• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Better Move Interactions

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperBower118

Verified Member
Alright, I think this is something desperately needed.
One of the faults in the bending plugin is that there isn't much realism when it comes to move vs move. For example, a waterbender can throw a simple watermanipulation at my charged fireblast and they'll nullify each other. So let's just cut to the chase already.

Charged Fireblast will overpower WaterManipulation, IceSpike, IceBlast, EarthBlast, and a Simple AirSwipe. It will also overpower any type of spout. (Because currently, a charged fireblast just fades away in a waterspout and does nothing in an airspout)

Charged Fireblast will weaken EarthSmash. Before and after provided below

Charged FireBlast will nullify with a Charged Airswipe. It will leave a small splash of flames (nothing more than what a fireblast would leave on the ground) on the ground where they both nullified.

Fireburst will overpower any type of FireBlast, EarthBlast, WaterManipulation, IceSpike, IceBlast, and Airswipe

Fireburst (Sphere) will weaken Airburst (Sphere)

FireBurst (Cone) will nullify a small section of Airburst (Sphere)

FireBurst (Cone) will nullify EarthSmash

FireBurst will overpower any type of freezing around them (Torrent Freeze or WaterArms Freeze)

Fireburst will overpower any type of surge shield

EarthSmash will overpower any type of surge shield

This is about all I can think of for now. Think I'm a bit biased towards fire? You may say so, but I'm only giving logic to bending and justice to the fact that a lot of moves that should normally be more powerful than a different move.

Green

Verified Member
This is a very biased thread and if it's going to be considered do a list of all the elements and there moves and how they interact.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Yeah, but he made some valid points that are logical true. I probably agree with all of it, except FireBurst vs Freeze. I'm fine with HeatControl doing its job alone. Although, maybe fireburst could explode only part of the frozen dome. Otherwise, it should do nothing.

SuperBower118

Verified Member
This is a very biased thread and if it's going to be considered do a list of all the elements and there moves and how they interact.
Believe it or not, most of the other moves actually interact pretty decently. For example, Airswipe vs WaterManip makes sense. Fireblast (normal) vs AirSwipe makes sense. The only thing that really doesn't make sense is the fact that Tornado and AirBurst do nothing to EarthSmash, but if that were to be implemented, then EarthSmash would basically be useless against airbenders.

SuperBower118

Verified Member
Yeah, but he made some valid points that are logical true. I probably agree with all of it, except FireBurst vs Freeze. I'm fine with HeatControl doing its job alone. Although, maybe fireburst could explode only part of the frozen dome. Otherwise, it should do nothing.
Where I got that idea from was when Zuko basically exploded the entire ice dome that Katara enclasped him in in the Book 1 Finale. Considering it was the North Pole, and Zuko had been swimming ice artic waters, taken a beating, I came to the conclusion that a move of such a caliber as FireBurst would have the same effect as Zuko's Explosion out of the Ice Prison he was in.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
then EarthSmash would basically be useless against airbenders.
With AIrburst, not really, it wouldn't. They both require chargetime, so one of them will have to be quick to charge and launch their attack before other one does.
Where I got that idea from was when Zuko basically exploded the entire ice dome that Katara enclasped him in in the Book 1 Finale. Considering it was the North Pole, and Zuko had been swimming ice artic waters, taken a beating, I came to the conclusion that a move of such a caliber as FireBurst would have the same effect as Zuko's Explosion out of the Ice Prison he was in.
Same, hahah.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
The EarthSmash provided in the picture on the right side should be changed: in front remove the block and place one behind it. Yours someone looks out of place, because it seems the block infront appeared out of nowhere.

SuperBower118

Verified Member
With AIrburst, not really, it wouldn't. They both require chargetime, so one of them will have to be quick to charge and launch their attack before other one does.
Not exactly, the falling airburst requires no charge time and can be done easily with airblast jumping and using airburst to launch yourself back to the ground.

Also

This is what the "Element of Power" should be. Right now, it's anything but that because petty moves such as AirSwipe can just stop a charged fireblast dead in it's tracks.

SuperBower118

Verified Member
The EarthSmash provided in the picture on the right side should be changed: in front remove the block and place one behind it. Yours someone looks out of place, because it seems the block infront appeared out of nowhere.
I more or less wanted to give EarthSmash an inverted look, but I understand what you're saying.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Don't know if you notice this last reply, because you typed yours one second after I did mine vvvv
Now... crap, I forgot what I wanted to say :|||| Ah yes, now I remember. Since heatcontrol sometimes lags and does not respond, I can agree on the alternative way on exiting the freeze, via fireburst boom!

xNuminousx

Verified Member
it would be cool if: You were trapped in a Torrent ice sphere. You were to charge the fireburst and when you released then the ice around you would explode similarly to how Fire Comet explodes the ground and blocks fly everywhere. This would be toggle-able in the configuration of Fire Burst.

SuperBower118

Verified Member
I'd like to bring this up again, mainly because like I stated above, this is pretty much needed in the plugin. Why?
Because it's not exactly fair or logical to have to charge up a fireburst all the way only to have ONE airbender airswipe you when you release the burst and then it's just... gone.
I don't care if this is necroposting, this is needed and I feel like this has been ignored.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
If the user is on full/high health, I think its reasonable it should not stop. Going to off-topic, I think airburst dome should only work when the user is at least 6.5 health.

TheWaterChief

Staff member
Bug Tester
Verified Member
When attacking the Northern water tribe Pukku told his players to aim - fire stone to stop it. They stopped this attack. So it is true that watermanipulation stops fireblast, that's my opinion. You can once again watch the episode.

SuperBower118

Verified Member
When attacking the Northern water tribe Pukku told his players to aim - fire stone to stop it. They stopped this attack. So it is true that watermanipulation stops fireblast, that's my opinion. You can once again watch the episode.
That was a herd of Waterbenders and that was a flaming stone, not an actual FireBlast and it was stopped by a giant spike / wall of ice, not a watermanipulation. If a charged fireblast is so explosive, why should one smallish water obstruction COMPLETELY stop it?

BryanPlays

Verified Member
Meh. Still, stronger blasts and streams of fire have been seen to overpower smaller blasts of water, so I don't see why a charged fireblast should get blocked by a watermanip.
It shouldn't, in the ATLA series Azula used a sort of fireburst to get rid of a giant source of water (the size of another fireburst). So a charged fireblast should overpower so many water moves. Manip, icespike, get rid of both a torrent and the charged fireblast, get rid of both a surge and the charged fireblast. Waterwave should completely overpower charged fireblast, but not icewave.

Status
Not open for further replies.