• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Fixed CPU Taking a hit

Status
Not open for further replies.

ServerElementals

Verified Member
I noticed when I had orions plugin, it was my ram that took a hit ( which was all cool cause I have lots) but with this one its the CPU? And my TPS just plummets, sometimes to 4. And I run a nice server (Kimsufi KS-4).

• Which plugin you are using
  • Project Korra (the normal bending one)
  • Which version of the plugin you are using (Can be found with /bending version)
  • v1.2.0
Here are my timings: http://aikar.co/timings.php?url=7928454

Elzoz

Verified Member
lol i cant even get the damage to work BUT i have noticed the use shockwave can have a major hit on the cpu, especally when you have avatarstate on and just spam it *_* i think after spammming it like 10 in 3 sec it hit my 3 gig ram server up to 80-100% cpu usage and the shockwave skill was blocklagging and sending out 5 times the amount bit wise and also making them stay in the iar :s (hope this helps abit :3)

ServerElementals

Verified Member
lol i cant even get the damage to work BUT i have noticed the use shockwave can have a major hit on the cpu, especally when you have avatarstate on and just spam it *_* i think after spammming it like 10 in 3 sec it hit my 3 gig ram server up to 80-100% cpu usage and the shockwave skill was blocklagging and sending out 5 times the amount bit wise and also making them stay in the iar :s (hope this helps abit :3)
Oh ok thanks for the help
I've also noticed now if a few people leave the game at the same time my tps drops to 13, and 5 minutes later recovers to 18.9

SamuraiSnowman

Verified Member
My server hasn't had any long lasting TPS drops, but a few options are as follows:
  • Lowering the radius of water/air bubble. (Something around 4 radius)
  • Don't spam shockwave in avatarstate.
  • You can also disable moves that cause lag if you like, such as shockwave or fireburst.
  • When you get a big drop and it doesn't recover, do "/bending toggle all" and wait for the TPS to rise back up

sehunpark

Verified Member
I have a Virtual Dedicated Server hosted by NFOservers and it's the four core plan. I would have to say that while they are also a reliable and well-performing company, I tend to get lag when people begin to bend. My TPS would go from a solid 20 down to a depressing 4 most of the time. If I do "/b toggle all" (Remove quotes.) within a minute, my TPS goes back up to 20. This is the fourth method that zmeduna mentioned.

jacklin213

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I have a Virtual Dedicated Server hosted by NFOservers and it's the four core plan. I would have to say that while they are also a reliable and well-performing company, I tend to get lag when people begin to bend. My TPS would go from a solid 20 down to a depressing 4 most of the time. If I do "/b toggle all" (Remove quotes.) within a minute, my TPS goes back up to 20. This is the fourth method that zmeduna mentioned.
Yeh the CPU usage is a bit high right now since we are throwing all our tasks into one task. I'll talk this over with the des and see what we can do

OmniCypher

Staff member
Lead Developer
Administrator
Plugin Developer
Marked as fixed due to beta 13's recent performance improvements and this posts outdated-ness.

Status
Not open for further replies.