• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

A question about firebending, I guess?

Gamzee

God Tier Member
Verified Member
I was playing as a chi the other day against a firebender. I noticed that as soon as you start on fire, there is absolutely no hope left for a chi. They have no moves to stop the fire, the knockback from the fire stops their escape, and when you go in water to stop the fire, you are fish in a barrel as chi have no mobility in water. I was also thinking, in the show fire did not set the person on fire really, more of just hit them hard and stuff. This is not a suggestion as I do not know if other people are experiencing the same complaints, but I have some solutions I think to the "problem."

1. Find a way to stop fire damage knockback (unlikely)

2. Reduce burn time for fire moves

Do you have a different solution? Do you even think its a problem? Please comment.

Thanks for reading!

Sorin

Verified Member
Yeah in the show they got burned by the fire, But they didn't stay on fire (wouldn't be to kid friendly if they did stay on fire), so either the fire shouldn't keep you on fire, Or there is a passive where you can roll to put out the fire, Full support either way.
#StopDrop&Roll

Moonelight

Verified Member
I know that, but I don't remember the fire damage doing so much knockback that it made it difficult to get to water like it does now.
Oh, I guess I may of noticed that. But simple moved that get you to move will clear the fire off of you. (For fire, it's firejet.)

owlcool

Verified Member
You could dodge the slow moves of firebending, or strafe a firebender, and abuse acrobaticstance and highjump...

Gamzee

God Tier Member
Verified Member
You can't dodge with the knockback of fire damage throwing you around. This is a thread to discuss how the fire knockback could be somehow fixed, as currently once you start on fire it is much easier for a fire bender to defeat you. Plus its insanely annoying.

owlcool

Verified Member
You can't dodge with the knockback of fire damage throwing you around. This is a thread to discuss how the fire knockback could be somehow fixed, as currently once you start on fire it is much easier for a fire bender to defeat you. Plus its insanely annoying.
Firebending is notable for its intense and aggressive attacking style and general lack of adequate defensive moves, although some notable firebenders utilize creative defensive techniques by creating large walls of fire,[2] or shooting down incoming objects with precise attacks.
Unless everything I have ever heard about firebending is false, and everything that is currently on this webpage, http://avatar.wikia.com/wiki/Firebending
Then maybe we will consider removing the burning damage of firebending and not adding anything back to counterbuff it. Maybe.
According to Iroh, fire is the element of power.
So on the other hands of the spectrum, air is the element of freedom, earth is element of substance. Water is the element of change. So this can be interpreted directly as, Fire is a element of offense, Air is the element of mobility, earth is the element of defense, and water is the element of adaptability. The way fire is best represented in this plugin for it's offense is not because of it's powerful offense, but because of it's comparatively weak defenses.

Last edited: