• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied Change to Tornado

Status
Not open for further replies.

FearlessPie121

Verified Member
Element: Air

How it works/ controls: Tornado stays the same, but when an airbender hold shift to start making a tornado, he/ she can click left click and then the tornado will start enlarging and start to surround the bender (like airshield). This will block projectiles (not all, but most) (can be configured) Additionally, if an entity or player gets too close, they will get sucked into the tornado (players can bend out,so it wont be op. That means chi is the only ones screwed XD)

Bonus (this depends on the devs): When 2 or more airbenders perform this move, they will be in the middle of the tornado and this will cause the tornado to enlarge even more. This move is presented at 0:20 - 0:36 below

Last edited:

David

Verified Member
I like this move but I don't think it should be Tornado. I think it should be Air Shield, like somehow airbenders can right click each other and their air shield powers will increase together becoming mutually stronger.

FearlessPie121

Verified Member
I like this move but I don't think it should be Tornado. I think it should be Air Shield, like somehow airbenders can right click each other and their air shield powers will increase together becoming mutually stronger.
Yeah, but this was based on tornado. For now tornado is only used for twister and spouting on it. I wanted to improve tornado without making EXTREME changes. I just wanted to make it useful. Your "airshield" suggestion is good, but i wanted to keep this torndao-based. When i meant "shield" i didnt mean like AirShield Strength. My suggestion wasnt meant to be based on shields. It was meant to be based on making a larger tornado while blocking projectiles.

David

Verified Member
Yeah, but this was based on tornado. For now tornado is only used for twister and spouting on it. I wanted to improve tornado without making EXTREME changes. I just wanted to make it useful. Your "airshield" suggestion is good, but i wanted to keep this torndao-based. When i meant "shield" i didnt mean like AirShield Strength. My suggestion wasnt meant to be based on shields. It was meant to be based on making a larger tornado while blocking projectiles.
In the video it takes the form of a Tornado but acts as an incredibly strong Air Shield, so then that makes me want to suggest an Air Shield and Tornado Air Combo.

Although I'm not against an extra use for Tornado.

FearlessPie121

Verified Member
In the video it takes the form of a Tornado but acts as an incredibly strong Air Shield, so then that makes me want to suggest an Air Shield and Tornado Air Combo.

Although I'm not against an extra use for Tornado.
Like i said, an airshield update would be great and all, but its good enough as it is and useful too. That's why i want to focus this move on tornado ;D

paliate

Verified Member
The way i see it, It should be tornado because if it was airshield it would look too much like tornado.
Even though tornado is quite useless and this would probably make it more interesting, and i personally would love this to be added to tornado, I feel as though you guys should come up with another use for it so that it's not just a fancier airshield.

How about blocks from around the player (like sand and whatnot) start rising with the tornado and as they fall and hit the player(s) it causes them damage.

FearlessPie121

Verified Member
The way i see it, It should be tornado because if it was airshield it would look too much like tornado.
Even though tornado is quite useless and this would probably make it more interesting, and i personally would love this to be added to tornado, I feel as though you guys should come up with another use for it so that it's not just a fancier airshield.

How about blocks from around the player (like sand and whatnot) start rising with the tornado and as they fall and hit the player(s) it causes them damage.
Great idea! But it depends on the devs. Like I've said i dont want it to be airshield. I just want it to be a enlarged tornado that surrounds the airbender while blocking most (not all) projectiles.

Kiam

Verified Member
This is just an OP airshield. I like the concept of it, but in practice it would be way too powerful for PVP. It would soon turn into a nuisance.

Status
Not open for further replies.