• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied Airswipe

Status
Not open for further replies.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Introduction
Wouldn't it be cool if the trigger for it was similar to airsweep: needing to swipe your cursor. I'm thinking that airswipe should work in a similar manner - with the necessity of moving your crossheir for the ability to work or its attack to succeed in hitting someone-thing.

Its Workings
Left Click >> Swipe your cursor horizontally/vertically/diagonally

This would leave the name of the ability in more literal sense too. Adding to this new requirement, I think the position of projectile on how you swipe it (horizontally, diagonally, ect..) will correspond the construct's projectile, changing the hitbox of it as well.

Reasons
Since all abilities are almost the same in means of control, where most majority of them uses lazy left click's and sneaks. Along with airswipe, I think it nowadays gets dulls quicker. Regarding with canon, the benders that used airswipe (airblast functioning, but looking like airswipes) they happen to swipe their hands/staffs then thrusting, which makes up for another reason why it should act in the plugin the same as it did there. Last things, diversity - adding it to my first point, it is what makes the bending more vibrant and fun, even with the details such as this one (the whole post). Like somebody said it (probably Finn), it doesn't add to much of a change in the plugin, but it adds some difference to the plugin with a detail such as this.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Airsweep will stay. All am I doing is adding a new control requirement and two new options to shape the airswipe (horizontal and diagonal). Other then that, nothing else majory.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
I actually don't know how the charge one's looks or behaves. If it isn't much different from the normal airblast, then after holding sneak the user must swipe it.

Vahagn

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
The charged airswipe is simply an airswipe activated by holding sneak until particles show. I don't see how you can swipe it.

paliate

Verified Member
this seems less than smart, this function would make airsweep's function useless.
not to mention it'd be delaying air as a whole in comparison to other element's single-click moves.

i don't think air can afford to have that disadvantage.
especially with the airblast change coming, we wouldn't have quick enough movement to be able to get behind someone and swipe our crusor before they've already hit the bender twice. i think this would be a cool idea but not for minecraft and balancing purposes sadly.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
this seems less than smart, this function would make airsweep's function useless.
not to mention it'd be delaying air as a whole in comparison to other element's single-click moves.

i don't think air can afford to have that disadvantage.
especially with the airblast change coming, we wouldn't have quick enough movement to be able to get behind someone and swipe our crusor before they've already hit the bender twice. i think this would be a cool idea but not for minecraft and balancing purposes sadly.
Welp, we can add other disadvantages to other elemental basic attacks. For instance, watermanipulation requiring to rapid left click, fire... *can't think of anything* Or, maybe AirSwipe wouldn't need to be left licked.

PK's plans for airswipe is to make it more like an airblast but less range. This wouldn't work.
Aw :(

paliate

Verified Member
so you're saying we should disadvantage everyone for the sake of this small feature that isn't needed.
does that really make any sort of sense to you? (the right answer is no, not for this change)

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Not if we add the other 3 small features to other 3 elements. That wouldn't be "for the sake of this small feature", but for the sake of all 4 (if we can think of any other details).

SuperBower118

Verified Member
Not if we add the other 3 small features to other 3 elements. That wouldn't be "for the sake of this small feature", but for the sake of all 4 (if we can think of any other details).
fire... *can't think of anything*
FireBlast is already at a disadvantage when compared to the 3 other element's basic attacks, leave it alone.

Also, there's no reason to ruin the other basic attacks just for the sake of airswipe having this additional handicap. I hate airswipe as it is, but I'm not sure this is the way to go.

SuperBower118

Verified Member
Why would it ruin them? I'm making them fair for the sake of all those attacks (well, actually, I will).
Well to be fair, I'll wait until you make the other threads for this to be a serious discussion.
But I'm against the fact of changing the other basic moves just to rebalance them with airswipe, because I do think that they're- for the most part- fine.
Don't fix things that aren't broken.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Don't fix things that aren't broken.
Adding a detail doesn't mean fixing anything. If the problem that everyone mentioned is a serious issue, I can just freely ignore my idea and stop focusing on it.

While they are fine, I think a nice control tweak could be added, because "left clicks" and "sneak" became old overtime already. With airswipe requiring swip, make watermanipulation 5 rapid left clicks, earthblast with a delay-- lifting a block and sending it like how portrayed in the show. How about these one's for a change?

SuperBower118

Verified Member
Adding a detail doesn't mean fixing anything. If the problem that everyone mentioned is a serious issue, I can just freely ignore my idea and stop focusing on it.

While they are fine, I think a nice control tweak could be added, because "left clicks" and "sneak" became old overtime already. With airswipe requiring swip, make watermanipulation 5 rapid left clicks, earthblast with a delay-- lifting a block and sending it like how portrayed in the show. How about these one's for a change?
Just because it gets "old" doesn't mean it's not effective. Having each basic move, and I mean BASIC move have these special requirements is a bit ridiculous. Yes, it does represent the game, but if you're playing an FPS game that's set in wartime, would you like it if you got dust in your eyes and face if you went through a smoke cloud? Realism is nice, but there's a level of it that is what defines a game as a game. It's a stimulation, not recreation.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Airswipe could be left as it is, except holding sneak and moving your cursor respectiely before charged should create horizontal/diagonal swipes. How about that?

paliate

Verified Member
you're trying to save an idea that wasn't well thought out to begin with.
you're trying to recreate airsweep's function, which is ALREADY a function in the game and would not add anything to projectkorra.

this isn't an MMO where we can just add the animation to a move freely, this is minecraft.
and because we already have a function that does this we don't need another to do the exact same thing.
it'd be like chi having 3 differently named smokebombs that do the exact same thing, it's nothing new.

let it go, friend.
and if you're going to try to continue with this atleast make a full page about the changes you'd like and why.
think about it before just posting a half-thought out idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.