• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Custom ability request: AvatarState needs particles!

EmeraldJelly

Verified Member
Sobki has a spiral-ish animation around a user in his Cleanse ability. Add that (but to the Avatar State user) PLUS the eye glow and it's done. Modify Sobki's a bit to your liking of course. It shouldn't be too much if you understand the math of it.
If I wasnt working on my current ability, i could do everything num just said in like 10 min.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
I agree with what num is saying. See yes everything cannot be perfect but we can come close to it. Like on activation the eyes glow for like 2 seconds, then a spiral like animation of particles (probably colored redstone particles) using the generalmethods display colored particle method, and some simple math similar to how mend works but just overhead and a smaller. Having some sea lantern follow you would be really annoying to me in my opinion.
Thought, sea lantern would actually simulate some light. The Glow always did. Remember Aang first time entering on command? The Crystals started glow from his eyes and tatoo light emission.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
But the avatar state just doesn't magically spawn a sea lantern.
Nor does seismic sense in the show, but you gotta think outside-the-box :) That's why I don't like the glowing "eyes" because I can use the same argument that it can't spawn on in a wrong spot of the eyes, and not on tatoots when the skin has them.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Seismic Sense is directed for player visibility while Avatar State is not, different purposes.
That doesn't deny the fact that it spawns them magically. And yes, I do want avatarstate to give visible sea lantern, since the point of the thread is for someone to code AvatarState to notify other players through aesthetic looks.

Sobki

Staff member
Lead Developer
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Sobki has a spiral-ish animation around a user in his Cleanse ability. Add that (but to the Avatar State user) PLUS the eye glow and it's done. Modify Sobki's a bit to your liking of course. It shouldn't be too much if you understand the math of it.
I did that for Cleanse? I didn't think it had particles, are you talking about Link?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk