• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Bug Report Bending Removes when someone relogs?

Unionjackjz1

Verified Member
Which plugin you are using - We are using ProjectKorra (Core)

Which version of the plugin you are using

A detailed description of the bug you found
- When someone picks their bending from our server signs (Our commands used will be listed below) they have that bending they picked. But when a non-op logs off then logs back in, they loose their bending.

This might be the way I did the ServerSigns, but I'm not sure. Here is a link to the ServerSign that chooses bending: http://pastebin.com/tWm0qn12

I am using /svs add <server> /bending ch <player> (Element) when maybe I should be using /svs add [p:bending.admin] /bending ch <player> (Element). That was the first thing that came to mind that could be messing this up.

Thanks for helping!

~Union

Mist

Staff member
Administrator
Please use /bending debug and paste it on http://pastie.org -- Report it back to here.

Also, if you could, provide any sort of error logs generated by ProjectKorra if applicable. Thanks for bringing this to our attention!

Unionjackjz1

Verified Member
So is this just me? Or is this a ProjectKorra bug? Because I need to figure out how to fix it, its a pretty major thing to be a ProjectKorra bug, but I'd still like to know if it is you are me.

Thanks for helping me out!

jedk1

In your log, it says you give the player their element, then remove it right away, is this intentional?

Unionjackjz1

Verified Member
My server signs remove serversigns.use.air first, and because it does that first, it goes to the console first. So it removes their bending, then gives them bending.

jedk1

Does this still happen if you manually give them the element then they relog? Also are you using MySQL or SQLite?

Unionjackjz1

Verified Member
I don't know how to use MySQL or SQLite, a lot of people have been telling me to at least look into it and I haven't really done it.

And I just tested it - When someone picked their bending through the signs, they loose their bending when they relog. But when I choose someones bending and they relog, they don't loose their bending.

Last edited:

Unionjackjz1

Verified Member
I just tested changing a sign to /svs add [p:bending.admin] /bending ch <player> (Element) instead of doing <Server>, but the same thing happened. I thought it would work because the player would be changing their bending instead of console. I logged off/on (Testing with my alt) and I lost my bending.

Unionjackjz1

Verified Member
So is this just me or an actual problem? I really need to fixed soon because I'm busy and I can't play much, so it would be greatly appreciated if someone could help me out and help me fix this problem.

Thank you!!!

xDizasterCYx

Verified Member
I was having the same problem until I updated my PK to full 1.7.0, or maybe it resets the player bending because they have abilities that have been removed from your folder, try to switch databases to see or I recommend you to remove PK Signs and use a Command Sign plugin. Simply done.

jedk1

if you use it, then do /b reload instead of the player relogging, do they lose it then too?

Unionjackjz1

Verified Member
I was having the same problem until I updated my PK to full 1.7.0, or maybe it resets the player bending because they have abilities that have been removed from your folder, try to switch databases to see or I recommend you to remove PK Signs and use a Command Sign plugin. Simply done.
I don't want to switch to command signs as I already know how to use server signs and I don't think that server signs is causing the problem. I am on 1.7.0 and I have no idea how to switch databases.

if you use it, then do /b reload instead of the player relogging, do they lose it then too?
Yes, the player does still loose their bending. So its with PK reloading itself.

I have no idea how this could be fixed, or what specifically is causing it. So any help I get is really helpful.

Thanks!!!

Unionjackjz1

Verified Member
I just read what you said (Again) and I saw that you said A Command Sign plugin, not CommandSigns. Sorry about that misunderstanding. I use ServerSigns and have used ServerSigns.

I'm running ProjectKorra 1.7.0.

What do you mean by "Removed from your folder"?

How can I switch databases?

Sorry for the questions, just wanted to clarify some things you said!

xDizasterCYx

Verified Member
I just read what you said (Again) and I saw that you said A Command Sign plugin, not CommandSigns. Sorry about that misunderstanding. I use ServerSigns and have used ServerSigns.

I'm running ProjectKorra 1.7.0.

What do you mean by "Removed from your folder"?

How can I switch databases?

Sorry for the questions, just wanted to clarify some things you said!

Go to config.yml
Find where it says MySQL database, fill the lines and you are done :D

StrangeOne101

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Can you please post your permissions file? I think you might just have permission problems.

(Talked to him in the shoutbox. Bending stays if chosen with commands as an op. Just doesn't work with ServerSigns. Probably a permission thing :p )

Unionjackjz1

Verified Member
Can you please post your permissions file? I think you might just have permission problems.

(Talked to him in the shoutbox. Bending stays if chosen with commands as an op. Just doesn't work with ServerSigns. Probably a permission thing :p )
I added perms like you said, and nothing.

When an op chooses their bending through signs, they loose their bending when they relog. Everyone looses their bending when they relog. But you don't loose your bending when it is chosen manually.

I don't think it is a permissions thing because it happens with ops, but here is my permission file - http://pastie.org/10355928

Thanks for helping, been really helpful! (To everyone who has replied)

StrangeOne101

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I added perms like you said, and nothing.

When an op chooses their bending through signs, they loose their bending when they relog. Everyone looses their bending when they relog. But you don't loose your bending when it is chosen manually.

I don't think it is a permissions thing because it happens with ops, but here is my permission file - http://pastie.org/10355928

Thanks for helping, been really helpful! (To everyone who has replied)
Hmm, ok. My bad.

Could we perhaps see the commands/features on the serversigns then?