• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

12/26/2015 - Community Update

Mist

Staff member
Administrator
Hello everyone! Just wanted to give you guys an update as to what we have been working on lately.

First and foremost - I hope everyone has had / is having a wonderful holiday season. Remember to spend it with those you enjoy the most and be happy. The ProjectKorra Staff took a well deserved break in observation of the Christmas season and is back to work to produce quality content for everyone.

Over the last week or so we have been working on some cool stuff in preparation for a few bigger things, just a few updates:

Server List
I posted a thread last week detailing plans for a new server list. I said that old servers would be filtered out of resources on December 27th - this has been done. Enjoy a cleaner resources section :)

Staff Applications
We are not currently reviewing Staff Applications, but we have redone the way in which people apply. Staff Applications are now housed on the forum, this allows easy communication between the staff and the applicants. Applicants may review their application at any time - gone with Google Forms. You can find the new staff application system here. Reminder: Anyone that has previously submitted an application will have to re-submit their application to be considered for staff when we go through hiring again. We are not actively hiring, but it will not hurt to submit a staff application now.

Link: http://projectkorra.com/applicationform/navtab

New Forum Theme / Web Design
We have been working hard on a new forum theme for everyone. I hope to make this theme available to the public on January 1st, 2016 (to kick off the new year with a new look). A lot of users loved the current color scheme's simplistic approach, and I looked to find one with a similar scheme. It will be revealed in due time, but it does look a bit more lively, without being overbearing. The new UI for the forum is beautiful and is much more responsive.

Additionally, the ProjectKorra front-end website (located at http://projectkorra.com currently) will be laid to rest. My goal is to create a forum where everything is easy to find to avoid confusion. The new forum theme will accomplish a lot of that, but you can expect a few things to be moved around in the coming days to help us achieve that goal.

You should also be on the lookout for new post tagging features, resource features, the return of status updates being visible to everyone, and a better shoutbox. All of these features should be available before January 1st, but won't necessarily be announced until then (just to ease the amount of posts I have to make).

Probending
This is beginning to sound like a running joke, I know. It is worth noting that we are finishing up documentation on for the plugin now and are releasing it to the staff for testing this week. Assuming tests go well, we aim to have an official (BETA) release in early 2016. That's all there is to this for now.

Wiki
We have actually spent a lot of time lately on our documentation. We are currently in the midst of updating our current information and migrating it to a new wiki housed @ http://projectkorra.com/wiki/

Please review the content on the wiki and report any errors you may find. I want this wiki to be more of a community effort, as our old wikia was intended to be. If you take a look, you'll notice that the wikia page count is being decreased as information is migrated. We are currently about 50% done.

ProjectKorra (Core)
We just released ProjectKorra (Core) v1.8.0 BETA 7. This came with its fair share of bugs and we are working to fix them as soon as possible. I would like to drop this reminder that BETA builds technically aren't meant for large public servers (we welcome you to use them), but bugs are expected. We are beginning to focus ourselves more with where we want ProjecKorra (Core) v1.8.0 to go and we are confident you guys will enjoy it. Our development and concept design teams have been putting in around the clock work on this stuff, be sure to thank them sometimes (even when things don't work - they are trying their best).

Next Major Announcement: 2016 and Beyond
This is likely the last major announcement from me / the staff before 2016. I am currently in the process of drafting up a massive post detailing our plans for 2016 - as we hope to expand ProjectKorra and build on the progress we have already built. Great things are coming, be on the lookout. 2016 is looking to be a great year for us.

Thank you for a great 2015 - we couldn't do it without you.

Last edited:

HydroMan

Verified Member
Staff Applications
We are not currently reviewing Staff Applications, but we have redone the way in which people apply. Staff Applications are now housed on the forum, this allows easy communication between the staff and the applicants. Applicants may review their application at any time - gone with Google Forms. You can find the new staff application system here. Reminder: Anyone that has previously submitted an application will have to re-submit their application to be considered for staff when we go through hiring again. We are not actively hiring, but it will not hurt to submit a staff application now.

Link: http://projectkorra.com/forum/applicationform/navtab
Will you give us the previous submitions, so that we won't need to rewrite everything from scratch, where simple we could copy-paste it again?

Jackson

Staff member
Digital Team
Verified Member
Mist, is Probending coming with a web interface like your old version did?