• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Valid Community Moderator Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamuraiSnowman

Verified Member
Why do you want to be a moderator for ProjectKorra?
I would like to be a moderator on the ProjectKorra site because I am tired of the blatant rule breaking that goes on. People are constantly attacking eachother, in ways that do not reflect the values of ProjectKorra. I've been with this community for a long time (I am member #32), and I have seen how it has grown. I want to help the growth of the community, and help to secure the cleanliness of the forums.

What prior community moderating experience do you have?
I may lack a variety in my community moderating experience, but I make up for it in the amount of time that I invested into each community I placed my experience into.
My first moderating experience was way back when I started MineCraft, I was basically an admin for hire. I had met a bunch of people on a large skyblock server (Let's call it SkyServer). On SkyServer, people would constantly be flaming in chat and the like, that of which I reported to the staff. After people saw that I was responsible, they brought me onto their servers to set it up, and to help build their staff community. Through this process I met cats10112.
Cats ran a small server, that of which he wanted to have be as large and great as 'SkyServer'. I helped him with this goal by managing his website and helping him deal with players. After awhile, cats had the server down and I moved on to my largest moderating experience yet. Runefist's server (#NoAdvertising2K15).
On runefist's server, I quickly made my way to to the top of the staff system, and from there I managed the forums and server alongside Rune and Jokem. You can ask anyone that actually knew what I did for the community, and they will tell you that I invested my time and effort into making the community great.

What relevant skills do you have to moderating a forum/community?
I have various skills that make me a good candidate for being a moderator, one of which is being cool-minded. I've never felt the need to explode at anyone over the internet. The people I deal with may be angry, but I respond with a calm tone that isn't going to aggravate them. Of course I have times where I enjoy playing with them, but I never am there to actually hurt the player. I know what it is like to have had someone attack you through the internet, and I promise not to let it happen to anyone else. PLUS: I'm always happy to help others :)
Another skill I have is my organization skills. Everything I have on the internet is organized into folders of like things, and as staff on servers I have always kept good record of punishments and warnings people have received.

Which time zones could you cover?

Due to the fact I have school, a job and other activities, I can cover the evening of Central Standard Time. (I think this is GMT-6/7)

Thank you for reading/considering my application! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.