyone the same. Theres no obvious way to enforce an obvious difference between humans and spirits.

Not knowing what kind of bender someone is is fine. But knowing the guy in front of you could either bend a rock or do one of the billion crazy spirit things.....thats not ok.

So constant particles around a spirits feet would be pretty awesome. And necessary imo
I did mean it's impossible to tell in Minecraft. I can have the skin of a firebender and be a waterbender, I can have a cheesy minecraft youtuber skin and be an earthbender. In the show you could distinguish certain benders from their clothes too, but it just doesn't work that way in Minecraft.

Certain aspects of the show just can't be canon with Minecraft simply because of balance, technical limitations and the likes. A flight move isn't as easy as just giving airbenders /fly, for obvious reasons. People change their skins all the time. I've never seen Superman bend fire too, but hey, apparently he does on our server.

There is literally no reason for giving spirits continuous particles around them, just like there is none for giving any to benders. You'll notice what kind of element or class a player picks depending on the moves they use, and the way they fight or move.

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree on this one.

owlcool

Verified Member
I did mean it's impossible to tell in Minecraft. I can have the skin of a firebender and be a waterbender, I can have a cheesy minecraft youtuber skin and be an earthbender. In the show you could distinguish certain benders from their clothes too, but it just doesn't work that way in Minecraft.

Certain aspects of the show just can't be canon with Minecraft simply because of balance, technical limitations and the likes. A flight move isn't as easy as just giving airbenders /fly, for obvious reasons. People change their skins all the time. I've never seen Superman bend fire too, but hey, apparently he does on our server.

There is literally no reason for giving spirits continuous particles around them, just like there is none for giving any to benders. You'll notice what kind of element or class a player picks depending on the moves they use, and the way they fight or move.

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree on this one.
There actually is reason, you just don't want to listen to reason. I somehow doubt that one or two particles every few seconds is going to cause much more lag then a fireblast, it would make sense to give something mystic like spirits something mystic like a small amount of particles, just to give a little pizzaz to the bending plugin. The worst case scenario: A couple days longer wait on rpg. Best case scenario: People actually really like how spirits are different from benders through particles, and we can tell a spirit apart from a bender semi-easily, comparable to asking why superman would look different from casper the ghost.

Last edited:

Moonelight

Verified Member
Despite what some might say, I think this idea gives a aspect to each type of spirit to be proud of. I support this and hope it makes it in.