• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Charging moves (new concept)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unionjackjz1

Verified Member
Um, doesnt this encourage spamming?
It would encourage spamming. But. because it would be doing less damage, I think it would be fine.

I wrote what I said above then thought about this:

Lets say that EarthSmash is configured to this: (These are random numbers)
Lowest Charge Damage: 1
Medium Charge Damage: 3
Highest Charge Damage: 5

So, this could be done in 2 ways. (When I say time, I'm only using the charge time. I'm not taking in any extra time humans create)

1. I could spam the Lowest Charge 3 times, that would take the same time as it would be to do the medium damage. And same Medium -> Highest

2. If I were to spam the Lowest Charge 3 times, it would be quicker/slower than doing Medium once. And same Medium -> Highest.

So, yes, it would encourage spamming. But if #1 we would be fine.
(I quickly thought of all of this, so sorry for any mistakes in this or if this makes no sense)

promancer

Verified Member
It would encourage spamming. But. because it would be doing less damage, I think it would be fine.

I wrote what I said above then thought about this:

Lets say that EarthSmash is configured to this: (These are random numbers)
Lowest Charge Damage: 1
Medium Charge Damage: 3
Highest Charge Damage: 5

So, this could be done in 2 ways. (When I say time, I'm only using the charge time. I'm not taking in any extra time humans create)

1. I could spam the Lowest Charge 3 times, that would take the same time as it would be to do the medium damage. And same Medium -> Highest

2. If I were to spam the Lowest Charge 3 times, it would be quicker/slower than doing Medium once. And same Medium -> Highest.

So, yes, it would encourage spamming. But if #1 we would be fine.
(I quickly thought of all of this, so sorry for any mistakes in this or if this makes no sense)
Sorry, i dont think this should be added. (Atleast for water)

Reasons Why:
1. Water is the element of change, so transfering momentum by using different moves goes in hand. Encouraging using torrent over and over again doesnt sound much like in waters nature.
2. Water isnt shown to just get more and more powerful as they attack. I could see this and the logic for earth as it is shown in the series. (I think correct me if im wrong)
3. This massively nerfs player made combos and just using charged moves in general, to have to spam a move for it actually to be useful sounds ridiculous to me.

Unionjackjz1

Verified Member
Sorry, i dont think this should be added. (Atleast for water)

Reasons Why:
1. Water is the element of change, so transfering momentum by using different moves goes in hand. Encouraging using torrent over and over again doesnt sound much like in waters nature.
2. Water isnt shown to just get more and more powerful as they attack. I could see this and the logic for earth as it is shown in the series. (I think correct me if im wrong)
So, for water, thats a little different. I was talking about earth. As I said, I thought of it quickly. I think your right on the water thing, but there should still be some sort of change in range/power. This system would need to be differed for each element because of this.

I wouldn't want someone spamming airburst or fireburst, so this would need to be different for each element to maintain a balance between the elements to make sure no element is "OverPowered" where someone who doesn't know how to use it can kill everything and everyone.

I think the concept of this suggestion is great and should be implemented, but it might not maintain balance because of it. So it would be something cool to try out, but it might not work out. I hope it can be implemented!

promancer

Verified Member
So, for water, thats a little different. I was talking about earth. As I said, I thought of it quickly. I think your right on the water thing, but there should still be some sort of change in range/power. This system would need to be differed for each element because of this.

I wouldn't want someone spamming airburst or fireburst, so this would need to be different for each element to maintain a balance between the elements to make sure no element is "OverPowered" where someone who doesn't know how to use it can kill everything and everyone.

I think the concept of this suggestion is great and should be implemented, but it might not maintain balance because of it. So it would be something cool to try out, but it might not work out. I hope it can be implemented!
Almost all element was fluid in its field, spamming wasnt common because there was always a way to constantly block and strike you while attacking eventually. This is not true for pk. With this suggestion moves like earthsmash, as its range and length will increase each time its used, which even while configurable is considerably op. Earth waits for its opportunity to strike, it doesnt constantly attack until it hits.

Unionjackjz1

Verified Member
Almost all element was fluid in its field, spamming wasnt common because there was always a way to constantly block and strike you while attacking eventually. This is not true for pk. With this suggestion moves like earthsmash, as its range and length will increase each time its used, which even while configurable is considerably op. Earth waits for its opportunity to strike, it doesnt constantly attack until it hits.
Any person who doesn't know how to bend will "Constantly attack until it hits". Any good bender (Or someone who knows how to use PK) would wait and attack. So dealing with the occasional spammer might not be so bad, because you are implying that everyone who spams is terrible.

And if everyone waits for an opportunity to attack, it would be boring. We would be fighting the same types of people. Thats just a personal opinion, but it would be really boring for everyone to wait and attack. I'd like to be in an arena with people who use pk differently, so I fight against people of different "Styles" (I have no idea what to call a ProjectKorra fighting style).

promancer

Verified Member
Any person who doesn't know how to bend will "Constantly attack until it hits". Any good bender (Or someone who knows how to use PK) would wait and attack. So dealing with the occasional spammer might not be so bad, because you are implying that everyone who spams is terrible.

And if everyone waits for an opportunity to attack, it would be boring. We would be fighting the same types of people. Thats just a personal opinion, but it would be really boring for everyone to wait and attack. I'd like to be in an arena with people who use pk differently, so I fight against people of different "Styles" (I have no idea what to call a ProjectKorra fighting style).
And that is why we have sub elements. So they differ from the original style and dont neccessarily follow the originals rules.

Unionjackjz1

Verified Member
And that is why we have sub elements. So they differ from the original style and dont neccessarily follow the originals rules.
I was reading back at our entire conversation, we somehow got completely off topic xD It was a good debate, but lets get back on the topic of the actual thread :p

(I really like debates when they don't turn into arguments, so feel free to message me anytime to debate about absolutely anything. I never said I was good at it, I said I liked to :p)

promancer

Verified Member
I was reading back at our entire conversation, we somehow got completely off topic xD It was a good debate, but lets get back on the topic of the actual thread :p

(I really like debates when they don't turn into arguments, so feel free to message me anytime to debate about absolutely anything. I never said I was good at it, I said I liked to :p)
We are on task.

Rain Drop

Verified Member
Love this idea. I think it would work well with earthtunnel.

While the current earthtunnel is nice for mining, it's far from what was used in the show. It also isn't practical to use mid-combat if you're trying to get underground to pop up somewhere else. Right now the move is like someone digging away at the ground, whereas in the show, (GIFs below) you can see it's more like a shove, which creates a tunnel in the earth.

Here is what I propose:

Shift use: (uses charging concept)
The player would hold shift to charge, and then simply release. Any earthbendable block would be pushed back with rapid force in whatever direction the player is looking in.

aangearthtunnel.gif tophearthtunnel.gif

Click use:
The click use would be the same as the current earthtunnel, but instead of holding shift it would simply require the player to click. This would also have a configurable cooldown, to avoid spamming.

Config:
  • 3 configurable charge times
  • how far the earthtunnel goes (for each different charge)
  • speed of the earthtunnel
  • cooldown (click use)

The reason for using the charge concept would simply be for use. Different charge times would allow earthtunnel a variety of uses depending on the situation. (example: pvp, survival, etc)

gangksta

Verified Member
Love this idea. I think it would work well with earthtunnel.

While the current earthtunnel is nice for mining, it's far from what was used in the show. It also isn't practical to use mid-combat if you're trying to get underground to pop up somewhere else. Right now the move is like someone digging away at the ground, whereas in the show, (GIFs below) you can see it's more like a shove, which creates a tunnel in the earth.

Here is what I propose:

Shift use: (uses charging concept)
The player would hold shift to charge, and then simply release. Any earthbendable block would be pushed back with rapid force in whatever direction the player is looking in.

View attachment 1811 View attachment 1812

Click use:
The click use would be the same as the current earthtunnel, but instead of holding shift it would simply require the player to click. This would also have a configurable cooldown, to avoid spamming.

Config:
  • 3 configurable charge times
  • how far the earthtunnel goes (for each different charge)
  • speed of the earthtunnel
  • cooldown (click use)

The reason for using the charge concept would simply be for use. Different charge times would allow earthtunnel a variety of uses depending on the situation. (example: pvp, survival, etc)
Solid representation of this concept in action (imo).

Status
Not open for further replies.