• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied ability suggestions :D

do u like this? shall this get added?

• LUV DIS :O ADD THEM ;_;

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • nupe! and nupe!

Votes: 5 62.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

xNuminousx

Verified Member
Haven't read this yet but this should have been posted to the Project Korra (Core) > Suggestions forum.

xNuminousx

Verified Member
Smoke bending.... I do not think that Smokebending is a real thing, or should be, because smoke and fire are completely different. But in the show we see Fire Lord Sozin smoke bending so I can't argue with that.

We have already determined that sound bending is not possible in the world of Avatar on Project Korra

By solar energy you would be referring to UV rays which is commonly known to be produced by the sun and black lights. This would be going into the idea that there is light bending which I do not think is possible. Fire benders, skilled ones, are able to control the color of their fire through their chi and rage, and other aspects of themselves, but I don't consider firebending controlling light.

The Lava Wave you mentioned sounds similar to Lava Surge which is already a thing.

I do not completely understand what you mean by Earth Toggle? Changing the state or type of earth? Not positive.

xNuminousx

Verified Member
Firelord Sozin smoke bends when he and Avatar Roku are trying to save the island from a volcano. He takes the smoke in through one hand and out the other which hardens the magma.

Heat_redirection.png

xNuminousx

Verified Member
Just found out that the Avatar Wiki calls what Fire lord Sozin did "Heat Control" but you can still see he is manipulating smoke.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Mist said that no new more subelements will be added to theplugin, or at least not likely to take in consideration.

We already have proven numerious of times that soundbending isn't doable by airbenders with scientific evidence and conclusion made on what level airbenders can bend using 'canon' as a source. Also, lavawave was already a thing but it got removed (afraid to be mistaken, but I think...) because 1.8 removed liquid blocks to have/use fallingentity type of stuff.

I doubt that a plain dirt can be turn into metal, sand or cobble (benders arent magicians - they can change their enviroment that is possible by the means of how nature can change with logic). To get lava - lavaflow does that job already.

StrangeOne101

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
gr8 another non-positive forum
Ignore the people above. People here are often un-welcoming :p

Some of your ideas are certainly great! A few of them would be neat if you refine and polish them a bit ;) I think a lot of the hate often comes from the fact that people think it is "un-canon". People here LOVE to stick to the show, so just a heads up.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
I'm being a realist here. While your ideas are creative and I appreciate your work on contributing with this project, sharing your ideas how it can be improved, but these new subelements aren't that relative to be in the plugin. You see, we are focusing on making this plugin better with one goal - to make the game close to the Avatar Universe of bending powers. These sub-element sound more like fictional powers than of something that could be achieved in the Avatar World, specifally from The Legend of Korra and The Last Airbender (cartoon).

Nevertheless, I do encourage you to make more suggestions to this plugin and any other side plugin, and I'm not stopping you from doing with my constructive criticism. But, before you go on making them, I recommend you to check threads that have tips on how to make/design an suggestion for an ability, so that you could grasp the concept how to make one perfect, so that you have a better chance for it be accepted by most people and possibly have it to turn out to be succesful for the staff community to take in cobsideration in making it. I hope you good luck and wish you well on channging this plugin to make it one of the best of all or well known, in any way that helps the plugin to improve with success. We are all in this together, no matter if we work it together or alone to make the plugin most downloadable and one of all fun games to play in minecraft. :)

Last edited:

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Just found out that the Avatar Wiki calls what Fire lord Sozin did "Heat Control" but you can still see he is manipulating smoke.
Probably, like airbending, that was a visual animation to represent that heat was being absorbed by him for the audience.
-solarenergy
hold shift to charge up and unleash shift to spawn a solar beam, if ur in it you heal, can be broken if attack by any move or blocked, if u click to a Player it will throw down a big fireball from the sky
and u hold shift enough on the solar beam u can make it a 4x4 wich then u can use lightning to have a airstrike like mixture of lightnings and fireballs
This doesn't follow the law of how bending works. Firebenders can't generate solar beams, firebenders don't have the power to heal physically, and they can't create fire further than a few inches from their limbs or mouth. This would better off as a custom ability, than an official one.

Last edited:

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
-solarenergy
hold shift to charge up and unleash shift to spawn a solar beam, if ur in it you heal, can be broken if attack by any move or blocked, if u click to a Player it will throw down a big fireball from the sky
and u hold shift enough on the solar beam u can make it a 4x4 wich then u can use lightning to have a airstrike like mixture of lightnings and fireballs
This doesn't follow the law of how bending works. Firebenders can't generate solar beams, firebenders don't have the power to heal physically, and they can't create fire further than a few inches from their limbs or mouth. This would better off as a custom ability, than an official one.
Ignore the people above. People here are often un-welcoming :p
Excuse you, we are un-welcoming? If all of us have something to criticize about someone's idea, that makes them un-welcomed by those people who had disagreement with it? Oh yeah! We are "prompting" him to leave, aren't we? How disrespectable of us to do such a bad thing.
I think a lot of the hate often comes from the fact that people think it is "un-canon".
Well, most of the official abilities, combos and subelements come from. The Member's ideas are not just un-canon, but they aren't type of things that you could prove with logic from the ATLA/TLOK franchise.

Last edited:

xNuminousx

Verified Member
When you make a suggestion on an open forum you must be open to criticism. Anything said here was not to spite you are make you feel uneducated. You clearly stated that you were new to the website, so naturally you may not have an idea of what we look for in a move. With the information posted here you now have a general idea of what is accepted and what is not. When I read an ability suggestion I completely cut the show from memory. I would rather want a move that is logical and actually possible than only moves used in the show. I love these ideas and I think they were really creative, but they would add a fantasy to the plugin where as it sticks with science-fiction. The avatar series is a fantasy but it uses logic. Try to become more aware of the website before you suggest another move so you know what has been suggested and what has not. You seem really creative and you could help out a lot to the plugin.

Sshawarma

Verified Member
None of us are trying to make this a closed/exclusive community, we are all atla/lok fans who want bending in MC and are open about our ideas and don't want any toxic....stuff :D on the forums

xNuminousx

Verified Member
The way I see it, if we are less blunt then the idea doesn't get across. No one learns and no one grows as a human being. If you can't take criticism then don't publicly say something you can't support. That is all.

Status
Not open for further replies.