• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Charging waterwave

Status
Not open for further replies.

NickC1211

Verified Member
Waterwave as it is now is that you grab the water let it spin for a second then release to go. I think that it should be more complex then that. When you choose your source and the water is spinning around you the longer you let it charge the further/faster you can go. Also maybe the water could actually speed up while its spinning around you. I think that this isn't op because if you want to go a long distance it's going to take time to charge.

Example in the show:

Thank you for reading tell me what you think :D

TheWaterChief

Staff member
Bug Tester
Verified Member
Waterbenders easily run away now. Waterbenders now with a WaterWave, that don't have cooldown. The Waterbenders like Airbenders . Trust me, it really is.

NickC1211

Verified Member
Waterbenders easily run away now. Waterbenders now with a WaterWave, that don't have cooldown. The Waterbenders like Airbenders . Trust me, it really is.
There is no need for another cooldown besides the one that already exists because you have to charge up this move to go anywhere far. So while they are charging it you have the chance to attack.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
I can disagree on that. WaterSpout('s Wave) is the least mobile move than of its airbending counterparts (airblast, airscooter), due to the chargetime and possible length (haven't really tested its travelling distance with the comparation of the airbending one's, so I can't make a valid point on that).

In terms of its cooldown, I had just now checked if it actually had one as an tweakable adjuster in the config.yml file, how I claimed it to have. I found out that it doesn't have, so it should a must-have thing!

TheWaterChief

Staff member
Bug Tester
Verified Member
There is no need for another cooldown besides the one that already exists because you have to charge up this move to go anywhere far. So while they are charging it you have the chance to attack.
Now at many servers charging waterwave is 500. It is just nothing.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Now at many servers charging waterwave is 500. It is just nothing.
It is just nothing? I think you're bluffing. Now if you still think that you can convince us that waterspout is one of the fastest mobility technique of all the other elements, provide us this visual (video footage) evidence:

Have 4 different benders that is a waterbending, airbender, firebender, earthbender line up, in one block space apart from each other (to leave it fair, an exception goes for an earthbender to be 2 blocks away from the bender(s)). Cover the area with fence (while the benders are in that area). While all of the benders are allied at the start line, tell all of them to go rushing towards the finish line after the countdown, using only their respective travelling ability (AirBlast/AirScooter, Firejet, EarthSmash (for it to function proparly, the user will have to have 3x3 width racing space as an exception), WaterSpout). Make sure all of the conditions are met for each bender to succesfully performer this ability (a waterbender has his bendable source ready and selected, earthbender with their own elemental surface, ignitable ground for fireB. ect.). All benders begin the race without charging (those that need to) their ability before the race. All of them must go in a straight line, all of them in a same direction.

I guarantee, that a waterbender wouldn't outrun an airbender by any chance in this present condition after the outcome of this race.

TheWaterChief

Staff member
Bug Tester
Verified Member
It is just nothing? I think you're bluffing. Now if you still think that you can convince us that waterspout is one of the fastest mobility technique of all the other elements, provide us this visual (video footage) evidence:

Have 4 different benders that is a waterbending, airbender, firebender, earthbender line up, in one block space apart from each other (to leave it fair, an exception goes for an earthbender to be 2 blocks away from the bender(s)). Cover the area with fence (while the benders are in that area). While all of the benders are allied at the start line, tell all of them to go rushing towards the finish line after the countdown, using only their respective travelling ability (AirBlast/AirScooter, Firejet, EarthSmash (for it to function proparly, the user will have to have 3x3 width racing space as an exception), WaterSpout). Make sure all of the conditions are met for each bender to succesfully performer this ability (a waterbender has his bendable source ready and selected, earthbender with their own elemental surface, ignitable ground for fireB. ect.). All benders begin the race without charging (those that need to) their ability before the race. All of them must go in a straight line, all of them in a same direction.

I guarantee, that a waterbender wouldn't outrun an airbender by any chance in this present condition after the outcome of this race.
I had something else in mind. WaterWave has no cooldown between uses. I can do WaterWave and then use again instantly. I think this has to go.

Hero

Verified Member
@Andrey_Frolov @Meskenas-Chi_Blockeris
I hope you two realize that Water is second to being the slowest. Water for the most part has to constantly control everything so we can't have multiple things going on at once most of the time. Adding a cooldown would be redundant and would ruin the purpose of WaterWave in the first place. WaterWave is already slow because in this version, we have to charge it to go any where far. And since we are riding water, it's still somewhat slow.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
First is Earth? I think some servers would like to change the cooldown of it, so it would be fair for them If they like to for whatever reason.

NickC1211

Verified Member
@Andrey_Frolov @Meskenas-Chi_Blockeris
I hope you two realize that Water is second to being the slowest. Water for the most part has to constantly control everything so we can't have multiple things going on at once most of the time. Adding a cooldown would be redundant and would ruin the purpose of WaterWave in the first place. WaterWave is already slow because in this version, we have to charge it to go any where far. And since we are riding water, it's still somewhat slow.
I agree it's already pretty slow and with the cooldown it becomes pretty much useless. In the time that it takes to do one Waterwave the wait for the cooldown to do another, you could have just ran that distance.

Status
Not open for further replies.