• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Bottlebending

Status
Not open for further replies.

Covellite

Verified Member
When it is a full moon, a waterbender's surge-shield is very large. If you use a bottle to create that surge-shield, it will be the same size as if you were to create it from an ocean. This is not possible, as the bottle is very small compared to a lake or ocean.

My suggestion is that when you use a bottle to water-bend, it will be weaker than if you were to water-bend from an ocean.

For example, if you select a water source and use surge-shield, the shield will have the normal size it always had. But if you use a bottle to create the surge-shield, it will be smaller, as it is from a bottle. Or if you use regular surge, the wave would be smaller.

Last edited:

Covellite

Verified Member
i would prefer torrent should to. It shouldn't release a gigantic wave and only should be capable of being launched as a projectile.
Better read mine or oters, as they aremuch detailed implying with all the abilities being changed, and not just surge,
This Concept was once again re-suggested. Please let this die!
I'm very sorry, I searched "Bottlebending" but couldn't find any of those posts. I'll be sure to read them!

I don't know about letting all abilities be weakened, as it is just the size of the bottle that affects the waterbender.

HydroMan

Verified Member
I'm very sorry, I searched "Bottlebending" but couldn't find any of those posts. I'll be sure to read them!

I don't know about letting all abilities be weakened, as it is just the size of the bottle that affects the waterbender.
Yea, but we don't actually what the actual size of the water bottle could be. The Link between the size of a water skin and a waterbottle seem to differ. For balancing purposes, I think we can consider the bottle size to be of a water skin, for allowing a waterbender to form the shield, which would be the size of her/his body (like how Unalaq manage to block Mako's fireblast from one only available water source next to him - his pouch)

Green

Verified Member
Hydro man it is a rule to not always say "This has already been suggested.", and by the way it is very annoying to see someone say it on every post.

HydroMan

Verified Member
Hydro man it is a rule to not always say "This has already been suggested.", and by the way it is very annoying to see someone say it on every post.
Rule? There is no rule for that! Idk what you are saying, but it you find that annoying than click the report buton on my that comment (and especally I really urge you to if you think it's a rule that Im breaking it) or just deal with my annoyance.

HydroMan

Verified Member
Its a shame we cant report ppl for being annoying...
Nobody said that you couldn't atleast try :p

P.S. Those suggestions were really already suggested. I can direct to you to them so that you can believe I'm not trying to be a troll or anything.

RobagNetwork

Verified Member
Maybe just the size and range of whatever bottlebending move you're doing will be altered - not the damage or cooldown. Like, if a Torrent is coming from a bottle, it should spin around the waterbender more closely than normal, use half water blocks instead of full ones (like at the end of WaterManipulations), at have about 2/3 or 3/4 of the range it would normally have. Maybe its drag wouldn't be as powerful or its speed. And the ice it could potentially create wouldn't be as large. And on full moons, the bottlebending moves could rise to be the size and shape of normal waterbending moves (without the full moon augmentation).
WaterManipulation is fine except it could stand to be cut to a smaller water block and have about half of its normal range, so you're making more tiny razors of water than blocks.
OctopusForm could be pulled in towards the player a block or two, that's about it.
Surge can be made a lot smaller and its push can be decreased by about half of its normal value.
Hope you like these concepts!

Last edited:

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
That's a very genius idea. However, this should come with a boolean option in configuration file, whenever the possessor of the server decides to have this change turned on or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.