• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Am I The Only One Who Thinks Political Parties Are Bad?

Hero

Verified Member
I'm not here to start a fight or anything, but I am the only one who thinks political parties are somewhat bad?

I'm always hearing how this republican beat up this democrat in a campaign. Or how in history, political parties caused a lot of problems and started more fights. No matter where you go, problems arise when you have "opposing" parties near.

Whats your opinion?
@HydroMan @AlexTheCoder @MistPhizzle @Vidcom @Easte @Loony @Gamzee

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Lol, still don't know what these parties are about. xD
I hate politics, and I always will. xD

V

Vidcom

As an anarchist, I agree entirely, but I will spare you the rant. Arbitrary groupings of people creates a "them vs us" mentality, which will ultimately lead to conflict and division.

Hero

Verified Member
As an anarchist, I agree entirely, but I will spare you the rant. Arbitrary groupings of people creates a "them vs us" mentality, which will ultimately lead to conflict and division.
Anarchist sounds scary.

AlexTheCoder

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Political parties are a good thing, and ultimately a native aspect of human society. Humans naturally form groups with others who share similar ideas or have a similar thought process. Think about hobby clubs. Its the same basic idea.

Hero

Verified Member
Political parties are a good thing, and ultimately a native aspect of human society. Humans naturally form groups with others who share similar ideas or have a similar thought process. Think about hobby clubs. Its the same basic idea.
Yeah, but hobbies dont tend to cause fights.
The first president, George Washington, didnt like political parties.
Let me now take a more comprehensive view, and warn you in the most solemn manner against the baneful effects of the Spirit of Party...
- Washington's Farewell Address from 1769.

Mist

Staff member
Administrator
Yeah, but hobbies dont tend to cause fights.
The first president, George Washington, didnt like political parties. - Washington's Farewell Address from 1769.
George Washington was unofficially a Federalist. (Hence why the first real change of power was from Adams -> Jefferson, not Washington -> Adams). He warned against political parties, but the creation of them were inevitable. (The Federalists and Antifederalists were around before our constitution was even signed)

Hero

Verified Member
George Washington was unofficially a Federalist. (Hence why the first real change of power was from Adams -> Jefferson, not Washington -> Adams). He warned against political parties, but the creation of them were inevitable. (The Federalists and Antifederalists were around before our constitution was even signed)
Mhmm.....learn something new everyday.
I stll think parties cause problems.

LeafHD_

Verified Member
I'm not here to start a fight or anything, but I am the only one who thinks political parties are somewhat bad?

I'm always hearing how this republican beat up this democrat in a campaign. Or how in history, political parties caused a lot of problems and started more fights. No matter where you go, problems arise when you have "opposing" parties near.

Whats your opinion?
@HydroMan @AlexTheCoder @MistPhizzle @Vidcom @Easte @Loony @Gamzee
*Ahem* It is not said party that is bad, it is the people that can make the party look bad or good. Curupt people in a particular party can make it look bad. My country—Belize—has two political parties, the Peoples United Party (PUP) and the United Democratic Party (UDP), at the moment, the UDP is "ruling" the country, however the PUP are of the minority; however still acknowledged by many. At one point in time it was the PUP that was considered corrupt not by the opposing party, but by the people and the "neutrals". This is the same thing that happened to the UDP, its simultaneous. Why? you may ask, it is due to the people that are in the party, not the party itself. This is seen in many countries where the parties are corrupt. So don't hate on the parties, hate the people (Hate may seem a little strong in this context).

Btw, i dont live in the US so I cant say much about there.

Hero

Verified Member
*Ahem* It is not said party that is bad, it is the people that can make the party look bad or good. Curupt people in a particular party can make it look bad. My country—Belize—has two political parties, the Peoples United Party (PUP) and the United Democratic Party (UDP), at the moment, the UDP is "ruling" the country, however the PUP are of the minority; however still acknowledged by many. At one point in time it was the PUP that was considered corrupt not by the opposing party, but by the people and the "neutrals". This is the same thing that happened to the UDP, its simultaneous. Why? you may ask, it is due to the people that are in the party, not the party itself. This is seen in many countries where the parties are corrupt. So don't hate on the parties, hate the people (Hate may seem a little strong in this context).

Btw, i dont live in the US so I cant say much about there.
To me, it's the same.