• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Would this be a nice avatar move?

• No, but maybe with some changes it could be good.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Hi ppl!

On my own private server, I mentioned being the avatar is quite boring, since it's only the avatar state and all the elements :/
That's why I came up with this(hope you like it:)) :

- Elemental tornado:
This is a combo which can only be used by the avatar. Here is the move order:
Tornado(shift) -> watermanipulation(click) -> earthblast(click) -> fireblast(click)
When you performed the moves in the right order, a tornado will appear. This tornado will drag water and earth towards itself. (if there is water/earth near it. If there isn't any water/earth near it, it won't appear in the tornado) Fire will be shot from the player and go into the tornado too. This will create a move using all the elements. This won't lagg, cause the water in the tornado it just as much as torrent (maybe a bit more), the fire is just as much as fireburst click and the earth could be earth blocks, but as an entity. (used in EarthShard made by @Carbogen ) When it comes near a player, he/she will be sucked into it, and the tornado will change to an air shield shape, making the player unable to leave it. When you click, the "ball" would "burst" and the player inside of it will be hit with a large amount of knockback. (This shouldn't lagg very much cause it uses a normal amount of particles.)

That's my first idea for the avatar ideas:) I hope you like it. Lemme know what you think.

- Finn

Last edited:

David

Verified Member
What? Avatar? Boring?

I guess a one-hitting fire blast with a huge radius isn't enough.

Silentnate347

Verified Member
The avatar has only shown bending all 4 elements when making a sphere around themself/Vaatu with Air/Water/Fire/Earth. Never once has it shown 2 elements combined in 1 move since each elements fighting styles are different. There have been exceptions where korra uses airbending mixed with fire-styled movement but thats it.

Kwesi

Verified Member
The avatar has only shown bending all 4 elements when making a sphere around themself/Vaatu with Air/Water/Fire/Earth. Never once has it shown 2 elements combined in 1 move since each elements fighting styles are different. There have been exceptions where korra uses airbending mixed with fire-styled movement but thats it.
On the contrary, Aang created an extremely powerful attack using all the elements aimed at Ozai before he dissipated it.

Kwesi

Verified Member
Hi ppl!

On my own private server, I mentioned being the avatar is quite boring, since it's only the avatar state and all the elements :/
That's why I came up with this(hope you like it:)) :

- Elemental tornado:
This is a combo which can only be used by the avatar. Here is the move order:
Tornado(shift) -> watermanipulation(click) -> earthblast(click) -> fireblast(click)
When you performed the moves in the right order, a tornado will appear. This tornado will drag water and earth towards itself. (if there is water/earth near it. If there isn't any water/earth near it, it won't appear in the tornado) Fire will be shot from the player and go into the tornado too. This will create a move using all the elements. This won't lagg, cause the water in the tornado it just as much as torrent (maybe a bit more), the fire is just as much as fireburst click and the earth could be earth blocks, but as an entity. (used in EarthShard made by @Carbogen ) When it comes near a player, he/she will be sucked into it, and the tornado will change to an air shield shape, making the player unable to leave it. When you click, the "ball" would "burst" and the player inside of it will be hit with a large amount of knockback. (This shouldn't lagg very much cause it uses a normal amount of particles.)

That's my first idea for the avatar ideas:) I hope you like it. Lemme know what you think.

- Finn
I love the concept, but I see this ability working less like a tornado and more like a cage, one which would require you to aim at the entity and it would them form. Perhaps, while the effect is forming around the entity it the wind would cause them to be slightly slowed, during that time they could use a swift mobility move to escape (airblast, catapult, firejet, waterwave, etc). It would be that time margin provided, that if they could gain enough distance from the effect, they could escape it (which is similar to suffocate).

That's just how it makes more sense to me, but I do think it would be a fantastic ability for an AvatarCombo.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
On the contrary, Aang created an extremely powerful attack using all the elements aimed at Ozai before he dissipated it.
I would love to see that move put into the plugin, but it is most likely too much. It would take so long to code seeing as only water really has a beam type move (torrent). I get where you are coming from, but a tornado? Seems like that wouldn't work out well with torrent like water and the earth. Too blocky.

Kwesi

Verified Member
I would love to see that move put into the plugin, but it is most likely too much. It would take so long to code seeing as only water really has a beam type move (torrent). I get where you are coming from, but a tornado? Seems like that wouldn't work out well with torrent like water and the earth. Too blocky.
He mentions that they could perhaps be in entity form so they prevent potential lag and flow smoothly with the movements.

David

Verified Member
Air Stream and Earth Line~

Silentnate347

Verified Member
I know exactly what you are talking about which is also what i was talking about when i said "bending all 4 elements when making a sphere around themself/Vaatu with Air/Water/Fire/Earth"

Kwesi

Verified Member
I know exactly what you are talking about which is also what i was talking about when i said "bending all 4 elements when making a sphere around themself/Vaatu with Air/Water/Fire/Earth"
Ah, okay, so you also meant that, which is good. Although, that incident can honestly serve as evidence that it is possible for all avatars, can't it?

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
What? Avatar? Boring?

I guess a one-hitting fire blast with a huge radius isn't enough.
That's the boring thing. 1 hit killing everyone with a single fireblast. This would make you feel like the real avatar.

Silentnate347

Verified Member
Ah, okay, so you also meant that, which is good. Although, that incident can honestly serve as evidence that it is possible for all avatars, can't it?
My answer to this would be yes.
It is possible on Projectkorra By using these moves in AvatarState in this order...
  1. Airshield *Toggles When in AvatarState*
  2. Waterspout (WaveForm) *Toggles while in AvatarState*
  3. FireShield
While writing this i realized its impossible to add Earth but you can RaiseEarth/EarthGrab The enemy then just fly down on them. If you use WaterCombo the WaterSpout (WaveForm) will do damage and The FireShield will burn while the AirShield keeps them in the EarthGrab! Deadly technique if executed correctly! You could also switch FireShield while flying into a Torrent and shoot it forward. The last slot is basically any elemental move you'd want... Just bring bottles!

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Then nerf the Avatar State, I'm sure it's possible in config.
Then it would still just be buffs, but nothing fabulous or special. Also, I think the avatar state should be activated by holding shift, not by clicking.

Kwesi

Verified Member
Then it would still just be buffs, but nothing fabulous or special. Also, I think the avatar state should be activated by holding shift, not by clicking.
I agree with you about holding sneak to enter the avatar state, it gives a greater impact. If I were holding sneak it would feel more like I'm channeling my past lives and evoking the avatar state, as opposed to throwing a punch. XD

David

Verified Member
I agree with you about holding sneak to enter the avatar state, it gives a greater impact. If I were holding sneak it would feel more like I'm channeling my past lives and evoking the avatar state, as opposed to throwing a punch. XD
I disagree because often time, fully realized Avatars can go in it instantly, and leave it instantly.
I think it shuold be possible to hold shift to activate it, but with a separate perm, you can just left click to activate it. That way Avatars have a choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.