• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied AirSense

Status
Not open for further replies.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
But that wouldn't really make sense to have it in chat and besides what is the point then because by there time you look down at your chat you would be already dead xD

May be toggle it to either have it in chat, particles, or off by right clicking with airblast?
I would disagree, because neither particles makes sense. I personally think that having a notification in the chat is then closest to feeling the air currents than seeing it visually, which in reality it wouldn't make sense for a gust of wind to be a sensor when it isn't even absent by the naked eye :D (of course blowing the bender would be a reliable option, but than again Hypersensitivity doesn't work like that). Chat is a virtual thing, so it matches the concept of having to perceive something without actually seeing or hearing, which is what Hypersensitivity is all about. I have no trouble at reading the chat, I just take a quick glimpse at it and continue on pvping, which I'm pretty sure everyone does that, so I don't know why you find that a big problem.

SuperBower118

Verified Member
I disagree with airbenders having a player RADAR on them. Airbenders could projectiles because they'd disrupt the air, and it should be noted that they only were able to sense the projectiles at a close range. Having them sense players at any useful range (8 - 10 blocks) would make this really odd, and honestly, it's not needed.

xNuminousx

Verified Member
Basically the majority is saying this would be aesthetically displeasing and cannot be done correctly in minecraft.

chazpants

Verified Member
I don't like the idea simply because it would constantly be on. I love bending PvP and my go-to element is air. I always use quick attacks then maybe get out of range from my enemy so I can heal back any hearts that I lose and wait for cool downs to leave my presence. This being said, I would constantly be going out of range and into range of enemies and they would constantly be shooting at me so this means that there would constantly be air particles in my face, making me disabled in any bending combat. I've looked around and I know a lot of air benders typically will blast our of range just to either put the enemy at a disadvantage by not knowing where they went or healing. If there was a way to make this less annoying and maybe only do it once per person until like 10 minutes that would be a bit better. But the way that is described here, I would hope there is a toggle off....
I completely agree, this should be put in the RPG plugin. There is the pvp part to consider too.

xNuminousx

Verified Member
I don't agree with the chat idea either. Not for the same reasons as above. I think once you learned the color and structure order of the chat notification you would be able to use peripheral vision to easily "sense" what was said in chat and react. I think this idea would be really cool to use but I still don't think it would be pleasing in minecraft, even if it was in chat. I'm just not feeling it.

xNuminousx

Verified Member
If it was toggle-able in the configuration I would honestly leave it off. I mean if you add that, then go for it. I would be all for it if you could turn it off and leave it off.

SamuraiSnowman

Verified Member
u air particles will appear infront of your screen for 1 second.
this actually a rather large time.. It'd be better if it was a flash of particles, a fraction of a second (like 1/4).. People can move quite far in a second, which would kill you.

Green

Verified Member
this actually a rather large time.. It'd be better if it was a flash of particles, a fraction of a second (like 1/4).. People can move quite far in a second, which would kill you.
Ya sorry I wanted it to be quick but I had no idea how much time it should be there...

And besides this ability doesn't activate for a certain entity again, unless them go out come back in, after 1 minute. I explained that

Loony

Verified Member
Just because somebody reacted to something coming their way doesn't mean they know where everything is around them at all times. This isn't canon, it's overpowered and it would be too much going on at all times.

In arena's, you would constantly have particles spawning around you. It would confuse you more than it helped.

I'm going to deny this.

Status
Not open for further replies.