• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Addition to Earthblast

Status
Not open for further replies.

IceEyes

Verified Member
Addition to Earthblast

What will the addition do to earthblast: The blast will follow you next to your left shoulder.

How would it be used? : If you would like to catapult, and attack from above or while flying this is the perfect addon.

How would you activate it? : Shift two times on a block instead of one time, and by leftclicking you'd shoot it

Gif for example:

IceEyes

Verified Member
I have done it with catapult what Sui is doing from the GIF above.
Guess it's possible when you shoot it, catapult and quickly change to earthblast and then change it's direction. But this would make it way easier.

Moonelight

Verified Member
Placing Looking Into! My opinions on moving sources have kind of changed, and since this one has been previewed in the show, why not like it :)? This would be a great way to mimic Bottle Bending, but in an EarthBender fashion.

SuperBower118

Verified Member
This would be a great way to mimic Bottle Bending, but in an EarthBender fashion.
Expect when you realize how much earth's damage stacks up. Should this be added, it should put a more significant cooldown on earthblast when it's used. (1 sec perhaps)

SuperBower118

Verified Member
One source block following you at a time
It should still put a slightly longer cooldown on earthblast. Earthbending isn't all about moving around and even though this would allow earthbenders to be like fire when it comes to charging on firejet, should earth have a similar feature, it would be way too OP.

Moonelight

Verified Member
It should still put a slightly longer cooldown on earthblast. Earthbending isn't all about moving around and even though this would allow earthbenders to be like fire when it comes to charging on firejet, should earth have a similar feature, it would be way too OP.
It wouldn't really affect earthbending all that much honestly, so I see no need to worry about cooldowns and charge times.

SuperBower118

Verified Member
It wouldn't really affect earthbending all that much honestly, so I see no need to worry about cooldowns and charge times.
Then you don't know much about Earth. It's damage stacks up fast and one earthblast does mean a difference. If this doesn't have a cooldown, then earthbenders can just pull of a charging-on-firejet scenario with sneak catapult, expect it'll be worst. Earth could effectively chase a lot more easier.

Moonelight

Verified Member
Then you don't know much about Earth. It's damage stacks up fast and one earthblast does mean a difference. If this doesn't have a cooldown, then earthbenders can just pull of a charging-on-firejet scenario with sneak catapult, expect it'll be worst. Earth could effectively chase a lot more easier.
If this were to be added - you could only shoot that one earth blast before being able to pick a new source. I actually play a lot as Earth so yes I do know a lot about it. I honestly do not see any problem with someone having a single EarthBlast following them. And incase you're confused this would only be an EarthBlast source following you. Anyone can spam a single move and have it stack quickly, not just Earth.

EDIT: Why do you think one EarthBlast is going to match a Charged FireBlast? Because it's not going to.

djmyernos

Verified Member
This is a great idea! Would love to see it implemented! I think it would give Earth more versatility.

As far as the cooldown thing, what's the point? You can only have one block following you, and by the time you land from Catapult, the cooldown would be over. If anything, I would put a cooldown on the "block following you in the air" feature as opposed to the move in general. But again, I don't think it's really necessary. Hope that helps!

Green

Verified Member
This is a great idea! Would love to see it implemented! I think it would give Earth more versatility.

As far as the cooldown thing, what's the point? You can only have one block following you, and by the time you land from Catapult, the cooldown would be over. If anything, I would put a cooldown on the "block following you in the air" feature as opposed to the move in general. But again, I don't think it's really necessary. Hope that helps!
Thank you for agreeing with me on the whole cool down thing!

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
I have no feelings toward, so I'm not sure if this would be a good thing or a bad one. Seems a neat feature. But wouldn't this cause. The only worry I have for this, that won't this make a usual phenomenon, were every earthbender seem to be running around with the block whenever they choose to use earthblast? I hope this won't cease the majority of earthbenders precision to attacking from far away distance.

SuperBower118

Verified Member
I have no feelings toward, so I'm not sure if this would be a good thing or a bad one. Seems a neat feature. But wouldn't this cause. The only worry I have for this, that won't this make a usual phenomenon, were every earthbender seem to be running around with the block whenever they choose to use earthblast? I hope this won't cease the majority of earthbenders precision to attacking from far away distance.
This is the type of stuff I'm worried about. Already, Earthbenders can pull off a good amount of BS with EarthSmash's knocking-you-up feature, and now earthbenders have the potential to be like a firebender with firejet, expect it's worse because Earthblast is guildable and it barely has a cooldown.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
As long as an earthbender wouldn't have the capability to be often seen rushing around with a rock attached to them towards their opponent, as close as possible instead from firing away from distance, making this a frequent occurrence in pvp with earthbenders, than I wouldn't have any problem with this being implanted to the plugin.

How wait, this is about for the addon to work only along with catapult. Well, I have no thought about that :p

Last edited:

SuperBower118

Verified Member
As long as an earthbender wouldn't have the capability to be often seen rushing around with a rock attached to them towards their opponent, as close as possible instead from firing away from distance, making this a frequent occurrence in pvp with earthbenders, than I wouldn't have any problem with this being implanted to the plugin.

How wait, this is about for the addon to work only along with catapult. Well, I have no thought about that :p
I don't understand this, but if Earthbenders are basically allowed to freaking jump around with the tame catapult while shooting earthblasts, that's ridiculous

Status
Not open for further replies.