• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

A Nooby Question

Unionjackjz1

Verified Member
This is a nooby question and I do know this, but how do I install new moves for elements? Do I put it into its respective element or is it another plugin? Or do I just throw it into the projector folder? I have been trying to do this for a while and nothing seems to work. I've been using this plugin for a few months now and I don't have an excuse not to know how to do this xD please respond asap! Thank you!

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
This is a nooby question and I do know this, but how do I install new moves for elements? Do I put it into its respective element or is it another plugin? Or do I just throw it into the projector folder? I have been trying to do this for a while and nothing seems to work. I've been using this plugin for a few months now and I don't have an excuse not to know how to do this xD please respond asap! Thank you!
Put the abilities in the abilitiies/ability folder ;)

Unionjackjz1

Verified Member
Wait, that didn't work. What the hell am I doing wrong? I put the elements I want added into the 'Ability' folder

Unionjackjz1

Verified Member
How do you mean the elements? you can download custom moves only. Anyway, some are broken.
Meant moves, but I tried around 10-15 and none of them were added. Including LavaDisk, Meditate 2, Fissure, SpiritBeam, EnergyBending, FartBlast, SonicBlast, WaterControl and none of them were added. Might be more that I missed.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Many custom moves are broken as of Beta 10 (might be 9 or 11) I believe. What version of the plugin are you using?

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
So Pk 1.6.0 Beta 11 then? That is the latest dev build. And most abilities do not work because of something put in in Beta like 9 now that I'm thinking about it. Look into the console to see what's causing them not to load. I'm pretty sure WaterControl hasn't been updated in ages so it could be causing it.

Unionjackjz1

Verified Member
So Pk 1.6.0 Beta 11 then? That is the latest dev build. And most abilities do not work because of something put in in Beta like 9 now that I'm thinking about it. Look into the console to see what's causing them not to load. I'm pretty sure WaterControl hasn't been updated in ages so it could be causing it.
I deleted all of the custom moves I was TYING to add, and I just put in LavaDisk into the Ability folder. I reloaded the server AND restarted it after, still nothing. LavaDisk does not show as a valid move.

Unionjackjz1

Verified Member
Debug file added to this message.

@finnbon

You didn't tag him so I did :p

EDIT - MCProhosting is going through a technical difficulty (that is noted as 'Priority - Critical') and is told to being worked on now. That could be why its not working, but lets wait and see. Nearly 100% sure that is irrelevant to the situation, as it fixed itself from 1 refresh of the webpage.

Attachments

Last edited:

jedk1

@finnbon

You didn't tag him so I did :p

EDIT - MCProhosting is going through a technical difficulty (that is noted as 'Priority - Critical') and is told to being worked on now. That could be why its not working, but lets wait and see. Nearly 100% sure that is irrelevant to the situation, as it fixed itself from 1 refresh of the webpage.
Your debug file shows you actually haven't installed any abilities. Abilities are installed into <YourServer>/plugins/ProjectKorra/Abilities

Unionjackjz1

Verified Member
Your debug file shows you actually haven't installed any abilities. Abilities are installed into <YourServer>/plugins/ProjectKorra/Abilities
I did that and added the following moves:

AirBreath
IceShards
Fissure
SpiritBeam
Meditate2
LavaDisk
FartBlast
SonicBlast
FireBreath
FireBall
EnergyBending

And now when I did this in the correct folder, when I try to do /bending add air, 'An internal error occurs while attempting to do this command'

There must have been a move causing problems. As the only move in the debug file that shows that isn't stock is IceShards, I deleted all of them and left that. I am slowly reinstalling them until I find the problem. But its all fixed! Someone can close the thread now.

Attachments

Last edited:

jedk1

I did that and added the following moves:

AirBreath
IceShards
Fissure
SpiritBeam
Meditate2
LavaDisk
FartBlast
SonicBlast
FireBreath
FireBall
EnergyBending

And now when I did this in the correct folder, when I try to do /bending add air, 'An internal error occurs while attempting to do this command'

There must have been a move causing problems. As the only move in the debug file that shows that isn't stock is IceShards, I deleted all of them and left that. I am slowly reinstalling them until I find the problem. But its all fixed! Someone can close the thread now.
can you give your console log?

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
And energybending in that debug file.