• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
So there was a thread a while back for avatarcombos, and I have thought of another one.
Name: Shocktopus
Elements: Lightning/water
How used: [Shift] (lightning) > Select water source with octoform > Hold shift like normal with octoform
Description: Very simple, it's normal octopusform but electrified. Would have a chance of paralyzing the opponent when hit which would allow for more hits on the opponent.

Thanks for reading! Post suggestions!

DanStryder

Verified Member
It ain't canon but Damn that sounds cool!

Only thing I can see wrong is that the lightning would be able to shock you too... Trying using lightning on an incoming torrent or on an octoupus form, the water bender can still be hit

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
This is one bender using it, so it would be directly applied to the water. As long as you don't touch the water you would be fine.

Janny

Verified Member
So there was a thread a while back for avatarcombos, and I have thought of another one.
Name: Shocktopus
Elements: Lightning/water
How used: [Shift] (lightning) > Select water source with octoform > Hold shift like normal with octoform
Description: Very simple, it's normal octopusform but electrified. Would have a chance of paralyzing the opponent when hit which would allow for more hits on the opponent.

Thanks for reading! Post suggestions!
You sir, are an evil genius! This is by far one of the best AvatarCombos i have EVER seen on here! Keep up the good work man!

DanStryder

Verified Member
I like the idea of you gotta be careful, no touching water and you're safe, so what you were attacked with torrent? I've seen lightning travel through torrent AND ice. You're pretty much screwed if you face a water bender.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I like the idea of you gotta be careful, no touching water and you're safe, so what you were attacked with torrent? I've seen lightning travel through torrent AND ice. You're pretty much screwed if you face a water bender.
Hopefully you don't try and just kill people with this move then xD

DanStryder

Verified Member
No no, I mean if someone attacks YOU whilst You are using this combo, the lightning will strike you, and if it's an AvatarState only move, it's pretty much your own death!

TheBlueSpirit

Verified Member
I've always wondered if Avatars can actually use Lightning, given that we've never seen it used by one other than when it was being redirected.

Kwesi

Verified Member
I've always wondered if Avatars can actually use Lightning, given that we've never seen it used by one other than when it was being redirected.
The bending ability of avatars is that of any other person, but to their own personal degree. Apart from avatar-specific techniques and abilities, avatars are no more or less capable than any other person by comparison; they just bend according to their own level of trained or innate skill, like everyone else.

Hit_Manx

Verified Member
I dunno man. An Avatar is still just one man, this would involve immense concentration to be performed if it was in the show. They would need to maintain the OctopusForm while then creating lightning and adding that to the Water, and you'd need to maintain the lightning in the water whilst still having to fight. I like the idea of AvatarCombos, and this does sound like a nice idea, but doesn't seem too logical. Maybe if it was a lightning infused Torrent, or just a move that doesn't need to be constantly maintained to use like Octopus form. Dunno if I explained that all to well but there you got xD

Kwesi

Verified Member
I dunno man. An Avatar is still just one man, this would involve immense concentration to be performed if it was in the show. They would need to maintain the OctopusForm while then creating lightning and adding that to the Water, and you'd need to maintain the lightning in the water whilst still having to fight. I like the idea of AvatarCombos, and this does sound like a nice idea, but doesn't seem too logical. Maybe if it was a lightning infused Torrent, or just a move that doesn't need to be constantly maintained to use like Octopus form. Dunno if I explained that all to well but there you got xD
Hm...you make a fair point. Lightning Generation and Octopus Form both require a lot of concentration due to the continuous and precise motions of each. Something like this COULD be possible...but only by an incredibly talented Avatar.

Kwesi

Verified Member
Hm...you make a fair point. Lightning Generation and Octopus Form both require a lot of concentration due to the continuous and precise motions of each. Something like this COULD be possible...but only by an incredibly talented Avatar (maybe Kyoshi could've pulled it ff if she had gotten around to it).

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
No no, I mean if someone attacks YOU whilst You are using this combo, the lightning will strike you, and if it's an AvatarState only move, it's pretty much your own death!
All you need to perform this combo are the bendings. Not avatarstate.

Janny

Verified Member
The only time we saw an Avatar use lightning is in the battle of Aang VS Ozai, and true Aang was only redirecting Ozai's lightning, but it still counts as lightningbending. He control the lightning and was able to control it but decided not to end Ozai's life so Aang shot the lightning into the air proving he was able to control it, so we was lightningbending

TheBlueSpirit

Verified Member
The only time we saw an Avatar use lightning is in the battle of Aang VS Ozai, and true Aang was only redirecting Ozai's lightning, but it still counts as lightningbending. He control the lightning and was able to control it but decided not to end Ozai's life so Aang shot the lightning into the air proving he was able to control it, so we was lightningbending
Well, I mean, I see redirecting lightning as somewhat separate from lightning bending. It always seemed interesting to me that both of Zuko's abusers used lightning, and he never was able to learn it. Instead, he learned how to redirect it, as if instead of taking in their hatred and letting it destroy him, releasing it out into the universe. Now I know that doesn't have much to do with this instance of the plugin, but lightning redirection has always seemed really separate from generating lightning to me. I realize that Iroh was able to do both, but still.

DanStryder

Verified Member
It's a stong move White xD

Also I think BlueSpirit is referring to the generation of Lightning, Redirection is technically different as you are taking it into yourself and sending it another way, you do not generate anymore lightning than what is already there.

Kwesi

Verified Member
It's a stong move White xD

Also I think BlueSpirit is referring to the generation of Lightning, Redirection is technically different as you are taking it into yourself and sending it another way, you do not generate anymore lightning than what is already there.
You're right, they are different techniques.

Status
Not open for further replies.