• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Air Grab/Air Ball

Aceliip

Verified Member
I was thinking on making coding my own ability for airbenders but I've hit a snag, so I'm posting the idea here to see if anyone could help me out or take over. I was wanting an ability that air bending could use to block and snuff out any projectile shot at them negating any damage that could have been dealt. This move would be activated by shifting and then right clicking at the projectile just before it hits you. A ball of air would surround the projectile and stop it inside a ball, you can then let go of shit to stop, dropping the object or snuffing out fire/water. This move would be ineffective against an airbending move as grabbing air in the ball would be pointless when u could just deflect it with AirShield or AirSwipe.

Here's an example video:

An alternate Idea to this is Airball, not like the game in the first book of ATLA but a condensed sphere of air you can fire dealing half a heart with a small knockback that can interrupt moves and has the auto targeting like EarthBlast and WaterManipulation.

If someone has already come up with this idea I am sorry for the re-post, I am just so happy that this plugin is growing so well and fast and would love more "spice" as it were added to airbending as i think its lacking (earthbending now has like 25+ moves lol).

HydroMan

Verified Member
1.What if grapping a fire projectile with airball ,the airball would turn into fire ball instead as the airball spins and sucks the fire into it ,causing it to circule around the airball
2. This should catch also throwing projectiles ,like arrows snowballs and eggs, as this is already on the video how bumi caught the plate and the caughr projectile ,like arrow, would spin in the ball circular motion horizontally
3. The move would stop when the user iss hit by the move that deals damage to him/her
4. This move could only grap watermanip and fireblast ,earthblast will go right pass through it ,but the damage would be reduced. Same goes for icespike and iceblast (maybe also for charged fireblast?)

Last edited:

Aceliip

Verified Member
i agree but i was going for a more defensive move as air is defensive more than aggressive so mainly was thinking of this move to just nullify a projectile and drop it at your feet kinda deal like the video. Your 1. was good though i think that would be a good idea for an attack ability. you gotta think about 4. though as korra and alot of other airbending moves in the show were able o block and destroy earth projectiles.

HydroMan

Verified Member
i agree but i was going for a more defensive move as air is defensive more than aggressive so mainly was thinking of this move to just nullify a projectile and drop it at your feet kinda deal like the video. Your 1. was good though i think that would be a good idea for an attack ability. you gotta think about 4. though as korra and alot of other airbending moves in the show were able o block and destroy earth projectiles.
What about 2. one? Don't you agree on that one? Also i never seen an airbender destroyed an earth projectile before. Would you mind showing it (unless its from book 4 then dont spoil it)

Aceliip

Verified Member
its in book 3 when korra fights the sherif after they bring the airbender Kai on board the airship. Episode 2 to be exact.

Korra only uses air bending from the start of this fight then uses earth bending...

watch at the 14 minute mark. This is only 1 example.l.